Survival Season 4 Feedback Polls

Hey Munchies

I know this post contains a lot of polls so it will probably scare you away or you won’t be bothered to read it all or fill it out. However, these kinds of opinion polls are crucial for us in reflecting on what went well and what can be improved so that we can make the next season even better. Therefore, I strongly encourage you to vote on everything that you have an opinion on. Your voice will be heard and you will directly influence the development of season 5.

PS: You are also welcome to leave further feedback or suggestions for the next season in the comments. We will read all of them!

Season 4 Additions

This post is separated into a few categories of polls. Let us start by reflecting on the changes that season 4 brought!

Do you like the changes to the mall?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
Do you like the fly tokens?
  • Yes
  • No
  • I haven’t used them
0 voters
Do you like magic hoppers?
  • Yes
  • No
  • I haven’t used them
0 voters
Do you like the highways?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Indifferent
0 voters
Do you like the +++ rank
  • Yes
  • No
  • Indifferent
0 voters

Existing Features

What do you dislike about quests?
  • They are too tedious
  • They do not give enough rewards
  • I don’t care about the story
  • They are too difficult
  • Other
  • I don’t do quests
  • I love them
0 voters
What do you like about quests?
  • They give me something fun to do
  • They give nice rewards
  • The bosses
  • I don’t do quests
  • I don’t like them
0 voters
Do you use our server resource pack
  • Yes, always
  • Most times
  • Only sometimes / for special occasions
  • Never
0 voters
What do you like about MCMMO?
  • The abilities it gives
  • It makes the game mode interesting
  • The grinding
  • Other
  • I don’t use MCMMO
  • I don’t like it
0 voters
What do you dislike about MCMMO?
  • The abilities are too strong
  • The abilities are too weak
  • It changes the game too much
  • Other
  • I don’t use MCMMO
  • I like it
0 voters
Should we keep MCMMO
  • Yes, keep it as it is
  • Yes, but change it a little bit
  • Yes, but rework it majorly
  • No, remove it
0 voters
What do you like about the Community Events / Championship Hall?
  • I like big events where everyone participates!
  • I think the games are fun!
  • I like the unique rewards they give
  • Other
  • I don’t participate in them
  • I do not like them
0 voters
What do you dislike about the Community Events / Championship Hall?
  • There aren’t enough different games
  • The games that exist aren’t fun
  • The rewards are boring
  • They distract from the survival gameplay
  • Other
  • I love them!
0 voters
What do you like about the community mob events (e.g. wither spawn, dragon egg hunt)?
  • I like big events where everyone participates!
  • Fighting bosses is fun
  • I like the mob drops they give
  • Other
  • I don’t like them
0 voters
What do you dislike about community mob events?
  • They are unfair
  • They are too chaotic
  • There aren’t enough of them
  • Other
  • I love them!
0 voters
What do you like about ranked perks
  • Backpack and /ec
  • Chat colour and commands
  • Keepinv
  • Mobility like /fly and /carpet
  • Utility like /repair and /smelt
  • Other
  • I do not like them
0 voters
What do you dislike about ranked perks
  • /fly and /carpet are too restricted
  • I don’t like rainbowchat and/or bubblechat
  • The ranks are too expensive
  • There are not enough perks / they are too weak
  • They are overpowered
  • Other
  • I like ranked perks
0 voters

New Features

With the season 4 changes evaluated, we need to think about what season 5 could bring to the table. So let us talk about potential changes and whether you would like to see them come to survival!

