Suggestion for staff apps

My suggestion would be to add a question in the staff guidelines for applying that asks you for “Previous Experience” as a staff member so when player’s apply you can determine If they are qualified for the position considering having previous experience as a staff member is a very good thing that management should take into consideration before giving staff to someone who has no experience.

1 Like

It does already ask for what your knowledge of moderating a community and catching hackers is like. Would this question really be necessary?

2 Likes

I completely understand where you’re coming from I just feel like they should be more specific or have a specific section/question to put the server you staffed on, the rank you achieved, whether you were demoted or resigned, proof of experience, ect.

This is just my opinion, I understand If you and other players on the network feel differently. Thank you for taking the time to go over my suggestion and giving me your honest opinion on it.

I mean it would make sense but I’m honestly glad they don’t ask for proof. A few years ago I tried getting staff on a server and they asked for proof, which I couldn’t give them due to my house burning down and not having the screenshots. It would be nice to add a specific question like that, but if they add that, they shouldn’t make it so you have to deliver proof :D

Yeah, I have a couple servers from a while ago that I don’t have proof for anymore so I would just say If you don’t have proof explain why you don’t, for example: resetting pc, new computer, ect.

Thanks for the feedback! :D

1 Like

This used to be a question, but it was later removed. I personally liked the questions this season because instead of asking very specific questions that might make players feel intimidated or unsure where to start(describe your past moderating experience, what’s something that makes you stand out from the other applicants, what’s your anti cheat experience, what languages do you speak) they instead ask more general, open ended questions that allow applicants to use their creativity to make themselves stand out, without needing to confirm to stricter guidelines.

2 Likes

Remember that the interview asks more specific questions than just the written application though!!

1 Like

Interviews contain more questions about knowledge I assume so I really feel like it isnt neccessary to add a similar question.

Just include it in the ‘Rate your moderation skills out of 10’ question

The written application was simplified to just be a general overview of an applicant. The interview is where we go into detail about experience and much more. Hope this helps :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes