Survival Gold Information and Usage

:survival: Survival Gold Information and Usage :survival:

Gold is a very important resource for the Survival community. It is the main currency of the gamemode and has various uses/ways to earn them. This post was created to help the reader understand the importance of gold by showing its uses and ways to earn it!

Table of Contents:

• Ways to Earn Gold
  • Uses of Gold
  • Handling Your Gold

Ways to Earn Gold

There are many ways to earn gold! The main ways include:

Mining Gold: Mining gold is the most common way of earning gold for Survival! When mining, you will find many gold ores over time. When you smelt your gold into golden ingots, you’ll be able to /deposit the gold. Do not x-ray for gold, or you will be banned.

The amount of gold you earn depends on where you are mining. For example, the Mining World spawns in 30% more ores, and the Badlands Biome has lots of gold, too!

Selling Items: This is another common way of earning gold, and there are various ways to do so! Click on the spoiler to see how!

Summary

Selling Items via the Auction: When you put items in the auction, all players will be able to see your items and will have access to bid on them. If the item is useful or if the player wants it, they will be able to bid on their items.

To put an item on auction, make sure nothing is on, then:

1. Make sure you are holding your item
  2. Type the command /auc [amount] [increment]
  3. Confirm your auction

If players bid on the auction, you will receive gold based on how much they bid.

Selling Items via the Mall: Another way to earn gold is to sell items in the mall! When doing the command /warp mall, you will be able to rent any open shop for two weeks. After two weeks, you must have enough to renew the shop, or you will lose it! Players will be able to purchase your items in the mall.

Here is how you set up a chest to sell (information from here under “The Mall”):

Warp Totem Shops (and other outside shops): This is a way of externally selling items without the auction or mall.

Earning Gold From Players/Events: Players can pay you gold in-game if they wish or must. With the command /pay [player] [amount] you will earn the amount of gold the player gave to you. This is helpful for trades and such.

Additionally, some player-hosted events will get you a reward of gold!

Crates: You can also earn gold from crates! There will always be a chance that you will receive some gold when you open a crate. Crates are currently purchased from the store if you are ever interested.

The Uses of Gold

Not only are there many ways of earning gold, but there are also many ways of using it!

Purchasing Items from the Mall: If you ever need a certain item, then if you have enough gold, you will be able to purchase the item at the mall.

Maintaining a Shop: If you’ve rented an open shop in the mall, you will be required to pay gold to maintain it in two weeks. You will be required to pay 100 gold if you want to keep your shop.

• If you are not interested, use the command /mall remove [shop#].
  • Failure to do so will result in losing the shop.

Bidding on Auctions: When a player creates an auction, all players with enough gold will be able to do the command /bid [number]. With this, if you have the greatest amount, you will lose the gold but earn the item.

Paying Players Gold: Another way of using gold is paying players with the gold. The feature /pay is incredibly helpful for trades and deals. If you ever want to give a player some of your gold, you can use the command /pay [player] [amount] to pay players gold. This could be because you commissioned them to do something, or you like them and just want to be nice.

Something that this could be used for is IRL deals, where someone purchases an item in the store, in exchange for gold. You can /pay them your gold, especially since it will be a large amount.

Commissions: If you wish, you can commission a player to build a map art, help you with a project, et cetera. You can /pay them with your gold when they do it for you!

Handling Your Gold

When you have gold or gold ores with you, it would be a good idea to use the methods of handling it, which includes adding gold to your balance.

Some ways include:

• /deposit [amount]: This command will deposit the number of gold ingots into your balance. If you wish to deposit all of your gold, you can do the command /deposit all.

• /withdraw [amount]: This command will take god out of your balance and will end up converting it to gold ingots.

• /pay [player] [amount]: This command will remove an amount of gold from your balance and it will be given to the player that you pay.

These are basic ways players can manage their gold, and they will be helpful in multiple situations.

Thanks for reading! Credit to @toccataski for assisting me!

24 Likes

I dont play survival, but if its Vurm’s post its gotta be good.

5 Likes

Great guide!
Now I have a post I can link when people ask “How do I get gold” :sunglasses:

3 Likes

This is a very detailed post! Great job @Vurm and @toccataski!

4 Likes

+1 active

1 Like

Pog now iMa just copy and paste this whenever peeps need it

2 Likes

Yayy good job guys :))

1 Like

bro how long does it take for u to make these.
EDIT: also very informative thank you

1 Like

You say you dont need to, but you cannot. if you put a $ it will not work

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll fix it right now! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Heyy finally a post I can recommend to new players trying to understand the economy! :DD
There’s just oneeee thing I gotta say,

Just typing the command /mall remove will not work, it needs to be /mall remove [shop#]
Other than that this post is gonna be useful :relieved:

1 Like

Fixed! Thanks!

i have a question. why do people pay so much more gold for gold ore? many people pay 94 gold for a stack of gold ore

1 Like

There’s an mcmmo ability called double smelt which gives a chance to get 2 gold ingots by smelting 1 gold ore. It maxes out at 50% chance, meaning from a stack of gold ore, you can get 96 gold ingots.

3 Likes

oh okay thanks

2 Likes