Stop Making Off-Topic Posts

(Note, this is just my opinion and something I wanted to discuss)
Hi, just wanted to talk about the current state of the forums.
The forums have been completely flooded with meaningless off-topic posts recently, and there has been 0 constructive or useful discussion about Munchy at all.
The forums are not a chat forum, and if you want to talk about off-topic stuff why not just use Discord? Every single actual post made within the last month has been buried under endless off-topic posts, and it really is not the intended use of the forums. It’s driving away most people from the forums, and only like 5 people consistently post now.
How are Munchy’s problems supposed to be fixed and the playerbase grow if all feedback given on the forums is ignored?

23 Likes

7 Likes

W post

7 Likes

honestly if we only took the munchy-related posts into account i feel like this entire page would become more boring than it already is. Sure they should make an off-topic category and maybe even add a limit to creating topics in this category if necessary. But I feel that the reason people don’t use the discord server as much as this forums is because it’s more comfortable/organized. It really is not that accurate to say it’s just like a “chat room” when there’s a main topic that makes players interact with each other through posts, instead of a chaotic chat that can be interrupted any second, and of course, harder to read/reply.

Cool opinion but i prefer the way the munchy forums are used for both general interactions & server discussions rather than just stick to making dozens of extremely long posts talking about a kit or a server glitch or ideas or whatever, really, it gets too boring sometimes. Though I agree there should be a limit on off-topics.

12 Likes

I second all of this!!

4 Likes

Just to clarify, I’m not saying off-topic posts should be disallowed or anything. I just think the sheer quantity of them is really bringing the quality of the forums down, and they aren’t even about anything interesting. It feels completely like people are just making off-topic posts for the sake of it.
Remember in 2020 when the forums were a place of server discussion and fun off-topic posts? They used to be super fun and super helpful to Munchy, but now they’re neither.

6 Likes

Yeah, I definetely agree that there should be less of them, though unfortunately there aren’t enough munchy-related things to discuss right now, maybe that’s why off-topics posts are starting to become more “annoying” and , I’m pretty sure the quantity has always been the same it’s just that there only is 1 gamemode that is receiving constant updates right now and only 1 community (survival) is really doing this. So I guess we’ll just have to wait to see a more balanced forum.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Yeah these are the kind of examples I was talking about. There should be a limit to these posts, and also moderators to take care of these. Thanks for bringing an example

4 Likes

Sounds like you agree with Jamie then

4 Likes

I do! I just feel like it only needs moderation, the rest will simply be natural as long as the other gamemodes get to update and there are enough things to discuss about

5 Likes

love you

3 Likes

To a degree, I agree with this post.

Obviously, I’m heavily biased here, since I’ve abandoned the actual minecraft server altogether, and also have been partially contributing to the problem. The thing is, I’d prefer the forums to be alive, and I think to do that, certain topics may just have to suffer. What’s worse is that I don’t particularly think a balance could or should be reached with this. It’s not exactly the biggest problem.

Topic creators who don’t want your post/idea buried, here’s what you should do:

• post the link in game and on the discord, explaining what your topic is about
  • message an admin about your post/idea, if they believe it’s interesting enough, there might be a different post created by them incorporating this issue
  • make sure your post is readable, engaging, but also not too casual or formal. Take a page out of your senior English textbooks and construct something conversational. If your post is interesting and important enough, people will read it and people will respond to it

Just for those who are struggling with the context for this exact situation, the topic was unlisted and locked within a matter of minutes. To be clear, I do not support topics which are downright weird and uncalled for, just topics not particularly relating to munchy in general.

7 Likes

James u should make some good posts

3 Likes

especially when its not funny and they think its the most hilarious thing ever being said in the history of the entire world

6 Likes

Mcdonalds and Drexor seeing this post:

8 Likes

Although I do agree with this, Like some other people said I think it’s ok to have off topic posts every once in awhile, but not as much as we do now. But yeah, like I said I see why you say this.

3 Likes

I understand the not wanting “off topic” posts, and i dont love that theres nothing really useful here even tho it is a FORUMS, but Munchy is supporting it by having certain tags and sections that encourage those posts. You can literally post something with the tag “Off Topic” or post things with “Forums Game” or whatever.

Ive always thought this at the start, Munchy’s Forums is barely Forums and more of a social media platform LOL. There are useful things and questions people ask and Ideas being posted etc, but you barely see that and see more fun posts and just random things that dont do anything for the server. I also dont hate it tho because if you tried doing something like that on the Discord server, almost literally NO ONE is gonna care or even see it, so when it comes to that, the discord server is a giant waste of time.

5 Likes

The biggest problem, is that there really isnt anything important to post about. Munchy doesnt have anything new, and there arent many more problems to bring up except problems that wont be fixed and have been here for a while. The only time there are serious posts are when we complain about KitPvP, when Prison got map 9, and when Survival reset (and the Survival hype disappeared very fast because its just survival).

6 Likes

All I dislike is having tons of useless posts that implies meaningless discussions or are just meant to troll. General questions about preferences is fine and that’s what the off-topic tag should be for. But yeah, this is a MunchyMC forum and I’d rather talk about the server than anything else even though some off-topic posts are cool in my opinion.

It just lacks of moderation and I think it’s been already claimed by @Eroa here. The fact that people take pleasure to make hundreds of posts that either have no purpose whatsoever or are just concerning, I’m not gonna specify the posts, should be handled. There could be a limit of off-topic posts that you should make, there could be a bit more active forums mod that would handle them, there are a lot of stuff that can be made to avoid this much flooding.

Yeah at this point, I’m just disappointed that this post had to be made because I always believed it was obvious that the current state of the forums, it’s getting flooded every, single, freaking, day, was already a mess.

2 Likes