Sycorax's Build Team Application #2

IGN and past IGN’s:
Main Account: Sycorax / Luckaiii
Alt Account: dUCkKkcK

Timezone: GMT + 2, I live in Romania.

Discord username: Luckaiii#6133

How long have you played MunchyMC?: I first joined a few months ago, but I’ve known about it since October 2018.

Please link a portfolio of all your most recent build projects: I’m gonna link Old Builds and New Builds so you can see how I improved over time.

Old Builds (Pre 2020): Old Builds, by Sycorax (Pre 2020) - Album on Imgur
Old Landscaping / Terraforming (Not extremely proud of these, but whatever, Pre 2020): Old Landscaping / Terraforming (Pre 2020) - Album on Imgur

New Builds (Post 2020): New Builds (Post 2020) - Album on Imgur
Newer House - Sycorax - Album on Imgur (I will add more to these, but right now these are the only ones I have)
New Landscaping / Terraforming (Post 2020): New Landscaping / Terraforming (Post 2020) - Album on Imgur
The Mist of the Gods' Frosted Swamps - Album on Imgur

Please tell us more about your FAVOURITE and PROUDEST build: I’d say my favourite Build is probably the 5-house Village you can find in the ‘New Builds’ category. I also really like the ‘White Manor’ from Old Builds. If I also had to say my favourite terraforming project, it would be Messages from Space:

How experienced are you with World Edit, Voxel and other building plugins?: I’ve heard of a lot of them, but the only one I know how to use perfectly is World Edit, but I’m up to learn how to use any plugin.

Describe your build specialty and weaknesses (detailing, terraforming, structures, etc.): I’d say my weaknesses are Over-detailing sometimes, and I’m also not the best at trees. But I like to think I make nice houses sometimes. Also, I like to finish projects in one day for some reason, so I work as much as possible on my projects no matter the size of it. I’m ok with project taking more than one day, but if I’m able to finish a project in one day, I will do it.

What is your history of building? Which build teams and/or servers have you worked for in the past?
I have not been employed as a builder on any server, you can probably tell why from my Old Builds…
Thanks for reading <3 :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

+1 Really beautiful builds, and I think your terraforming is pretty nice too! Did a google search of some of your builds, none seem stolen, which is more than I can say for most build applications lately. Looks good! Best of luck :smile:

3 Likes

Aw, thank you! I was kinda scared that I’ll get accused of stealing because of the hand in the Old Builds category, because I don’t have that skin anymore, anyway, thanks!

1 Like

Very nice, love the way you made the fireballs. Landscape also looks great!

-goodluck

1 Like

Thanks a lot! :cowboy_hat_face:

+1
Very good builds and and landscapes! You seem like a very skilled builder and I’d love see your work on the server. Good luck!

1 Like

<3 Thank you!

1 Like

I just added a new build I made today, hope you guys like it!

1. The trees in your snow build look off, the terraforming is alright but the mixed coloring annoys me.

Good luck!

I’m guessing that you’re talking about the one that’s very white and has blue and purple? Yeah, I wasn’t very happy with it either, but decided to add it anyway. What do you think about my other things? Thanks though! :D

Kinda seems you go by the “I need a build for my portfolio, it can be small but whatever”. I would focus on larger structures and terrain. For your homes I would remove some detail as I personally do not like over detailed homes.

1 Like

A couple weeks ago I asked some people what they think about those houses. I’ve been told that I tend to over detail, and honestly I agree. Sometimes, to the point where you can’t tell what the build is. In the future I’ll definitely try to leave some of the detailing out. Idk, about the “I need a build for my portfolio, it can be small but whatever”, I usually just put in it whatever I made recently. I’ll try in the future to focus on larger structures and terraforming projects. Anyway, thanks sooo much about your honest reply and advice!

Hi Sycorax, I like your builds but I want more. I want to see completed builds featuring terrain and structure in a fully completed map.I need something that will make me say “wow this is cool” right now what i am seeing is what anyone can do. I’d try build something that will make you stand out :)

1 Like