Staff Application - sourpatches / SourWoaj

IGN: My current and past IGN’s can be found here.

Timezone: PST (Pacific Standard Time)

Can you record and upload videos with good quality? I wouldn’t say it’s great quality, but it’s sufficient enough for hackers.

Server(s) you would like to moderate: I would like to moderate the KitPvP and InvadedHG servers.

How active can you be per week? As school has started, my activity has significantly dropped since summer. I do believe that I still come on a good amount though. Here is my schedule, but it is not concrete!

During school, here is my schedule.

Monday – 7:00pm – 9:30pm

Tuesday – 5:30pm – 9:30pm

Wednesday – 5:30pm – 9:30pm

Thursday – 5:30pm - 9:30pm

Friday – 4:30pm – 10:30pm

Saturday / Sunday – 11:00 am – 11:00pm

I will usually have a 30-60 minute interval here and there for extra curriculars or other random chores.

Do you have any past moderating experience? If so, briefly describe it:

LittleKits – Mod+

This server had a player base of around 50. I started off at Trial-Mod and quickly gained a promotion due to my accurate bans and my positive attitude. I then became a moderator. Since I was one of the only PST moderators, I was promoted to Mod+ 1 month after.

LightKits – Moderator

This server had a playerbase similar to the 2015 Munchy. The server gained around 100-200 players a day. Being an EU server and me being a US player, I had an advantage in time zones. I became a trial-moderator in 2 months. I gained many bans and I helped a lot of the US players. I met many great people like Taizzz and schmockyyy. I hosted many events to keep players happy. I was then demoted for inactivity because of family problems.

ZaptosPvP – Admin

When I first joined ZaptosPvP, I fell in love with it. It was like MunchyMC (except made in 2014). It had many great kits and players. I made an application and became a trial mod. I then received a promotion to Moderator after 2 months. I had around 500 bans by then. The player base was around 70 players a day. I was very helpful, kind and interactive within the community, so I was promoted to Admin. I was then in charge of moderator applications. The server sadly shut down after 8 months due to a lack of funds.

MC-Kits – Trial Moderator

MC-Kits was an extremely popular server back in 2013. I played on it a lot more than McPVP’s KitPvP due to the actual kits. I became well known and respected in the community. I decided to apply for moderator as lots of my friends encouraged me to. I applied and became a trial moderator. I met many great people like tealfox, a former McPvP moderator. After around 2 months of being a trial, I was to receive a promotion to mod. Sadly, the server then shut down for around 3-4 months. I never really went back to MC-Kits.

GalaxyCraft – Head-Mod

A couple months ago, I joined SoupPvP server. The server had 10 players on average and no staff. I decided to apply for the heck of it. Surprisingly I was accepted and I became a Helper. I decided to help improve the server by giving ideas and helping. The server gained around 20 players a day. Now, the reason I included this was because I got some good anti-cheat experience. I used an anti-cheat called Sloth. I later left the server because I thought it was going nowhere (which is true right now). They then banned me.

Mc-Kits (New) - Trial-Mod

McKits was recently revived by someone and I became a trial-moderator there. The server shut down and is now a new server, which is up next.

Lemin/Strafe- Moderator

I am currently a moderator on a server named lemin or strafe. I currently have around 200+ bans in around 1 month. I have screen shared a couple of people there and have caught their clients by using some screenshare methods.

In my staffing experience, I have gotten to work with a great team of individuals. I also learned how to deal with mad people and crowds. I learned how to screenshare and use an anticheat.

MemeKits

This is a server my friend and I have been working on. I currently work with a large building team and we get things done pretty quickly since we listen to each other.

What is your knowledge of MunchyMC?

I would say my knowledge of MunchyMC is very big as I’ve been with Munchy since 2015 (except for some of 2016). I am currently on the event team and the forum mod team and this has given me knowledge on how the forums work and the ability to interact with the community even more. I have been playing MunchyMC since Dodgeball, Splatter, Cake Race and I know how each gamemode works. I have helped MunchyMC with forums posts, builds and hosting events and this has given me knowledge on how the playerbase acts.

Do you have any Anticheat experience?

