Staff Application - xdPenguin

IGN: xdPenguin

Timezone: West Coast (USA)

Server(s) you would like to moderate: Mainly KitPvP, as I love PvP and I’m really good at catching non-legit players, as I have a lot of experience playing a diverse list of PvP related-minigames.

How active can you be per week?

Having a very busy schedule, it is hard to be on and moderate everyday. Having said that, I can moderate for 2-3 hours 4 days of the week. However, it is in my intent to ease up my schedule a bit, which ultimately leads to being able to moderate the server more often.

Do you have any past moderating experience? If so, briefly describe it:

I have been Admin on a minor server that is no longer existent, and I mainly moderated for Skywars and KitPvP. However, I have lots of experience in determining whether someone is a hacker or not, as I have encountered many hackers before, and I even know strategies against most hacks.

What is your knowledge of MunchyMC?

From what I remember, MunchyMC was originally named McPvP, and most of it’s original players come from there (within the time I was in this server, I had acquired this information, mainly because of curiosity).

MunchyMC has a great variety of mini games which anyone can join and have fun:

KitPvP: My personal favorite. A section where players can fight each other using custom kits to earn tokens and kill streaks which further add on to the fun. The main amazing events that are be hosted by staff members include one in the chamber, king of the hill, and sumo. KitPvP is recognized as the most popular section of MunchyMC, as it ordinarily consists of a constant player database at any time of the day.

Wool Wars: Your main goal in this mini game is to outlive your opponents. You must stack up using wool as the death zone makes it’s way upwards. On your way up must loot chests and compete against other players to dominate and remain the last one alive.

Survival: Being newly added, this section offers an improved version of the classical SMP by using carefully selected Plugins which don’t alter survival experience. You can auction items, and boom your personal balance determined by gold.

Smash: This minigame is based around Super Smash Bros. Using different items (or your fists), you must increase the enemy’s percentage which knocks them farther and farther away. The main goal is to knock the enemy off the platforms until their lives reach 0. Last player standing wins!

Prison: This section offers a variety of rare items that make it fun to play and grind for. Other than that you can either spend your time mining for money or loot outside to find rare items and kill other players. You can kill other players, mine for money, or loot outside. Your choice of preferred gameplay is hosted by this amazing section of MunchyMC.

Others: game modes such as Hardcore Games or Maze Runner can also be hosted by staff. They are hosted often. Players must use in game chat commands to join.

Limbo Realm (often referred to as Purgatory): A small section of the server in which banned players spend their time mining certain blocks to unlock a free unban. Unbanned players can visit this sadistic place and explore the world of the banned.

Do you have any Anticheat experience?

I have little experience with NoCheatPlus, as I have moderated on a smaller server before. However anticheat is not my main field. That being said, I am willing to learn all the necessary subjects I do not yet know.

Link AT LEAST 2 videos of hackers that you have recorded and/or reported on MunchyMC:

Due to the lack of time I have been in the server, I have not yet come across a hacker worth recording (whenever I came across hackers, it would usually just be velocity or autoclick, for which I reported them ingame). Any hackers I would record would be the ones that b-hop, fly, reach and killaura, and stuff like that; the ones are easily noticeable and the ones I cannot deal with ingame. However, as a moderator, I would make sure to give the appropriate punishment to all hackers, no matter what type. Having said this, if you do not mind the fact that I don’t have 2 videos attached (again, due to the lack of time spent on the server), I promise I will be your greatest exception and I will catch all hackers, from minor to closet cheaters to blatant hackers.

Languages spoken:

English is my first language, however in school I am taking French as my secondary language. I can speak it (barely), write it (fluently), and understand when someone speaks it. I also pick up on Spanish sometimes, as my mom is learning Spanish and I have to listen to her all day, as she does so right next to my room (and trust me, she is being loud about it).

Describe your contributions to MunchyMC thus far?

Thus far, my contribution to MunchyMC have been the following: calling out hackers, reporting hackers, and mainly being kind to people. I have not had enough time to really have an impact, however with this opportunity I am very excited to make a major positive impact for the server.

What is your greatest strength?

My greatest strength is being able to keep my cool, being a positive thinker, being mature, and especially my strength when confronting hackers. These strengths helped me become who I am today, and they would come in really handy as a moderator. I am able to keep my cool when confronting a difficult situation and work through it with maturity and responsibility. I positively think through everything, and I am really excited for this opportunity. I would love to be a moderator on the MunchyMC team.

Comment on your ability to work within a team:

I am very social, and working with a team is what I was meant for. Though I tend to be kind of bossy sometimes, I can easily restrain from doing so. I enjoy working in a team because it is really fun to have multiple people think around a certain issue or subject, and being part of something bigger has always been my goal. I also own a really good microphone with which I can easily communicate.

What is your experience and knowledge of hacks?

I have lots of experiences with hacks, as I had encountered them numerous amounts of times, and I well aware of most hacks there are. Hacks are my main moderating skill, and this is mostly why I think I would be a great addition to the MunchyMC administrating/moderating team.

The hacks I can most easily recognize are:

KillAura - Modification that makes the client automatically hit players within their hit range

Speed - Makes player faster than permitted

Xray - Disperses blocks such as stone so valuable ores are more easily detected

Reach - Gives the player the ability to hit from further away than max limit (3 blocks)

Regeneration - Player regenerates faster than usual (though this does not work on most servers)

Velocity - Player takes less knock back than intended.

Fly - Player is able to fly in game mode 0 (though this does not work on most servers)

FastBow - Player can shoot a bow faster than intended at max pull/power

Bunnyhop - Player is able to jump 4 blocks in all directions

Fastplace - Autoclicker for right click

AimAssist - Player is able to lock on enemies hitboxes

NoFall - Player does not take any fall damage whatsoever (though this does not work on most servers)

NoSlowDown - Player is able to move at full speed while eating, shooting a bow, and other actions which usually slow down the player

Anything else you would like to add?

I have been a Munchy loyal player for 27 days now (since writing this). By the time you read this, a full month should have passed. I love this server and I really want to further help it as much as I can. As a moderator, my intent is to make this community the best it can, without hackers and toxicity, for all players to enjoy. Thank you so much for taking the time to read through this and further investigate my moderator quality.

Staff apps are currently not open when they open (sometime this month) you can apply. Best of luck applying when they’re actually open!

1 Like

What TeaLeafy said.