Survival Golem Infestations

So… a LOT of iron golems are spawning around my villagers — sometimes literally hundreds — and I know that at least some other players are having the same issue. Is this a bug known to staff yet?

4 Likes

I dont know.

1 Like

Pretty sure thats how golems work
Try breaking every single bed in your “village”

1 Like

The only way I can think to stop Iron Golems from spawning, is removing hostile mobs in the perimeter of where the villagers are, and light up the area to light level 8 or higher. Even if you turn off mob spawning, be wary of areas outside the claim if the villagers are near to the edge. For villagers to consider a place a villager, post 1.14, it depends on the amount of beds. Villager mechanics are hard to explain, so here is a screenshot from the wiki about it:

Screenshot taken from minecraft.fandom.com

Basically, make all the spawning requirements unable to happen, and your issue should be fixed, I assume. If it isn’t resolved, I don’t know how else to do so. Regardless, hope I was helpful!

:heart:

3 Likes

free iron!!!

3 Likes

Thanks, that is helpful. Villager mechanics are super sophisticated!

Still, there are way more than there were before, including in ponds, on roofs, basically everywhere, and so many that the villagers could no longer move around at all. I was guessing it was something to do with forgetting to put light sources up due to night vision use :D, but my friend who has a very well lit village is having the same issue.

I’ll see what I can do by making new houses for my villagers and making sure they are very well lit :).

2 Likes

Put string on the floor

1 Like

String shouldn’t be able to work in this case. Iron golems can spawn on slabs, carpets, and fences. Alongside 1 block deep water. I would go in more depth to explain why this is possible, but it is very complicated. Very confusing if I am to add. Here is a link to elaborate: Iron Golem – Official Minecraft Wiki

1 Like

consider taking advantage

1 Like