Spookywilloww's Staff Application (January 2022)

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?: Yes.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?: Yes.

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?: Yes.

Application

IGN: spookywilloww

Timezone: EST

Can you use a microphone for an interview?:
Yes.

Role you are interested in (Helper or JMod):
JMod.

Server you are interested in moderating (pick ONE):
Survival.

How active can you be per week?
My average playtime is around 7-8 hours daily during the EST afternoons and evenings, depending on schoolwork. Due to my flexible college schedule, I’m also available anytime needed.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:
Any recordable punishments I have are jokes. The only thing of note in this regard I’ve done on Munchy concerns my demotion from survival mod in July 2021. I apologized for the incident from the start, and have since shown through my actions that I’ve changed for the better as a person, left it behind me, and such would never happen again. In time since, I’ve worked actively to repair my reputation, to adopt a wholesome mindset more befitting of survival’s community, and to become more understanding of others. While it’s not a situation I’ve discussed publicly, I can be contacted on Discord about it if necessary.

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:
I was accepted for JMod in August 2020, and later went on to serve the community as a full Moderator & senior BIT Team member until July 2021. As an applicant now, I have significantly more experience than I did the first time in regards to moderation and cheats. I’m keenly aware of what the position entails and what’s required of moderators on a day-to-day basis.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?
I believe my reputation within the survival community is established as a player who’s well-known, active, and knowledgeable about the server’s features. I’ve done my best to help players whenever possible, and enjoy welcoming people back when joining the server. I try my best to be approachable, and am able to answer questions aimed my way. I enjoy involving myself with most aspects of survival including shops, events, quests, and streams. I’m seen on survival daily, and my dedication to the server is reflected in my ranking as the 4th most active staff member in the 2021 Munchy of the Year post, as well as survival’s other categories.

Within the wider Munchy community, I make an effort to stay involved in the community Discord’s survival channels and stay up to date on current events through the forums. I enjoy hanging out on Teamspeak with friends whenever the opportunity allows. Both on and off the staff team, I’ve made many friends during my time on the server, and tried to mend bridges with anyone I might’ve fallen out with at some point. I’m always looking to make new friends, and feel I’ve built a reliable reputation.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?
It’s hard not to see all the ways I could lend assistance on-server, especially since survival is such a hands-on community. I realized how much I’d missed staffing, and was encouraged to re-try my hand this application season by some friends, for whom I’m very grateful (love you cuties).

My motivation for applying is simply that I’d like the opportunity to continue improving the experience players have on-server, so that it can be as special a place to them as I’ve realized it is to me. Time has left me with a new outlook on my experiences here, and a profound wish to return, having missed it. There’s the occasional bout of time when chat gets a little rowdy, and I’d like to be able to help in that regard still.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?
9.5/10 I’ve moderated various Discord servers in the past (including a survival event discord heavily used in season 2), as well as a small Bedrock server. The majority of my moderation experience comes from the year I spent as a survival moderator. I’m comfortable and confident in efficiently handling a wide range of moderating duties, including chat moderation and griefs.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?
9.5/10 As a Munchy moderator, I gained extensive experience in detecting all of the commonly used hacks on survival (x-ray, fly/nofall, timer, etc.) and banning cheaters with the assistance of Ares.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:
The hacker videos I’ve retained have staff-related information in them, if necessary I’m willing to provide links to them.

Thanks for reading, ly cuties!
~ spookywilloww

28 Likes

+1!!! you are kind, mature, and helpful!!
Goodluck spooky:)

1 Like

+1 :+1:

2 Likes

+1 from me

spooky is extremely active and such a kind person who knows a lot about survival

Good Luck Spooky!

2 Likes

Big +1 Spooky is really mature, active, and has an amazing application!!! Good luck Spooky <3

3 Likes

+1 spooky is mature when needed, and she already has experience, and also shes very nice!

2 Likes

+1 Good luck!

2 Likes

+1 previous mod, very sweet. Gl spooky!

2 Likes

i forgot that willow was a previous mod but i don't think that spooky shouldn't be a survival jmod

2 Likes

+1

In my opinion, Spooky has always been one of the most dedicated players on Survival, and I know how much she loves the gamemode. She is extremely knowledgeable on the rules and workings of Survival, and has a very mature personality befitting a staff member. Hope to see you back on the team Spooky :blue_heart:

3 Likes

+1

Spooky might not have the best history but seeing her move past that, learn and become a lot more mature over the months is very commendable. She was also brilliant at her job and would be a good addition back into the team. All the best Spooky!

3 Likes

+1
Spooky is a wonderful member of the community, super mature and always make everyone feel welcomed. Everyone deserves a second chance, right? <3
I hope to see you get accepted spooky GL SILLY!!

2 Likes

Besides everything that has happened, I think she learned from the mistakes that were made and took that opportunity to become an even better person. She’s the type to always correct herself when she notices she’s done something wrong and proceeds to try so hard to never do it again. As far as her knowledge goes for survival, it’s immaculate. Spooky knows all the ins and outs of it and I think she’d make an excellent addition to the team again. Plus I know she’s really interactive with the community and is always there to help.:purple_heart: +1 from me

7 Likes

+1 Good luck!

3 Likes

Meh.

+.9

Edit: Oh how to point out the ways of a horrible app.

Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?: Yes.

“Do you have a record of criminal activity?” “Yes.” Tell me what you use. OBS? Do you record from your phone? On a Samsung fridge? My questions need answers!

How active can you be per week?
My average playtime is around 7-8 hours daily during the EST afternoons and evenings, depending on schoolwork.

This is actually so untrue. You’re literally never not on. Quiet sometimes, but “your friend spookywillow has joined!” message never comes on because you’re always. Online. Always. It’s an unhealthy addiction and I think we might need to host an intervention.

I try my best to be approachable, and am able to answer questions aimed my way.

Correction, approachable when she isn’t AFK a solid 1/3rd of the time. If she ignores you, either you’re bad or she’s not here. (Probably not here, but who knows?)

My rating still hasn’t changed. Still a +0.9
Now I just showed you why.

It’s cause you need help with your serious survival addiction

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies lovely people <3 Appreciate all of you.

3 Likes

+1

Spooky maintained a professional approach from the 2021 demotion and has definitely shown great character since. I always say everyone deserves a second chance and I fully believe spooky should be given one. Thank you for always being professional spooky!

4 Likes

Hi Spooky,

Thank you for applying. Unfortunately you haven’t been successful this time. I am grateful for the clear and long standing dedication you have to the survival server, but unfortunately due to the serious nature of the situation surrounding your demotion I am not comfortable offering you a rank on the server at this time. It would be great to see you spend some time working on conflict management and handling of disagreements, and I wish you the best of luck for any applications you make in the future.

10 Likes