Should we add custom items and enchantments that can be found outside of crates
  • Yes, but they should be weaker than crate items
  • Yes!
  • Indifferent
  • No, then crates would lose their value
  • No, I prefer vanilla gameplay over custom items
0 voters
Should we change the world generation?
  • Yes, I would like more / new (custom) biomes
  • Yes, I would love more / new (custom) structures
  • Yes, but only in the mining worlds
  • Yes, but only in the main world
  • Indifferent
  • No, I prefer the vanilla experience
0 voters
Should we add more custom mobs?
  • Yes, more custom pets
  • Yes, more custom bosses
  • Indifferent
  • No, I don’t like them
0 voters
Should we add custom mobs to the main world?
  • Yes, friendly mobs & animals
  • Yes, hostile mobs & mini bosses
  • Indifferent
  • No, I would like to be able to opt out of the resource pack
0 voters
Should there be more things to buy in the store?
  • Yes, but only cosmetic content
  • Yes, including gameplay content (items / power ups / etc)
  • Yes, replace crates with directly purchasable items and cosmetics
  • Indifferent
  • No, there are enough things to buy in the store
  • No, that sounds pay-to-win
0 voters
Should there be more things to spend your gold on?
  • Yes, but only cosmetic content
  • Yes, including gameplay content (items / power ups / etc)
  • Yes, including store content
  • Indifferent
  • No, there are enough things to do with my gold
  • No, I would rather save up gold for the leaderboards
0 voters

Economy

The economy is a hot topic. We have seen that again very recently when bastions and gold farms were nerfed. Please share your opinion on the state of the economy and about what we should change going into the next map.

Should mining be buffed?
  • Yes, please
  • No, keep it the same
  • No, nerf it
0 voters
Should gold farms be buffed?
  • Yes, please
  • No, keep them the same
  • No, nerf it
0 voters
Should there be gold in structures (such as bastions)?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

General Direction

The previous sections were about very specific aspects of survival. Let us now look at the bigger picture and the general vibe of the server.

What do you do or enjoy most on Survival currently?
  • Exploration
  • PvE
  • PvP
  • Building
  • Quests
  • Grinding Resources/Skills/Leaderboards
  • Managing my mall shop
  • Making map arts
0 voters
Which aspect of the game should be improved?
  • Exploration
  • PvE
  • PvP
  • Building
  • Quests
  • Grinding Resources/Skills/Leaderboards
0 voters

Ratings

Finally, we wrap up with various quick and fun ratings on all kinds of things.

How happy were you overall with the content this season?
0 voters
How happy were you overall with the management and staff communication this map?
0 voters
Which crate item(s) do you like the most
  • Custom Enchantments
  • Custom Pets
  • Disguises
  • Gadgets
  • Particles
  • Pets
0 voters
How balanced are ranked perms
  • Much too strong
  • A little too strong
  • Perfect
  • A little too weak
  • Much too weak
0 voters
How balanced are crate gadgets/enchantments
  • Much too strong
  • A little too strong
  • Perfect
  • A little too weak
  • Much too weak
0 voters
  • There are way too many polls in this post
  • :t_rex:
0 voters
23 Likes

W polls

2 Likes

I’m very happy with the updates, better performances, more content, more crates & gadgets etc. I definitely feel a lot more engagement and community feedback listenings, like our ideas are making it up to the team and are actually being acknowledged. Some things can be still improved but when it comes to please the community, it was very well done. :) Nice job. :heart:

7 Likes

W poll

2 Likes

Honestly, this season wasn’t bad, I like the polls put out every season to try to improve it or to improve for the next season.

4 Likes

This season isn’t over XD idk if your thinking it is but time suggests it.

1 Like

If gold does get added into structures in the future, PLZ NERF THEM A BIT!!! Or just buff mining or something :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Nerf it, if mining gets buffed more gold comes into the economy then that means more gold from mining thus inflating the economy

1 Like

I mean if everything gives more gold the effect cancels out

6 Likes

If it gives less then that mean people don’t make money as fast and that may lead to people not getting money faster when spending on valuable items from my perspective. But your probably right and I’ll believe you on this one cheater.

1 Like

Personally, I think quests need a major update. And I really wish that there was a way to have the economy not based on an item in games, such as gold, but something that you can’t obtain via mining AND you can’t also obtain via farms. I wish we had a central sell merchant that would buy items for a certain amount per each type of block based off the rarity, but only items that can’t be truly farmed.

So basically, if he buys dirt, he would give you one dollar for every stack of dirt, but if he buys it say diamonds, it would be like five dollars per every 10 diamonds or something. But something that you cannot get from an easy automatic farm so like no blaze rods, no crops, so that way nobody could just farm money.

