Survival Restart

The Survival Gamemode came about a couple of months back. To this current day, Survival could really do with a map wipe with all player stats removed, and the custom built spawn can stay the same. I know there will be mixed opinions about this idea, so let me know what you think.
This should happen because since Skeppy fans just came to the server about a month ago, a large majority of the map in Survival was already taken, and they can’t really enjoy the server anymore, especially with the “You can’t claim a plot here because someone is too close here” thing.

5 Likes

There’s still plenty of land, those who are having that issue are just not looking hard enough. I believe we will announce a revamp once we are able to implement 1.13 aspects to our Survival server. Survival has also been rather active as of late (10 or so people at peak time).

2 Likes

Sure, but it would be nice for them to have a fresh start, since we are having so many new people at a time.

3 Likes

Oh, I agree with you :smile_cat: a restart would definitely kickstart the server for a good while.

4 Likes

I agree!

3 Likes

I definitely urge this! There may still be some land left but almost everywhere I go I see something. I would love a server reset where I could make my own place somewhere where I like. And more people would definitely play it.

3 Likes

I totally agree with this. I used to play survival and I stopped because no one was every on. There weren’t any updates to fix bugs or anything.

4 Likes

I would only agree to this if they made the map a lot bigger and reduced the radius in which you can claim land away from others’ claims. HOWEVER, if they did reset it, I would not like them to reset it for another like, 1 or 2 years.

3 Likes

Yeah, I plan to join survival when it wipes :slight_smile:

1 Like

If it were to be wiped would there be a way for us to keep our stuff? Cause I’ve spent a countless amount of hours building for me and others while also building up my stuff, it’s kinda suck to just lose all my or others progress… I mean a boarder expansion would be cooler.

2 Likes

Yeah it needs a whipe.

1 Like

Hi there! I started three-ish days ago with two friends of mine. We’ve not had much issues with finding land out in less… favorable… areas (the jungle). Mobs are often out even in the daytime due to all of the shade provided there so it’s not very safe for newbies. I managed because of my friends working with me. We did run into other claims after about 2 hours of digging around underground though.

So I guess I have a few questions before I can really contribute to this thread:

*How much vertical ground does a claim cover?
*Is it possible to relinquish claims made by now-inactive users that haven’t played in x amount of days?
*Is it possible to make it a little easier to get out of spawn in a few more directions without the use of commands? (ie: a less confined spawn zone with clear ways in and out for those who want to wander until they find a nice spot)
*Do ores and such eventually regenerate? Can admins replenish natural resources? (If the world’s resources are running dry, that would be a definite yes on wiping the server for a fresh start. Though I’ve had no issues personally, I can see where this would become an issue with claims tossed in the mix.) If either of the aforementioned are possible, maybe players shouldn’t be able to claim beyond a certain depth to avoid a handful of players hoarding known resource locations, etc…) I understand that doctoring the land is likely not possible to do so I’m definitely okay with the idea of a server wipe. This server reminds me of Eco a bit, and Eco worlds eventually run out of resources and must be refreshed/regenerated in the same way.

Another suggestion is maybe to do away with the ‘5 points for the first person to say welcome’. I see some players respond super quickly with amazing accuracy consistently. I’m not calling hax or anything because that’s not my concern; 5 claim points for every initial sign in adds up rather fast. There are times when 2-3 people sign in for the first time within the same minute/(even ten seconds). New players join frequently enough that this could be an snowballing issue where the same few players are amassing ginormous amounts of claims and overtaking more map than any person would need. I see it this way: you want new players to join and have space, yet you are rewarding existing players with more space every time a new person joins. Seems a tad counterproductive, no?

Also, just as a side note, I can’t help but feel a little disheartened when I ‘lose’ at saying welcome first. I stopped trying if I am being honest, because some players are almost as fast as the ‘5 points’ notification when the person signs in. I just say ‘hi’ or ‘welcome’ now and try to remember that welcoming players is a generally nice thing to do and is not a contest. I’m sure new players would feel a little more welcomed if they were greeted without the understanding that other players are saying hello strategically for the rewards, too. Most times a new player is so engrossed with the beginner area and text there to even notice the community greetings anyway.

I am curious as well if there is a claim-point max cap (per player) in effect. If so then please disregard the ramblings about the claim rewards! ^ v ^ A max cap could make it a lot easier if this is not already a thing. I think that maxing players out on claims could help you better visualize space per player (averaged by playtime maybe?) so that you can better guesstimate when a world will need resetting in the future.

