Smoon's Staff Application (Winter 2020)

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:

Yes, I first joined Munchy back in April 26th, 2020.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:

Yes! I have used OBS quite a few times and am now quite familiar with it.

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:

Yes, I’m connected to TeamSpeak and Discord daily and know how to use both!

Application

IGN: SmoonC

Timezone: CDT

Languages spoken: Mainly English

Server(s) you are interested in moderating: Survival :)

How active can you be per week?

Since I’m home-schooled these would be the times I can be most active, although I won’t be on for some of the hours because of some irl things that I would need to take care of.
Monday - 12pm to 10pm
Tuesday - 11am to 10pm
Wednesday - 11am to 10pm
Thursday - 11am to 10pm
Friday - 11am to 11pm
Saturday & Sunday: 10am - 11pm

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:

I only recall having a few real punishments that were console mutes because I was spamming some of my friends in party chat or direct messages, but I will be more mindful of it in the future :'D. All the other mutes, soft kicks, kicks, jails, bans and tempbans were jokes from staff.

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:

Yes, I have applied last season and got denied because I needed to enhance my communication with people that I wouldn’t usually interact with. I have improved so much since my last application by helping people, answering chat questions and engaging more within the community and shortly after I got offered the helper rank!

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?

My reputation in the community I would say is fairly good, I’m always seen active in chat and contributing in hosting and participating in events, answering chat questions and engaging in conversations with the Survival players. I always put in my full attention in every task I do and I try to make people feel welcomed and at home and if they have any questions or concerns they can always come to me to address them since I would always be glad to help!

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?

Survival is a great and wholesome community that I have grown to love and cherish, it has influenced me in a number of very positive ways and so I would love the opportunity to provide that same positive energy on other people since I do know its a safe place for them too. I have been playing survival for a while now and have picked up on some of the things that are essential to know when wanting to become staff, like resolving conflicts, handling griefs , enforcing the chat rules and answering questions, but overall just being active engaging in the community and having fun!

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?

I would say about a 9/10.
The helper rank has really helped me learn more about how survival gets moderated and it gave me a small insight on how it’s really like to be a mod. I always make sure that chat is not blowing up and that everything is peaceful and in order even when these no mods on. I’m defiantly not afraid to enforce any rules and I’m capable of handling situations appropriately.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?

I would rate myself a solid 6 or 7 out of 10.
A few months before hand I hardly knew any hack names or the basics of them, but now I’m glad to say that I have greatly improved in my knowledge and are now capable to detect most hacks. I have also spent a little bit of time on purgatory watching and analyzing the different hacks people used and it really helped me improve in my knowledge of detecting them.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC

These are some of the hacker reports I have caught on Purgatory, and reported straight away to a mod.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MuLJjMMYNU
https://youtu.be/oybWKvtU4ko

Edit 1: Changing age (birthday passed)

24 Likes

+1 for smoon.

reasoning: bully

2 Likes

+1

• Very nice
  • Active
  • Friendly

Good luck! :+1:

2 Likes

+1 YES!!

Smoon is well known in the community and has done an amazing job as a helper. She became Helper soon after i did and we became quite good friends. She has done an amazing job participating in the survival community and i know that she’d be a great jmod!! :heart:

1 Like

-1 I cant ban/jail her if she gets jmod
Jk

+1

• Active and really nice
  • Helpful
  • Would be a good jmod
  • Good application

Best of luck snoob:)

6 Likes

Massive +1!!
Smoon is such a caring friend and a truly amazing asset to survival! She has always been extremely dedicated and active, and has a very mature attitude! She has been an incredible helper, and definitely deserves this position, good luck Smoonie! <3

3 Likes

+1010101010100101010101010101010

Smoon is an amazing helper, she is kind, helpful, and dedicated.

Can’t wait to see the JMod tag :D

2 Likes

+1
You’re active and very helpful, you’d make a great addition as a JMod.
Good luck Smoon! :slightly_smiling_face: :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

Lies! I never bully :heart:

2 Likes

+1
Good luck with your application Smoon!

Thank you so much for the support ily :laughing:

1 Like

Skdjjdndjdjsnhd I LOVE YOU!!!

1 Like

Wow sabotaging me?!?!?!?!?!?! Jk ty :heart:

1 Like

@Vurm @ZeePog @DrakeOfStars @SierHasArrived tysm for the support guys, means a lot :pleading_face::heart:

2 Likes

-1 smel

But in all seriousness, MASSIVE +1 to this noob, they really proved themselves as an exceptional helper, and I’d love to see what they could do as a proper moderator @-@

2 Likes

Omg nicest thing you ever told me ty :heart:

-1 extremely immature and unkind this shows an inability to keep a stable mind in stressful situations.
called my friend a F***ing idiot after he killed him outside on prison, which is not the kind of person I would want representing this server.

With all due respect this screenshot was taken on prison where I’m not applying for staff and on prison you can say nearly anything you want, keeping in mind that, that comment was NOT aimed at anyone in particular since I don’t even know who killed me how I already said my apologies if that person thought it was aimed at them but it wasn’t my intention.

7 Likes

+1

Smoon has been doing an amazing job as a helper and is absolutely ready for the JMod position. Other than that, Smoon is super active and kind towards every player. I’d also like to say that giving someone a -1 rating for using faul language in a different server is a bit harsh, since this has nothing to do with how the person usually acts (in this case on Survival). Smoon is actually really mature, which totally counters this.

I wish you the best of luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

jdndjehdjen Tysm SERP I hope your doing well! :slight_smile:

1 Like