The Glider "Nerf" - Breakdown and what went wrong

Part A - The breakdown
Glider changes are as follows:

• Glider now requires you to hold an item in order to glider
  • Glider movement is now far faster than it used to be
  • Glider now takes 0 fall damage regardless of height.

Part B - The old problems
The old issues with glider are as follows:

• People used the kit to replicate what could be seen as Bhop hacks. By holding shift and jumping in order to move around your opponents super fast. This issue was fixed with the new update because you are now required to hold an item.
  • People would use the kit to run away constantly from every fight, attempting to wear out their opponent for long periods of time with the hope that they will choke and die on accident. In the past this was not as big of an issue as the bhopping because, if the fall damage was bigger than your current health you would die. It was also easier to hit gliders with a bow+arrow due to them being slower.

Part C - What went wrong and what was right:

• The issue with BHopping was completely solved because now you have to hold an item.
    However, The running away, People can now glider faster than ever before with less risk than ever. You never take any fall damage while holding the item and its near impossible to get hit with a bow while gliding.

Part D - How you can fix it

• Ive seen many people suggesting that armor would affect glider speed, this is a very good idea. We could make people take more fall damage and move slower depending on what armor they are wearing, ex: 0% fall damage with 0 armor, 80% with full iron 100% with full diamond. However the issue with this is that you can now open your inventory while gliding and as such, take off your armor mid glide.

• Another fix would be to undo the fall damage change and make the glider kit take fall damage if the damage is above your current health. This would be another quick and easy fix and would solve the problem immediately.

Part E - Your thoughts

• Please everybody work hard to come up with your own ideas for nerfs, we cant expect Fumaz to do everything. We can come up with ideas for him so that his job is easier. Please leave any suggestions in the replies below.

@Fumaz please read over this and let me know what you think.

3 Likes

You have sometimes used “glider” instead of “glide”, only one time did you use “glide”.
Glider changed to the better, please don’t try to change it AGAIN so soon.

You havent seen what it can do with the new “nerf” it did not change for the better. 0 fall damage no matter what? that does 2 things. A. Makes the feather kit completely useless and B. Makes the kit overpowered for everybody who uses it to run away because they cant play the game properly

Glider can no longer use the speed advantage while using a sword at the same time.

that was ONE of the issues which was fixed, you make it seem like you haven’t actually read my article. please do so

Another fix would be to undo the fall damage change and make the glider kit take fall damage if the damage is above your current health. This would be another quick and easy fix and would solve the problem immediately.

Players already die from fall damage if the fall damage is higher than their current health.
The fall damage is only cancelled if it’s not enough to kill them.

3 Likes

i didnt seem that way when the update first launched, the patch notes also suggested that glider took 0 fall damage

I believe you are referring to the old Glider, that didn’t fly twice as fast forward while forced to hold an item?

New glider doesn’t fall twice as fast forward while holding the item. And no, I’m referring to current glider. It still dies if the fall damage is too high.

Is there some turbulence in the higher-ups?

1 Like

That doesnt change that the issue of people running away for minutes on end still exists.