Yes, I have experience with the Sloth and NPC anticheat. I have seen the MunchyMC one in BadBoyHalo’s streams when he forgets to block them out!

Link videos of hackers that you have recorded and/or reported on MunchyMC:

Languages spoken: English, but I am learning Spanish. I can carry out a simple conversation and help with some questions.

Describe your contributions to MunchyMC thus far?

I have currently contributed to MunchyMC on the forums and in-game the most. On the forums, I am currently a forum moderator. I have been locking, deleting, editing and unlisting posts. I have been trying to keep the forums clean for the players. I have also made a couple of guides for the newer players. I read every post, so i am very aware on what happens on the forums.

KitPvP Guide - KitPvP Guide

Event List - List Of MunchyMC Events

Staff Application Tips - Staff Tips!

In-game, I am an event team member. I have been hosting events and keeping the players very happy with my events. I have contributed by adding a couple of events and by building them. I have gotten to know a lot of people in the community and in my opinion, i am a friendly face to a lot of people. I believe community interaction is super important for a staff member. In-game, i report a lot of cheaters and spammers.

In teamspeak and in-game, I try my best to answer people’s questions to the best of my ability. I also try to socialize and become friends with people on teamspeak.

In discord, i try to help people in need. I report rule breakers, bugs and idead to the MunchyMC discord.

What is your greatest strength?

I would say my greatest strength would be community involvement / communication. As an event team member and a forum moderator, I get to interact with the community a lot. I know what they desire, I know what they like and I know how they act. This is in my opinion the most important aspect for a staff member. Being able to be a to be known as a mature, relaxed, fun and professional figure in the community helps when working with others. While being very interactive and known in the community, I have learned some crowd control skills. This has helped me a lot when hosting events. I can comfortably talk to anyone who is need of help in a mature, professional, friendly and relaxed tone. Being involved has given me great listening skills. I can actively help others online since i am active on all platforms. In each of the staff teams I have worked on, the key characteristic that made the team organized and efficient was communication. Communication is super imporant not only in the staff team, but in the community as well. The community makes the server and by communicating with them, the server can improve.

Comment on your ability to work within a team:

My ability to work on a team is pretty good in my opinion. I am on the event team and forum mod team and we have discussions when problems arise. We work together to solve the problem. I love to work with @MboWoaj in events and builds. I currently own my discord and I try to implement other people’s ideas and make everyone happy. I have worked on many staff teams and in my opinion, the key aspect that made them functional was teamwork.

What is your experience and knowledge of hacks?

My experience and knowledge of hacks is very large. Being staff on multiple servers has given me a lot of experience on what hacks exist. Here is a list of hacks and what they do.

Kill Aura - Allows a player to gain greater reach against their opponent. It clicks for you and aims for you. Head does not snap.

Forcefield - A hack that hits entities when they are a certain distance away. Head does snap.

Reach - Allows the user to gain more reach on their opponent. This allows for reach that is not possible in vanilla minecraft. (Reach is 3 blocks in minecraft vanilla.)

Speed - Allows the player to run at a speed that is not possible in vanilla minecraft.

Anti-Knockback - Gives the player no knockback.

B-Hop - Allows the player to bunny hop, which gives them a speed not possible in vanilla minecraft.

Auto-Soup - A hack that allows the player to drink stew without it being in their hotbar (they can drink a stew from inside their inventory which is not possible in vanilla minecraft.) This hack sometimes makes a neat stack of bowls in tbe inventory.

High Jump - A hack that allows a player to jump higher than possible in vanilla minecraft with no potion effects.

Autoclicker - A program that clicks for you either by when hold the mouse button or when you click, it registers as 2.

Fly - Allows the player to fly without the falcon kit, gamemode 1 or /fly.

No-Fall - Allows the user to not take fall damage.

Jesus - Allows the player to walk on water.

Criticals - Every hit is a critical hit when using this hack. Even when you don’t jump.

Fast Bow - Allows the player to shoot a bow at a rate not possible in vanilla minecraft.

Spider - Allows the player to climb up walld without vines.

Bow Aimbot - Allows each bow shot to lock on aim onto a target.

