Survival Events

Hello everyone! I am posting about events. There are many in prison or kit pvp. But what about survival? There is the wither, but I hope to explain why we need MORE events, some events we maybe should have, and why this current event does not work.

Now then, let’s talk about the wither. The wither is a event, at coordinates about 500 blocks from spawn, the wither spawns every now and again. The first problem for this is that it is very hard to get there. Let’s say you are a beginner player, no elytra or transportation method. They have a base at… 3000 blocks out because they used /rtp. If they want to fight the wither, they have to travel 2500 blocks just to reach it. And it would despawn by the time they would reach the location. Now what do the experienced players have to say about this? I asked some of them and they say that they already have plenty of nether stars and the wither is not really fun or worth it.

They already have nether stars and a ton of beacons. So if that is why the current event does not work, why do we need more events?

Simple, the community needs to interact with each other. Now we have things such as HaloVille or other things where people form a community, but all we do is build and work. Would it not be fun to include some events where you PLAY things? Not only that, it would increase the amount of survival players. And we should not have you have to go there, there should be a warp or a text that appears that you have to click.

What events should we have… Well this might sound crazy, but what if the PLAYERS created the events? There could be a lot of things that might go wrong, but what if they had some sort of event claim, they would have to get in confirmed by a admin, and then the player who created it can host it whenever they want. They would have to pay… Lets say 10 gold. The game would provide the award. The game chooses winner by reaching a certain block. The game can not be changed once confirmed by a admin. This would make a lot of creativity, such as using redstone. Of course there would still be normal events that are already there, those would be events added by the developers that anyone can host. (Leave some ideas for them down below!)

That is why I know that we need more events, and the current one is not working. Thanks for reading! <3

1 Like

+1
I think this might get me to play survival more than im doing currently

1 Like

+1
Even if survival is “debatably” the most fun gamemode on munchy, I still think it needs events to be hosted.

1 Like

I once posted with a random list of survival event ideas and couldn’t agree more. We could have some fun random warp events. Maybe even global survival effects that players can activate with tokens/gold/claim blocks. If tokens will be used, we’re going to need more means to earn them in survival as well.

In KitPVP you can start an event for free as Legend rank. VIP++ could do the same at no cost every x minutes. It could be anything from a harmless minigame to a global boost in some stat (like fortune/regen/haste).

I also believe the mall could use some NPC kiosks (on the first floor in the middle) with fun things for sale there! If their inventory rotated weekly it could add a little more interest as well for players to come see what’s for sale that week. Some things I would want added in there are special tools, livestock/villager spawn eggs, beacon upgrades for better range or effects, and possibly even cosmetics or particles. Things to play around with really beyond the scope of vanilla survival which will also double as a gold sink for the server. I’d love to see more high-end items for players who want to push limits and get competitive with their progression! Everyone wants something to aim for.

All in all I think the server is great right now even if it could use a little more oomph to keep players interested once they are done claiming their 300 blocks of land and building their base. If you have any event ideas please share them in detail-- get the conversation going so we can all bounce ideas around ^^

2 Likes

Not trying to Necro post but seems as though some ideas here could be used as event things get rolling.

I really like the idea of some sort of event claim where maybe the owner can even toggle block breaking so they can play without destroying their claim.

The global effect would be awesome as well definitely something to look into doing.

And player based wither spawing as the going rate for a beacon/star is around 5-600 have the event cost 3-400.

I’m happy to say that there are a lot of event-related projects on survival already in the works behind the scenes! Without going into much detail, expect cool things to come in the coming months! :smiley:

Of course, to keep the conversation flowing and to keep survival member’s input in mind, if anyone has suggestions or ideas we’d love to hear them!

1 Like

Ya know since it’s already back from the dead lol.

But u can’t wait to see what’s to come!

That would be minecraft dot de’s claim system, a selected area inside a claim that can be set to public or other things separate, but can not exist outside a claim.
Note: minecraft dot de is gone since summer 2018.