Steampunk WoolWars Map Submission

Map Name: Steampunk
Builders: Faded_Himself & Renegade_Mango
Type: Normal
Parkour Block: Magenta Stained Clay
Spawn Block: Sea Lantern
Map Download Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16um7cOcbLRQM-KBWLSQhfgT9dFkkG1w5/view?usp=sharing

Map Center: X: 0, Z: 0
Map Radius: 30 Blocks
Playable Area Height: 93 Blocks
(Everything should have remained identical to the template, except I added a secondary layer of bedrock on the bottom).

Pre-Game Spawn Location: X: -10.5, Y: 53, Z: -10.5

Edits:
Mango and I have revised the map using the constructive feedback we received! I made the wall gradients more varied (As Kiwi suggested). We also addressed the platform shortage by adding more gears around the map (Thank you Beelzebeel and Kiwi). Hopefully this will prevent players from blitzing to the top. We really desire to preserve the openness of the map, as we feel it is just a special part of it. (Before I forget, I also added steam, thank you EggNogg!)

Images are attached below, we hope you like it! :smiley:

11 Likes

I apologize if I made any mistakes with the submission, I made sure to read through all guides available on how to format things and to include all needed information. This is my first time submitting, and I would love feedback!

Thanks,
Faded

3 Likes

I love it! Few things I would add though. More platforms and more greyish blocks with the walls and a rounder pipe? +1!

5 Likes

+1

The map is all-round a great map, but it may need a few more islands, or in this case, gears mid-air to stop people from just heading straight to the top, and rather stopping for loot. This is briefly solved with the stone platforms, which I can’t decide what they are, but not successfully in my opinion.
More floating steampunk buildings would be more aesthetically pleasing rather than being able to see all of the map from being in the center.
The map also heavily reminds me of the map Sewer with the way you did the big yellow pipe on the top of the map!

Despite all these concerns, this map is a generally nice map and it would be fun to play on!

:heart:

4 Likes

Looks like a great map! One suggestion is maybe a flying steampunk ship, I think that those here and there would look cool

6 Likes

Hello Kiwi!,

Thank you for the feedback! I will look into adding more gray blocks to the wall gradient. What I was originally aiming for was a “polluted sky” kind of look. I also think the map could benefit from some sort of larger platform in the center.

Thank you,
Faded

3 Likes

Pros:

• Good platforms

• Nice map

Cons:

• None

Final rating: +1

4 Likes

+1 The map looks great,i would love to play in it.The steampunk theme feels interesting for me. Hope this get accepted gl

3 Likes

Hello Beelzebeel!,

Thank you for the feedback! I do see the concerns you have risen. Most of the larger platforms are on the side, and that very well could encourage players just to tower to the top. The stone platforms I built were indented to be some sort of steampunk styled cargo transport. I will add a large platform in the center, which I originally hesitated to do in concern of it going against the fostering of a vertical PvP environment. In regards to the pipes, I don’t even know if they qualify as steampunk or not, I just added them because I thought it would be unique terrain to battle on (thin and slopped).

Thank you,
Faded

3 Likes

Hello EggNogg!,

Thank you for the feedback! I have built multiple ships in the past, but never any steampunk themed! I’ll see what I can do for you. (Your post allow clued in to realizing there is no steam on the map either lol. Cobwebs are likely not a good idea, but I have glass to my disposal).

Thank you,
Faded

4 Likes

We need this.
I was really waiting for a steampunk map, and I almost started working on one myself.
Thank you for this submission.

1 Like

@KiwiDaTurtle @Beelzebeel @EggNogg I have revised the map using your suggestions and guidance, thank you! :heart: (I made sure to update the post, images, and link as well).

1 Like

Really spectacular man, you did a great job!
I hope to seeing this map added!

:heart:

1 Like

Woah. +2

1 Like

Very epic +2

1 Like

I rlly like this map :o
although i suggest adding more small islands, especially on the walls since it looks kinda bland rn, besides that LOOKS GREAT +1

2 Likes

If you add more platforms which was mentioned, it will be amazinggg! I love the theme.

1 Like