Survival Restart

Hi there! I started three-ish days ago with two friends of mine. We’ve not had much issues with finding land out in less… favorable… areas (the jungle). Mobs are often out even in the daytime due to all of the shade provided there so it’s not very safe for newbies. I managed because of my friends working with me. We did run into other claims after about 2 hours of digging around underground though.

So I guess I have a few questions before I can really contribute to this thread:

*How much vertical ground does a claim cover?
*Is it possible to relinquish claims made by now-inactive users that haven’t played in x amount of days?
*Is it possible to make it a little easier to get out of spawn in a few more directions without the use of commands? (ie: a less confined spawn zone with clear ways in and out for those who want to wander until they find a nice spot)
*Do ores and such eventually regenerate? Can admins replenish natural resources? (If the world’s resources are running dry, that would be a definite yes on wiping the server for a fresh start. Though I’ve had no issues personally, I can see where this would become an issue with claims tossed in the mix.) If either of the aforementioned are possible, maybe players shouldn’t be able to claim beyond a certain depth to avoid a handful of players hoarding known resource locations, etc…) I understand that doctoring the land is likely not possible to do so I’m definitely okay with the idea of a server wipe. This server reminds me of Eco a bit, and Eco worlds eventually run out of resources and must be refreshed/regenerated in the same way.

Another suggestion is maybe to do away with the ‘5 points for the first person to say welcome’. I see some players respond super quickly with amazing accuracy consistently. I’m not calling hax or anything because that’s not my concern; 5 claim points for every initial sign in adds up rather fast. There are times when 2-3 people sign in for the first time within the same minute/(even ten seconds). New players join frequently enough that this could be an snowballing issue where the same few players are amassing ginormous amounts of claims and overtaking more map than any person would need. I see it this way: you want new players to join and have space, yet you are rewarding existing players with more space every time a new person joins. Seems a tad counterproductive, no?

Also, just as a side note, I can’t help but feel a little disheartened when I ‘lose’ at saying welcome first. I stopped trying if I am being honest, because some players are almost as fast as the ‘5 points’ notification when the person signs in. I just say ‘hi’ or ‘welcome’ now and try to remember that welcoming players is a generally nice thing to do and is not a contest. I’m sure new players would feel a little more welcomed if they were greeted without the understanding that other players are saying hello strategically for the rewards, too. Most times a new player is so engrossed with the beginner area and text there to even notice the community greetings anyway.

I am curious as well if there is a claim-point max cap (per player) in effect. If so then please disregard the ramblings about the claim rewards! ^ v ^ A max cap could make it a lot easier if this is not already a thing. I think that maxing players out on claims could help you better visualize space per player (averaged by playtime maybe?) so that you can better guesstimate when a world will need resetting in the future.

All in all, I really enjoy the server. I appreciate the survival option as pvp is not my forte! This has been my first survival experience in Minecraft so far and I’m really enjoying myself.

Happy Holidays!
xx

4 Likes