Aimbot - Allows the player to keep their crosshair locked onto a target.

Multi-Aura - Allows the player to hit multiple people at the same time.

Triggerbot - When ever an entity is within range, the hacker will start to click. They need to aim, which is what seperates them from kill aura.

Teleport Aura - The player teleports around the player and hits them.

V-Clip - Allows the player to walkthrough blocks.

X-Ray - Allows the user to see through blocks to get to iron or gold easier in HG.

Insta Health / Regen - Allows the player to regenerate at a fast pace without drinking stews.

I have watched the greats of McPvP such as akinator127, jared1134, Alakazam1313, Throttlez, ducks4 and many more. This has given me the opportunity to see how staff members should act like. This gave me a chance to add more onto my staffing experience.

3 ways of detecting hackers

1. Anticheat alerts or reports from players.

Usually, if a player set off multiple anticheat logs, I would check on them. If a player is being reported multiple times by lots of people, I would check on them. The anti-cheat here is very good as I have seen. So, this would be a good way to catch hackers.

2. Observing

Just by watching a player, you can usually tell they are cheating. Using my experienced eyes, I can closely observe players to see if they are cheating. If I am unsure, I would usually screenshare them or keep watching until they become blatant.

3. Screensharing

I recently have learned how to screenshare a lot more in depth. I can look ghost clients, autoclickers and more by using a tool, my brain and some programs. This is a good way to make sure people are 100% cheating.I first start off by checking their options, controls, snooper settings and resource pack folders. I then check their mods for any unusual sizes. I then check their screenshots. I check their logs and have them search for specific binds and commands. I then check their teamspeak 3 folders for spook. I check their skype received files for other clients. I’ll check their java folders, JNA folders, recently opened and recycle bin. I then have them download an SS tool called BL Squad. I’ll have them run specific searches. Using PH2 I can find clients and autoclickers. I can use Luyten to find the class their reach is in. I will check their browser as well for vape / spook logins.

Edits: (will write in future)
Added hack knowledge.
Added 3 ways of detecting hackers.
Added screensharing knowledge

Thank you for reading and I hope you consider me for the next JMod position!

Please leave feedback + comments down below! They are greatly appreciated.

9 Likes

+1

Lemin

1 Like

Thanks wyz!!!

Win the quarterquell for me :wink:

+1

Pros:

• Great friend
  • Friendly/Social
  • Fair
  • Can be trusted
  • Mature
  • Active
  • Very detailed and well put application

Your greatest strength would be how you’re always there when someone needs help. Whether it’s from trying to report a hacker to needing help in real life, you’ll always be there to help.

No cons

Good luck sour my man!

Why?

~ Ozzy

1 Like

+1
Pros:
Friendly
Active
Helpful
Mature
Detailed application

Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you so much @_Ozzy

Why you ask?

You see, Ive been trying to figure that out myself. So let me ask you, why?

Thanks ClassyHusky! Hope your youtube channel does well :smiley:

1 Like

Idk why we’ve been through this sour

1 Like

Do we actually need to rate when he’s obviously next in line for staff :joy_cat:

The only thing I can think to ask is why did you come back to Munchy?

2 Likes

sour

what’d i tell u man

1 Like

+1

• Friendly
  • Active
  • 100% wants and deserves staff
  • Very detailed application
1 Like

Well, the main reason I quit was school. Although school has taken over most of my time, I came back because of how much I loved MunchyMC and it’s playerbase. I had many great friends who were really sad about me leaving. After a couple days, I gave it some thought and realized I didn’t want to throw away all my friendships and love connected to MunchyMC.

@Squishify you told me: “Sour needs to take a shower because he smells sour.”

@OMGursobad Thanks G O A T!

2 Likes

I recommend becoming known before applying, good luck.

2 Likes

Who are you???

bikeski

Any way plus 1 is a good pvper and event team member.

1 Like

Whats a bikeski?

Jk thanks bikeski. You are a great event team manager :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1

Active
Obviously wants mod + very detailed app
Shows effort
Nice guy

:+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Thanks hoan!!! Goodluck on event :smiley: