Survival Proximity Chat

Hello everyone!

I believe that everyone knows about simple voice proximity chat. It’s a mod that allows you to directly speak with people in-game. This feature also exists on your favorite clients as a compatible mod and really thrives when it comes to interactions within people of the community.

This poll is to gather feedback and opinions about if you’d want to see this feature possibly added on MunchyMC Survival. Feel free to also reply with an answer about why you’d want proximity chat on munchy and why you wouldn’t!

The proximity chat is a plugin to clarify for those who don’t know.

Proximity Chat Voting Poll
  • Yes, I have used proximity vc and want it on Munchy
  • I would try out proximity vc if it was added
  • No, I don’t want proximity voice chat added
0 voters

Do not forget, the proximity chat would not be a requirement to use and optional.

15 Likes

Skep kept me awake till 3 am.

2 Likes

YESSS ADD THISS

An error occurred: Body seems unclear, is it a complete sentence?

3 Likes

this guy is too good!

2 Likes

bros emphasizing his words like Greg Heffley :sob:

IMG_6858

Anyways I really don’t see the use of this, ik it can be fun for interactions but i doubt a lot of the player base of survival even knows how to install a mod, much less use one :skull: but ig it’s cool, could be annoying and especially if someone starts to play a soundboard or something while you’re tabbed out idk.

2 Likes

Yea I probably won’t try it if it comes with having to download more stuff. But it sounds like it may just be a plug-in so if that’s the case I might give it a go.

3 Likes

If it’s simple enough maybe I’ll try it

2 Likes

bro did a full 360

2 Likes

He wouldn’t shut up in our DMs and was leaving a pool equal to the size of loot lake of drool

(He made some decent points and I’m slightly more convinced now, I still ain’t for it but I ain’t against it so Im just voting for it for everyone else.)

3 Likes

That’s what I changed my mind from a solid “no” to.

3 Likes

haha fair enough

4 Likes

I guess when I really consider all the benefits that this plugin would bring to the table, there’s no real reason not to at least try it out. Could be cool

2 Likes

I changed my mind again fr :skull: ppl can just use laby or feather I feel like it’s too dangerous for people who are younger or more innocent- sorry lmao :sob:

3 Likes

Yesss please, there are so many options there and the ineractions make the game experience much more fun. It has private vc grps to anyone worried about having an open to all voice chat and you can always mute people there.

3 Likes

It’s a -1 from me. I think it’s great fun for a youtube smp server, or maybe on a medium sized private server. But I don’t think it’s suitable for us. We’ve always tried to be as vanilla as possible, avoiding locking content behind download walls. Even if that barrier is as low as requiring Optifine for custom pets.
Further, all 3rd party plugins have the potential to slow down the development process. Whenever Minecraft has an update, we need to either wait a few days for the plugin to update, or update it ourself in order to play on the newest version. For a survival server that’s a big deal breaker.
Lastly, we cannot possibly moderate a proximity based voice chat in game. The same rules would have to apply as they do in text chat, but it would be too easy to get around them by using proximity vc.

Try some of the mods that dont run on the server instead. They come with all the benefits but none of the issues.

18 Likes

oh perfect we can add it then :grinning: :+1:

7 Likes

If ur worried about it being dangerous you can just turn it off, also with feather or laby some people can’t run it without crashing constantly :p

1 Like

add it on all servers, not just surv

1 Like

Here’s my main issue with this, ik that people can switch it off and it’s optional but that doesn’t mean trolling won’t happen. I know it’s cool and fun with friends and all and ofc you can set up a private party but if you just have proximity chat set to everyone things like soundboards and nsfw audios people could use to troll others and since normal people don’t record everything they do and this isn’t that manageable not a lot could be done.

I think it would be cool with friends and this is a fun idea but the point above is a big drawback to all of this.

2 Likes

While I like voice chat in some games I play, I don’t think it works well for Minecraft overall. Keeping it appropriate and safe for users is a hassle. Proximity voice chat is worse for that than even global chat.
I’m not a fan of mods that you have to download on a majority non modded server (clientside is a different story) either. I think it tends to push players away if they have to download something to use a feature on server, also considering some people aren’t able to download those things either.

5 Likes