4 Likes

I have been playing a bit of Invaded Lands’ survival and if that’s the kind of economy you are referring to, I don’t really think it suits Munchy.
No matter which trades that merchant will have, as long as it contains something farmable, even though there’s something worth more but is rarer, there will be people that will farm…

Plus, I’m just not a fan of those type of economy. To me, mining for ressources/gold makes more sense than giving tons of stuff to one dude and get money nobody knows where it comes from. :pensive:

Edit (personal take): Genuinely, I don’t think survival is facing an economy issue if it’s not the existence of gold farms that is still odd and I believe you felt it too, which is why you’d want to see an economy that does not rely on farms at all.

I have really been open minded to what it takes to make a gold farm and how it works, tested many and witnessed people using it, before some gold farmers come and tell me I’m misinformed…, but even with the nerf, I do not believe farms like that should even exist and it will be fun to see how people would actually grind without gold farms because the economy would really change if so.

Now gold farms killed means less options for people to make gold, only mining (regular & blast mining) and shops (including auctions etc because I don’t wanna categorise this way of making gold as it’s not as constant) would be left. And here, it would be great maybe to reconsider naturally generated structures with gold inside of it, and if it really is such a big deal because of bastions, make it so that not every bastion has gold in it.

2 Likes

i couldn’t agree more, the economy is just so much different and it doesn’t feel like a challenge anymore to get items with them being so cheap. some items last season were so much more then they are now. I just don’t think its much fun for people only having to mine to make a decent amount of gold.

also I like the open system of quests and you choosing the ones u want/dont want to do (season 3).

Overall, this season wasn’t that bad, the bosses were fun. i liked that

3 Likes

I agree with this statement.

Ok gang, so let’s start by all agreeing that a full functional gfarm makes more than mining or bastion raiding. If you don’t believe me do the math you dummy…

So now I’ll come up with quick solutions

1. keep gfarms as they are rn, get rid of all gold from structures, and keep mining as it is.

2. revert gfarms back, bring back all gold to structures, and buff mining.

3. keep gfarms as they are rn, only keep some gold in structures, and keep mining as it is.

Okay solutions done, let’s talk about the current state, shall we?

Some people might say that the economy is doing wonderful! But imo it’s just meh, making hella money and just being stupidly rich is what makes survival one of my favorite gamemodes ever!!! And seeing it almost impossible to make even 100k just feels truly depressing…

Edit: OMG SORRY FOR RESPONDING TO YOU CANDLE!!!

Edit 2: this was only made to help cure my boredom, don’t take it that seriously!!!

2 Likes

And bro claims to be a prison main

6 Likes

Shrug. If there’s a merchant that defines all prices, it isn’t really enjoyable as well in my opinion. Having somewhat control of the economy, fixing prices and seeing them rise and fall makes things interesting. :thinking:

I do get the point that mining isn’t fun for everyone, which is why some other ways to get gold should actually be thought of as that’s something people have been claiming. Bringing back structures with gold inside could be a glimpse of a solution because you don’t have to mine at all and it’s decent thanks to bastions.

Hell yeah. Thing is even on season 2, gold farms were not even this popular and people managed to get a good amount of gold. Mining was great (people might say busted) and there were many players which is also why having a successful mall shop was extremely worth it.

The newer seasons have less players, meaning that shops wouldn’t make as much as before and with the mining nerfs (100% double drop to 35%, efficiency 6 killed :pensive:), you are kinda restricted to blast mining so you’d need tnt aka sand and gunpowder.

4 Likes

Another wonderful post full of facts from my wonderful gf

1 Like

I get that, I think bringing back the old mining perks (100% DD and maybe bringing the eff 6 books back) would really help and people would actually enjoy mining and making money at the same time. The bastions were a good source since mining was terrible, nobody wanted to do it since it got nerfed so hard. It was also much easier to fly around and collect gold blocks.

3 Likes

She’s an adult…

2 Likes