Survival Moving Forward

Hey all,

Normally I wouldn’t be posting on the forums but I would like to see if I could get some answers sorted out. So a few weeks ago there was talk about a survival server reset and update. This would wipe the entire server to a clean slate and adding in more things like a possible pvp arena and other things. Since this talk there has been nothing except people temporarily/permanently leaving. Players don’t want to play right now because they don’t want the work they’re doing right now to be wiped in just a few days. I know of a good number of players who have said “If the map resets I quit”. Because they don’t want to lose the progress on builds that they have made.

I said this on discord “My opinion is possibly add new stuff but keep current builds and such. Many current players may quit at a server reset because of how far everyone has come. I understand that this would be hard and that 1.14 may break, corrupt, and change the current world but player base would drop exponentially without keeping builds. I would definitely stick around even if the server and map did reset but you have to do what’s best for the majority. The biggest detail again is builds. People have has such a long time for progress on their builds and so if there was a way for builds to be kept that would help keep current players active.”

If the server and map were reset and builds were lost you would see a greater drop in players and I think it would take a while for the player base to rise back up at all/if any.

Thanks for reading through this, please feel free to put your opinions down below because I’m sure staff would love to read them. As far as what I’m asking of staff is: When can we hear a rough or possibly a final plan for survival in the near future?

Thanks again.

3 Likes

Hey ixDerp, I don’t think we’ve met before, but it’s nice to make your acquaintance.

Here’s the current situation (don’t quote me on this as it’s subject to change):
Currently, survival is at a weird place, let me explain. There are many dedicated members of the survival community, and with so much progress being made by players who have poured hours of their free time into the map, it is reasonable for them to dislike the idea of change.
That being said, there’s another portion to survival. Currently (and this is speaking from experience), the gap between new players and those who are veterans is wide and intimidating. Furthermore, a lack of an “end goal” (pun intended) deters people who want to join and follow in the excitement of survival.

Recently I’ve talked to @Emstarrs about finding a middle ground. I thought maybe creating a “museum” type of world, if they did reset the map, could possibly satisfy people’s problems. The way I imagine this working, would be as follows:
Anyone on the survival server can submit their survival creation to be voted on. 15-20 builds would be selected by votes to be placed in this museum. Then, the winner’s builds would be placed on a new world on the survival server so their builds aren’t lost forever, but instead can be forever engraved in the server’s history. Of course, for this to even happen the survival server as a whole would have to approve of this.

As a final note to this post, for everyone on survival right now, plans for a reset are currently not in motion, and will never be set into motion until a solution that could please both sides is found. Finally, any reset that could potentially happen in the future would be made clear to the players a significant amount of time before it’s implementation.

3 Likes

most of the people who say that they will leave wont really leave they just want their progress but I think that a reset would be a great idea, new players will join survival (including me) I don’t really enjoy the survival server now because I feel like everyone has lots of stuff and I don’t have anything
every place has been explored and I can’t find good gear and A reset will be great for me and for new players

1 Like

I do not think we have met, but it is nice to meet you! I do really like the idea of creating this “museum” type of world. However the one question I have is how will this vote take place because I feel like some players may try to just vote for their own builds to try and only save themselves instead of voting for the players who have poured 10’s if not 100’s of hours into their builds. Just something to think about. But again I am in complete support of this idea as long as the “voting session” if you will is fair and not able to be rigged in any way.

The solution is more than simple;
Expand the world and make a pvp area if needed.

2 Likes

Totally agree

1 Like

Even though it was intimidating to join at first. When joining the survival community was really nice helping me out and was able to build my house in my first 4 days. If you want to play join and try it out! I at first thought that a reset was a good idea but I now have a different opinion.
Well said @ixDerp!

1 Like

u said exactly what has been on my mind, hope this can be cleared up :slight_smile:

1 Like

I dislike the idea of a wipe. I have spent 100’s of hours into my build. Why should I care about building on munchy when there is going to be a wipe every update or every other update. I dislike the thought of my build being wiped if an update comes out

2 Likes

So i played with this thoguht a bit and i think i can explain what i think about the situation.