All in all, I really enjoy the server. I appreciate the survival option as pvp is not my forte! This has been my first survival experience in Minecraft so far and I’m really enjoying myself.

Happy Holidays!
xx

4 Likes

Hey @Sesaline, I am happy to hear you’ve been enjoying your time here. To answer your questions:

All of it :smile_cat: to put it simply, bedrock to sky.

Unfortunately not. It wouldn’t be fair if that said inactive user logged in again to find all of their possessions gone.

We recommend the use of /rtp as the easiest means of getting out of spawn and finding a nice spot. If you were to walk out of spawn it’d be harder to find a spot considering the hundreds of blocks you have to walk away from spawn to find claimable area, and at that point, most of that frontal area is already gone, so it’s better to randomly teleport with the use of /rtp for the purpose of finding your own area.

The world simply doesn’t run out of resources :smile_cat: this is not an issue, there is an almost unlimited amount of resource to go around.

I do agree with this, as it gives a false sense of welcoming a new player when in reality players are only saying it for the claim blocks. Good point.

I…don’t know :smile_cat: but I highly doubt a considerable problem will ever arise where a player has so much claimed land that it’s becoming a problem.

One of our biggest benefits of creating our Survival server was to cater to those who aren’t so adapt at our PvP modes. We hope you continue to enjoy the server! Feel free to speak up about any change or suggestions you think should be done.

As for a restart, I can only say “soon”. We can be glad that at some point, a reset WILL happen :smile_cat:

Thanks for answering my questions! In my post I am mostly listing off potential problems new users may run into when starting, such as finding an uninterrupted space to claim (since that seems to be the main concern in the op: “a large majority of the map in Survival was already taken, and they can’t really enjoy the server anymore, especially with the “You can’t claim a plot here because someone is too close here” thing.”). I haven’t had that issue at all personally but I have seen others mention it. If there was some way to visualize on a detailed map of sorts which grids are claimed, it could help. Maybe some kind of interactive browser map on the website? I can’t really think of any downsides if this is doable since, as you said, unclaimed land is free for all until claimed. If this isn’t feasible, I’m not worried about it as the map feels massive and even as a late joiner I’ve found ample space to work with in several different areas.

My friends and I each started out with an idea to specialize in our own ‘profession’, thus we don’t have a space issue since we are not all trying to be masters of everything separately. I assumed that trade/shops would be a key driving point for limiting player progression to a degree so that individual players feel a little more pressure to build an economy dependently of one another. Again, no idea how this would would be set up and I’m not sure if you were going for this to begin with so it’s just a preemptive assumption I made upon joining. Since my buddies and I share claims and items, it’s easy enough for me to pick up other trades anyway which would give us a hefty advantage over a lone player (then again 3 players working together vs a solo player makes sense this way). We would be far more self sufficient than a single player with no aid aside from random community members.

Before you clarified the claim range I could see where some may feel they have space issues… but as you can claim an entire 100 columns of the world with free block claims, I now completely disagree. My friend and I built an underground ranching enclosure complete with grass blocks (used the stair method), an automated farming field below that, and still have plans for more in the works (horses, mob management, etc). Now that I can properly visualize our claims as more of a vertical hotel of sorts leading above or below ground I feel safe in saying that we couldn’t possibly have any dire space issues aside from maybe wanting more protected houses/enclosures ‘for show’ above ground. By the time we finish up the main ‘business’ area we would have much to spare for these kinds of things anyway. Resources being near infinite further solidifies my stand on this and I think the way you guys have it set up is really cool. My friends are impressed with the level of security on this server and we can log out knowing that things will remain as is until our next login. :blush:

Also just to reiterate: I have no qualms with how claims are given out (or anything on this server so far for that matter). The nature of op’s post implied that there is a dire enough space issue for newcomers to result in a total wipe so I went with that. However much one person wants to actively gain is of no concern to me if the server functions fine as is :sunglasses:. My goal here was to toss around some thoughts for topic-related discussion purposes only.

Thanks again for your reply! My friends and I are looking forward to a fresh server free for all in the future! \o/

Edit: Not gonna lie I merely glanced at op’s name and thought they were the server owner, orz;; Was worried a wipe was imminent based on limited world resources. Was really confused when you had different things to say about the world T v T /phew

no i have just started a massive project with my friend it would be a massive waste to just wipe the map and besides i think it is fun to see all sorts of amazing builds that people have created.

Try not to post on topics more than 2 weeks old.