SMGamer's Build Team Application

IGN and past IGN’s: Current: SMGamer - Past: AlexAK7

Timezone: PST

Discord username: SMGamer#4820

How long have you played MunchyMC?: I first joined on Jan 5, 2019, and have played a few times but I don’t play on servers like I used to anymore. If I need to play on the server more often I’d be glad to join, even every day if needed.

Please link a portfolio of all your most recent build projects: I don’t build on servers too often and I don’t really keep the things I’ve built but here a few things I could find. https://imgur.com/a/jBg0fgZ

Please tell us more about your FAVOURITE and PROUDEST build: It’s not one single build but I helped a lot on a “Disneyland in Minecraft” server. A few of the screenshots I showed are from there

How experienced are you with World Edit, Voxel and other building plugins?: I’m experienced with World Edit and have used voxel once or twice but nothing else

Describe your build specialty and weaknesses (detailing, terraforming, structures, etc.): I’m good at knowing what looks good in a build and whether or not it should be kept. I can also add detail pretty well and can terraform halfway decently. Another thing I’ve learned how to do is copy how something looks from an image that’s not from Minecraft or has a specific shape.

What is your history of building? Which build teams and/or servers have you worked for in the past? As stated above I worked on a Disneyland in Minecraft server but everything else I’ve build has been for myself

1 Like

Hey, you may have join in 2019, but you’ve been SUPER inactive (your stats, see image below)

I would recommend you be an active player on MunchyMC for at least 2-3 months (I doth know how much exactly) for a chance of being considered.
Next up, the builds. You included 7 photos, of about 2 builds. that is not enough. Also your builds lack a lot of detail and styles.

• You’ve also practically never used world edit or voxel sniper. I would recommend Builder’s Refuge if you want to learn to build.
  • You don’t have any experience in building at all. Munchymc is a server that averages about 500 players at peak times. they can’t just hire a person without any skills. Try to apply on smaller server and learn some things here and there.
  • This doesn’t make sense.
  • Do you have any pictures? if so include them in your portfolio.

Now about your application overall, it lacks a LOT of detail. Look at the Accepted Builder applications for an example.

As for your rating, it’ll be a -1 from me.
Good luck in the future.
-CNV

PS Sorry for the formatting; I’m on phone

2 Likes

You don’t necessarily need to be an active player to be a builder, in my case, I was accepted with only one week of activity on the server. This is because you don’t need to know much about the server unlike a staff has to.

6 Likes

Hey, thanks for the feedback!

I’ll definitely check out Builder’s Refuge and will only apply again if I feel I’m ready or match the expectations of the other applications.

And next time I’ll spend more time writing out the application.

2 Likes

Glad I could help!

1 Like

Hey there SMGamer, while we appreciate the application, at the moment it doesn’t meet our standards for new build recruits. We’d love to have you apply in the future once you’ve worked on your builds a bit more. If you do choose to reapply, please wait at least 3 months before doing so.

1 Like