The Gab
So when i joined survival like 6 months ago, the server was updatet to 1.13.2 after 1-2months of playing (thats my feeling). the map doenst got a reset, older builds was still there and an expansion was added from 3k to 5k blocks. Now we have 8kx8k blocks, but most of them are discorverd and lootet if the people saw them. Besindes older builds that people left (including me) there was a rule that noone was allowed to break it. So older builds wouldnt be claimed in the first place because of this rule, which decreases slightly the place to claim or build. If we compare the new players vs the veterans its like poor vs rich people, the gab is massive and cant get closed without a reset.
1/0 R/NR (Reset/No Reset)

Builds
What was already was writen down is the builds, when i go around the server, tp to people and see there builds its just stunning. The work people gave into the server with making it more attractive to go around and explore. Im honest i wouldnt want that to lose.
1/1 R/NR

World and Items:
While i write this im nearly done with a video explaining everything new for 1.14 and its massiv in my opinion. A lot of new stuff and structures are added and i would really like it to see it in a new way. With a lot more interactions and stuff we can explore/find i think a reset would be a good thing. Besides i think if we could get a map we could mark it where which version generated which terrain^^ Kinda feels like a bad movie about discrimination.
2/1 R/NR

Stats, Gold and Claimblocks
If im really honest if i had to choose my build or my stats, i would take my stats^^ The thing is back when pigmen dropped gold, ++ was very atractiv for people who wants to be nr 1 of /baltop. I brought ++ actually only to get use of it to, since some people used it, but wasnt overdoing it. i think i was maybe the first of 5 people who went nuts, but i had the plan to get so much gold and give it to all people so gold is nothing worth (yeah dumb idea ik) but i changed it and used them for claim blocks instead.

Now i have to seperate this from the topic because i think its very important for both adins and players. For this i make a szenario so you can follow me.
Person a brought 20k claimblocks over the munchymc store. so its his personal “item” you could say, which isnt allowed to be taken away from the player. If the server resets everything, Person A could ( atleast in my country) go to the judge and it wouldnt end well for the server.
Thats maybe the reason why i only see special sized claims on the servers who speak my main language. Reminder: I dont want to encourage anyone i only want to share what i have witnessed.
Removes the gab + same rights for everyone / law could get in
3/2 R/NR

And now to my personal thing why i would give the reset a point again, the clans that keeps being active or the friends you played with can start together as one unit. I see that some people see **my ** builds, my stats, my my my. I think we maybe focus to much on us and dont think about new players or new possible friends we could make once the gab is removed from the server. I know i dont want to lose my builds too but if im honest, i can still rebuild them. Maybe im just dumb but the idea with a museum on old builds is very nice. maybe we could even make it possible, if they are not finisd, that you can still work on them but cant take stuff out of the world. maybe a one side gate?

These are my thoughts so far and please dont feel offended, i just sharing my thoughts like you :slight_smile:

and now back to the weather :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m with you Derp! I’ve worked my butt off on survival and I would never even like the thought of survival being cleared out. People (including me) have spent hours upon hours on their bases/farms/redstone creations and more, it would be really sad to see all of that progress wiped. I think we should and deserve a major update on survival but not with the world being reset, but maybe with the world border being extended? Anyway that is just my opinion, let’s see how other people feel about it.

1 Like

so…

I guess that 64x64 hole of mine will NEVER be finished… but that museum idea is cool though.

1 Like

Solution: Copy Minecraft.de’s world network of it’s alpha world, beta/full release world and current 1.13 world.
Players can still build in the older worlds, but can’t bring resources with them.

Hey all,

Thanks for making your opinions known! Just wanted to say keep it up! If you play with friends that have an opinion but haven’t said anything go ask them to make a post on here! I am going to be stepping away from the server until Sunday because I am avoiding Avengers Endgame spoilers. As I have now been told 2 different ones. See you on Sunday/Monday whenever I come on.