Staff Applications (Question)

When will the staff applications be open? I really look forward to apply for staff! I also have other questions:
What is the age limit?
Is there a interview processce?

1 Like

Hey there!

Given that the most recent staff application season was in May and seasons are usually every 3-4 months, it should be somewhere in August or September! There’s no exact date, however.

The required age minimum is 13 as that is the smallest age you can be on the forums at.

There is, in fact, an interview process!

Thank You! I can apply! when staff apps are open of course!

1 Like

^Along with that, take a look at this topic for more information/tips on how to apply.

1 Like

i don’t think you should apply for staff if you asked for something open and also you said what’s the minimum age. it just shows you aren’t ready if your gonna apply at somewhere around 13 years old.

These are facts and i don’t know why this got flagged (this post you’re reading, i guess people can swallow a pill of truth)

Hey @GeeksForGeeks , honestly was reading this and just wanted to say that those are general questions that are normally asked by a lot of people. Questions as in: Is there an age requirement? Or, When will the staff applications be open? The first thing I want to point out here is that you said “ i don’t think you should apply for staff if you asked for something open “, I don’t know what you were talking about but I’m going to guess and say that you were referring to the staff applications. Your wrong, staff applications are not open at the moment. I also want to point out that you said “and also you said what’s the minimum age. it just shows you aren’t ready if your gonna apply at somewhere around 13 years old.” How do you know he’s not ready to apply at that age? I have seen a lot if people around age 13 that are extremely mature and dedicated for example: Someone you probably don’t know, brokxen, he’s 13 and he can easily catch cheaters and closet cheaters, he’s mature and knows how to code as well. I just felt like I had to say something because I’m also 13 and I don’t like the way you phrased this at all. I don’t want to be mean at all but it’s like your judging them for asking 2 questions. It’s like bringing down someone’s attitude toward applying. (Note: I did not mean to come out as rude or disrespectful, I just wanted to say something about the comment. That’s all)

1 Like

I’m not gonna read all of this, but what i believe you said was defending him. and in my position, if i’m hiring someone and they ask questions on their forums, that are out in the open and available to anyone, it shows that they don’t do enough research on that topic and honestly, i would want him out of this room if they decide to want staff on something that’s so simple it doesn’t deserve to be a thread.

And in your regard about him standing up for the minimum of age to be staff, that most likely means he is really young and i wouldn’t want a kid in my staff team.

i also saw you mentioned about closet cheaters, and if you bother to think being staff is all about removing cheaters and rule breakers, maybe staff isn’t the thing you would want.

Being staff is much more than catching kids, it’s about being a team and if OP (the little kid) thinks different, he shouldn’t be on the team.

Maturity doesn’t play in as much of a factor than you over hyped it to be, obviously it’s essential to be mature but that doesn’t mean he will be trust worthy with his duty’s in maintaining a server. I can be the most formal person ever and that’s what i would not want to see in a interview. Just not someone that seems fake, i wanna know the person truly if i’m the one interviewing OP and to see if the job is for him.

If maturity is played in a big role in interviewing people, and they pretend to be mature than ever, i can’t give any honest feedback in terms of the job is for him or not.

Acting mature should have a certain extent when being interviewed, i never see anyone act like a child on a sugar high that’s at 16 years old, so i see no purpose. acting to mature isn’t going to keep teamwork going because if you think about it, trying to get your point across would seem so much of a hassle when working with incompetent people. Sometimes you would want to scream at them and get your point across and yes this happens in big companies, and yes this isn’t mature but this is required if you want work done (i really hate this and to make my co workers to do something correctly but sadly it’s done)

Being mature doesn’t mean you belong to a team, the best people are the ones with a good creative clever mind. Maturity doesn’t play a big role in a team. To a ton of people and from what i gathered is that people think maturity is acting your age, but if you bother to think that maturity is the most important thing ever, it’s a cookie cutter of people.

@cheater can confirm this. (i figured he’s most appropriate to this thread since he takes his big boy shoes, his work pants and vest with him to his admin job and most importantly, takes his job seriously)

1 Like

I do understand what you’re saying but how else would he have found an answer to those questions? Yes, he could have checked other parts like the original staff application form but just because he asked a question, doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be staff.

1 Like

it shows a lot of what a type of person he is. to me and a ton of people think that he didn’t do his research, and if he couldn’t do the extra 5 minutes of looking it means he’s not ready for any job what so ever.

I understand what you’re saying but disagree. Just because he asked a question, doesn’t mean he’s lazy and shouldn’t get staff.

It’s universal that if you want to be part of a job, you need to do his research. this isn’t important to him and i can tell that he’s doing it for the benefits just for him. If i’m going to want to be part of a job i’d do my research in what i’m spending my time doing and if i enjoy it and beneficial.

Fair enough.

No lol, I know exactly what your talking about. I know that catching any sort of cheat isn’t the whole job, I was just giving an example as to what my friend can like do as a 13 year old and he can do it well as frick bro. Im not looking to be staff so Idk why you brought me up and said that if I thought that being staff was being about disciplining rule breakers, This isn’t even about me and I know that being a staff member isn’t all about disciplining. I understand that there are a lot of factors as to being a staff member, you have to be cooperative and you have to be mature. I wasn’t trying to overhype maturity but to be a staff member you do have to be mature. I understand that you would see OP as a little kid because they asked for the age minimum and that they didn’t check the requirements before posting this but still there’s no reason as to call OP a little kid, it seems rude and disrespectful don’t you think? In my opinion, I would just call OP a teen. There’s also no such reason to get confirmation from an admin, this is literally just a talk between you and me. Also, OP is just asking some questions about the position, I also agree that OP should have searched for the requirements but It really doesn’t mean that it’s for their own benefit. What if they were searching and just couldn’t find it? I would also ask in Help and Support as a lot of people help other people here.

I referred to you as OP so just refrain the parts you think i was talking about you and replace it with OP because i didn’t mean to you be involved with staff. Yes maturity does play a factor, but what does maturity mean to you before we proceed?

Also plenty of posts was exactly like this and sadly he just didn’t seem to bother to place any time into this. And i totally agree with the cooperative part but the term mature seems to broad and has been placed around a ton. When you see something mature, please describe what are you talking about

Edit mature means full grow, and if your talking about people who want to act their age, this isn’t a playground for bunch of elements school kids, these are fully grown kids, someone who is mature for a 12 year old is not the same expectations for a 18 year old. me being 3 years old and start crying is mature for my 3 year old age (example) so as a matter of fact, maturity is just simply acting your age, i brought this point up but i’ll do it again. No 16 year old would act like a sugar high kid that just saw the candy store and robbed the place. Maturity is more of a standard than something you would place in a interview.

I understand what you’re saying but if you where deciding who to let be staff who would you be looking for? A mature 13 year old or an immature 18 year old? Also, why are we going in depth about all this when it’s merely a thread asking when someone can be a staff member not an application :joy:

maturity is more of a standard, than an expectation. mature means fully grown. all they want is someone to act their age, and it’s rare to see a 16 year old on a sugar high like a 10 year old

You guys are taking this way too far…

Yes maturity is a requirement, but when the admins review the applications they are not doing an intense research taking the age of the player, checking if he acts accordingly to his age and then making a cross reference with another player or whatever… Those applications are for a volunteering job in a game. Yes, you need to take it seriously but not TOO seriously…

This is only about how you are in game and how you react in different situations. If someone insults you in game, how do you react? Are you reliable? Do you follow the rules? How are you as a person in general?

2 Likes

I read all of that… it took a while…

2 Likes

All of the original questions have long been answered.