Spookywilloww's Staff Application - August 2020

spookywilloww
PREREQUISITE CHECKLIST : (answer the following)
- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:
Yes, I joined MunchyMC on June 6th, 2020, and am online daily.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:
Yes, I have OBS installed and know how to use it.

- Are you able to download and use TeamSpeak 3?:
Yes, I’m generally connected for about 9-11 hours daily.

ONLY ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IF YOU’VE ANSWERED ‘YES’ TO ALL OF THE ABOVE

IGN: spookywilloww

Timezone: East Coast, USA (GMT-4)

Languages Spoken: English

How active can you be per week?
Accounting for my upcoming college schedule, I can be consistently connected during these times:

Monday 2:00PM—11:00PM

Tuesday 2:00PM—11:00PM

Wednesday 2:00PM—11:00PM

Thursday 1:00PM—11:00PM

Friday 10:00AM—12:00AM

Saturday 10:00AM—11:00AM

Sunday 2:00PM—12:00AM

When did you join MunchyMC and what made you stay?
I joined MunchyMC in early June of this year, after searching for a new server to call home. Ultimately, I kept coming back to Munchy because I liked the mechanics of the MCMMO plugin coupled with a gold based economy. I was immediately welcomed into the community, and was especially grateful for an invite to the Gucci clan. After spending a lot of time on smaller servers, I wanted to see if I would enjoy a larger server experience, because there would be more people to meet. Munchy certainly proved to me that it’s definitely possible to create amazing friendships in a larger server—many of the people I’ve met are why I stay today.

The survival community here is precious and wholesome, and I’m glad to be a part of it. There’s never really been anywhere else where people are quite so helpful and non-toxic. The survival server here has become like a second home, and something I know I’ll be sticking around to watch it grow.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so; please describe your side of story:
Nope, squeaky clean here!

Do you have any past moderating experience? If so, briefly describe it:
In early 2019, I was a Mod+ on a small Bedrock Edition Minecraft server called PixelGem that generally averaged around 20—30 players. My duties included training the current trial mod, handling the occasional unban appeal, and chat moderation. The server had no anticheat installed, nor any other protective claiming plugins, as part of it’s purely vanilla experience. Ultimately, the owner became disengaged from the server and decided to delete it with little notice in early 2020. I learned a lot from the experience, including how to manage player issues and present a professional appearance.

While not Minecraft moderation experience, I think it’s worth mentioning the staff teams I have been apart of elsewhere online, as I’ve learned a lot from them. I’ve been in wiki moderation since 2016, starting with the Warriors Wiki, then moving to the better-known Wookieepedia, the Star Wars wiki. These experiences gave me a large amount of experience in handling several teams of users working on concurrent projects. As the Idea Team leader on the Warriors site since 2017, I was able to transform almost every aspect of the wiki during my administration, and implement several consensus-driven decisions into our page formats. As a current bureaucrat there, I’m responsible for the wiki’s PR relationship with our community, and help manage our Twitter/Discord platforms, and forum boards/talk pages associated with the site.

On Wookieepedia, I’m a junior staff member responsible for rollbacking spam and inaccurate changes to pages. Along with this, I’ve been appointed to an article review board, a team of members that works closely together to present a consistent site. Having taken up this position early last year, I’ve been able to learn a lot about working in a team in a professional environment, with frequent meetings and a structured ticket and forum system to handle issues.

Both of these experiences have taught me how to work in a team for the benefit of a community, and I thought them useful to mention, despite not being MC server moderation positions. The positions I’ve been trusted with, and the other promotions I’ve received there since my initial wiki staff appointments, also show that I’m willing and able to devote time to my duties whenever needed. Over time, these experiences also greatly refined my maturity; I can be formal when I need to be, and still have lots of fun with friends.

User:Spookywilloww | Warriors Wiki | Fandom
User:Spookywilloww | Wookieepedia | Fandom

Do you have any anticheat experience?
Unfortunately, I have no anticheat experience related to Minecraft servers. However, I have worked with various non-Minecraft abuse filter programs in the past, and am sure that I could learn what I need to know quickly.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:
Unfortunately, I don’t have any hacker reports to show (The amazing staff team catches them all xD). I often report issues directly to whoever is online at the time, or drop reports in Munchy’s discord.

What have you contributed to MunchyMC so far as a non-staff member?
As a non-staff member, I’ve worked hard to become involved in the community, despite being relatively new to the server. I’m active in chat whenever I’m online, helping users with griefing issues and trying to settle arguments between users as a calm mediator. I also do my best to help new users get equipped and have a fun time, whether it’s giving out some simple supplies or walking them through claiming. While I’m usually running around restocking my mall shop, I’m always willing to lend a hand to someone in need. In my spare time on the server, I enjoy attending small parties hosted on the server to chill and have fun, and going around to rate players’ builds when asked.

My clan often hosts bingo events that I’m involved in, by moderating the event itself, stocking a snack bar for it, and helping provide the prize. Hosting events is something I find to be a lot of fun, as it brings together the community when we’re normally very spread out. I’m also almost done building a communal villager trading hall for everyone to use, which I’ll install a warp in. Ultimately, whenever I’m on, I try to exude a lighthearted, fun, and wholesome attitude—which matches how the survival community operates.

I actively maintain a positive and helpful presence on the forums, TeamSpeak, and Discord, and also work with users to answer questions in DMs they might have about server rules, crate items, or anything else they’d like to talk about! I was also (very recently) given the Helper rank on the server, which has helped in terms of keeping chat modded and clean.

