Staff Application - Lightny

IGN : Skoppy
Previous IGN : DubstepPlayz
Timezone : UTC+10:00
Do you have access to teamspeak and a working microphone ? Yes I have access to teamspeak and my mic is at good quality.
Do you have the ability to record working Minecraft videos ? Yes, I use OBS and sometimes if OBS doesn’t work I use the recording software included in the Windows 10 update (All you do is press Windows + G/g)
Are you VIP or above ? Yes, I am a MVP+ on the Server
Are you multilingual ? Yes I can speak Mandarin and German
Where are you most active on the Hypixel Network ? I usually like to spend my time playing Bedwars, Skywars and UHC (Ultra Hardcore) on the network.
How much time do you have to contribute to the role ? Around 2 hrs each day, but due to school I will not be able to play that much but on the holidays about 4 - 5 hrs each day.
Have you ever been banned or punished on any server ? Yes, I have been banned once on Hypixel for hacking and been muted but I hope this doesn’t effect my chances of being a Helper.
Suppose it’s your first week of being a Helper and you mute a well-known player. Their guild mates start spamming your twitter calling you a bad Helper and telling you to unmute them. What would you do ? I would try to explain to them why he was muted, and if it continues, I would seek assistance of higher ranked staff and try to ignore them.
Tell us about one of your best moments on the Hypixel server : I had got a 11 kill game in skywars and won the game, that was one of my best moments on the Hypixel server.
Tell us about one of your wurst moments on the Hypixel server: After the 11 kill game in skywars, I got friended by 3 players and all messaged me the same thing, “If you are hacking just tell me it is ok, btw I know your hacking so don’t lie,” I ignored it like a Helper would and if they continue to annoy me I would contact a Moderater to talk to them.
Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year ? How did you deal with it ? What did you learn ? I was playing some Minecraft at one of my school breaks, and me and my friends were playing some Bedwars. We were in a middle of a game, when all of a sudden, almost all of us were perm banned for compromised accounts. Most of us sent ban appeals, and got them accepted, but some of us weren’t so lucky. I vowed, next time I play Minecraft at breaks at my school, I would use my data to play instead.
If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft ? Well, I like to read and program, and sometimes, listen to some dubstep while relaxing. I like to watch YouTube, preferably gaming, and watch anime as well.
Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience ? The few servers I play on are mostly small ones, so Hypixel is my main attention. I haven’t decided to apply for staff on any other server on Minecraft.
"You come home from school/work and have ton of homework/work to do, you think to yourself I’ll just take a 5 minute break before I start and get on Hypixel. The next thing you know 2 hours have passed and you’ve been on the server all that time." Does this scenario sound familiar to you ? Fortunately, no. When I come home, usually, I’d finish all my work, as it is my first priority and then relax and game a little, making sure not to play to long and damage my eyesight.
You’re in a busy lobby as a helper, questions are flying at you rapidly, you can just about keep up. You’re getting messaged by 2 different players both asking you to get them a moderator for a hacker, someone then pokes you on teamspeak telling you that there is someone blasting music in their channel. What do you do ? I would have to call on assistance of another helper or mod, or quickly priorities what I am going to do first, and tell people with less important questions to wait.
Have you made any previous applications, if so how many and what is the date of your last one? No
Anything else we should know ? I might not have a regular schedule to go online for 2 hrs everyday, so you can expect for me to miss some days of being online, but I hope that doesn’t affect my application, and that is mostly it about my that you should know.I am very multi tasked and can corroborate with other players and not be (as people say in Minecraft) toxic or salty in the process of helping. I am very calm in answering peoples answers and in very big situations. I also have a good understanding of being a Helper so here is some stuff I want you to know about me:
Personal Qualities:
Respectful:

I would say I’m a respectful person, I try my hardest not to offend anyone and try to respect them, if someone shows me respect I will 100% show them respect back, I’m someone anyone could come to and talk to about anything on their mind, as I wouldn’t tell anyone and I’d try my hardest to be respectful of their choices and help them out.
Helpfulness:
I try my hardest to help people out, even if I’m not staff since I got to know the community and started to play properly, I tried my hardest to help and guide people by just answering questions, helping them out with gear and doing other helpful things. This would be a good quality for a staff member as a lot of people do need help on Munchy.
Patience:
I have a lot of patience as quite a lot of people know, I try my hardest to get to everyone who needs help, and being staff that will most likely be a possibility. This would definitely be one of the more needed qualities for a staff member I believe.
Maturity:
I would say I’m a mature player, I used to be pretty immature and would joke around a lot and that’s why I would come off as toxic to other people, I’ve tried not to be toxic/immature for a long time and I have gained a lot more respect due to that.
I am pretty mature for my age, I do everything for myself almost. Obviously, there are times when you have to be mature as staff, I feel like I would be able to control when to joke around and when to be mature.
Persistency:
I am very persistent when it comes to anything, if I start something I will no undoubtedly finish it, I try to complete things even if it’s hard for me, I don’t give up and I keep on trying, I feel like this would be a good quality for a staff member as it would be good to have a Mature, Persistent person who wouldn’t give up on the server.
Responsibility:
There is a lot of responsibility involved in being a staff member (From Experience) it might not seem like a lot of responsibility to handle to other people, but from my perspective I know what it’s like, I feel like I would be the one who would be able to handle that responsibility.
Manners:
Manners are needed in almost every single situation, including being staff on a Minecraft server, having manners would be a great aspect of mine as I always try to be respectful and have manners, in any situation.
I could use my manners to use in situations that I would need to, this is a good quality of a good staff member in my opinion.
Cooperative:
To have a good moderator I believe this quality is necessary, you need to be able to cooperate with staff and other players, having this quality would definitely benefit the server. The staff member would need to cooperate with Players or staff and be able to react instantly and listen to what they have to say, I think this would be a good quality of mine as I know how to be cooperative !
Determination:
This is kind of adding onto Persistency, I am a very determined person, I put my all into everything, every server I’ve ever joined or been staff on, I try my hardest to finish everything possible.
This is a great quality of mine, as I will be Determined to help out the server and the community.
Hard Working:
I am a very hard working person, in real life and online, when it comes to ANYTHING, I try my hardest to finish it or keep being persistent about what it is, I would try my hardest to do as much as I could for this server and I think that would be an excellent quality to have. !Humour
I believe having a sense of humor is 100% necessary, having no sense of humor would just be boring and dull, you need a staff member who can have a laugh in certain situations, but also is professional in certain situations. I feel like I could be that staff member as I would be able to be Serious in situations and be Funny in certain situations.
All of the qualities above IMO are qualities that are needed for a successful staff member, I feel like I could use all of those qualities and make them useful for Munchy.
Trustworthy:
I am very trustworthy, a lot of people come and speak to me about things others don’t want knowing and I do my best to keep that to me and themselves, I can be trustworthy with anything in my opinion, if you were to give me $25 for a rank and ask for it back, I most likely would give you it back.
This is yet another great quality to have as a staff member as most servers are looking for someone to be able to handle the responsibility and be trustworthy with it.
One day I wish to become a Helper and make Hypixel the best server around, I will always respect my rank as a prize given to me because I was independent and was trusted with it.

Discord (Just in case you need to contact me for a problem or some sort of other situation) : Wang#6347
P.S: It would mean all to me if I get this rank but if not I will try my best to make my skills improve to match the requirements for being a Helper on the Hypixel Network.
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC39Uqum359u_mD5xxKWbpDw?view_as=subscriber

Staff applications are currently closed.
Why are you applying for staff here using another server format???!!

1 Like

Please use this format if you wish to apply for event, or this format if you want to apply for staff when the staff applications re-open.

1 Like