How will MunchyMC benefit from your presence on our staff team?
I believe that MunchyMC would benefit from my presence on the staff team because of my fondness and dedication for the server. I’m willing to put in the time to keep survival the lovely place it is, and hopefully will continue to be. While I am a newer member of the server, that could be helpful in having a fresh outlook on things in certain situations. Through my wiki moderation appointments, I’ve also learned the lesson of impartiality when it comes to handing out punishments, and know if I were staff, I would continue trying to treat everyone fairly.

Simply put, being staff would help me handle issues as they arise, thus speeding up response report time for user issues, which would be a benefit to the server. I have a consistently positive attitude, and want to continue to engage with the community at all levels. I’m a punctual and responsible person that could handle the duties of being a moderator if given the chance. While being a staff member can occasionally get stressful, I’ve found—I always try to treat people—with equality, respect, and a listening ear— even if we disagree.

How do you work when in a team?
I work well in teams, both in real life and online. Both as a leader and a follower, I put my all into everything I do. I’m accustomed to contributing to online teams both small and large for the betterment of a community. I’m willing to put others needs and wants ahead of my own to enhance their experience, but also am able to stand up and admit when I need help, too. I’m never afraid of asking questions to make sure I get it right the first time, and consider myself a positive contributor to team discussions.

I’m constantly thinking of ideas to better whatever community I’m working with, and take the time to expound on these ideas after much thought. Lengthy talk page discussions and forum posts have been a norm in my past, as I work extensively on proposals before I put them out (many things in the works xD). I’m also always ready to offer an opinion on others’ ideas in a respectful way. I believe in the power of teamwork, having seen it change things for the better both in real life and online. Teamwork makes the dream work, after all!

If you have applied for staff on our network before, why were you turned down? How have you worked to improve on your previous reason for denial?
This is my first application! Despite being pretty new to the server, I decided to apply because I like receiving constructive criticism to better myself. I’d like to throw my name in the hat this season, because I believe that if given the chance, I could excel in the role of JMod given time. Either way, I’ll continue each day to be the best Helper I can be, and hope to learn from the application experience!

~ spookywilloww

14 Likes

very sexy long detailed application. i do not know you ingame but you seem like a very nice, active person

2 Likes

Hope you get staff

1 Like

Spooky is a respected, well-known player. To bad I haven’t got the time to see what you are capable of as an helper before your application !

Good luck Spooky !

1 Like

+1,

• Amazing application
  • Overall good helper, and you seem like a fun and engaging person to talk too!

Best of luck! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Idk how to rate this app …
Is it good or bad hmmmm

Hmmmmm jk jk +1
:paw_prints: Very helpful to the community and Very active
:paw_prints: Super Friendly
:paw_prints: Very very very detailed App

: One last thing to say

:paw_prints: Gucci.

2 Likes

+1

Hey spooky!
Here are the reasons I’m gonna give you a +1
Reasons:

1. You help out a lot of people in survival, before and after you got your helper rank.
  2. Detailed application.
  3. Super Active.
  4. Well known with a lot of survival players.
  5. Mature.
  6. Has helper rank.
  7. Overall a great person to hang around and talk with.

Good Luck!

1 Like

+10000 SUPER kind, helpful and the sweetest person ever!! <3

2 Likes

Thanks @ShadowLegend27 @FelixC @Aiadeva @Braadley @SkyOwO12 @EpicAwzyLover and @Ayella for the kind feedback! <3

3 Likes

Gosh I’m blind- How didn’t I see this until now xD

Anyways- I feel like you recently got promoted and it might profit you to wait a bit in that position, but that doesn’t change the fact that you are a lovely person and definitely deserve JMod. +1.

2 Likes

I meant to reply earlier to this application oh my gosh!!!

This is most definitely a +1 from me!

You are a very helpful and friendly individual who absolutely deserves this spot! You have been nothing but positive, dedicated, and active on the server and in chat! You have always handled situations calmly and fairly.

Good luck!! <33

1 Like

+1
I haven’t had the chance to talk with Spooky a lot however the few times I have talked with her on ts and in game she has been very friendly and helpful. I’ve also seen spooky helping players around in game various times.

1 Like

+1

spooky is very kind, welcoming and helpful to all players and so far has been doing great as a helper! Good luck spooky :))

1 Like

+1 !!

You’re incredibly helpful to the community and also very active! You always handle situations with calmness and are always eager to answer questions and help players. Also, amazing and detailed application!! <3

1 Like

+1, great person and great application!

1 Like

Thanks for the responses @FlareSox @Skysthelimit26 @TimeDefender @rainbowscribble @ToastyGhostys and @CNVPlays <3 I appreciate it a lot

4 Likes

Spooky is

• Active
  • Helpful
  • Polite
  • knowing of the server and it’s features

+1

1 Like

Great player and enjoys helping out!
Good luck Spooky!!!

1 Like

I’m giving you +1 for the following reasons.

-Nice person.
-Mature.
-Good application.
-Even though you are relatively new to the community I believe the effort that you made to get to know people and get familiar with the server has made you qualified in this area.

2 Likes

Great application, but I feel as though you may be a better fit as a helper.
Things like

I treat them as an equal

Make me think you’ll lack the authority that a mod needs.
Good luck!

1 Like