Skill confusion

So i have been thinking about applying for builder and in that case i have read through the accepted and declined applications to see what they expect of you.

But something that is confusing me is some of the builds on the accepted are on a extremely high level of detailing and landscaping and then other still accepted builds are on more average, so basicly i’m just getting confused as of what the build team expects from you (It could also just be bad describing of yourself etc…)

Here are some of my builds https://imgur.com/a/NP7G6Iy

3 Likes

Welcome to the MunchyMC forums, but I don’t know why this would be. Maybe just wait for a staff member to explain?

1 Like

I think these builds are pretty good, but you should add more builds to your application for higher ups to see the full scale of your building skills.

2 Likes

I understand your confusion, look at the most recent ones to get a feel for the expected scale and skill. The level of required skill was maybe lower a year or two ago than it is now. Maybe you also should have a quick look at some denied ones? Your builds looks fine, but include more builds and larger ones. We look for projects and not individual builds (even though that is fine as well). Your terraforming looks good, the water in one of your builds could use some work though, the colours seem random, detailing is allrigh but its hard to see them at some builds. If those builds would have been the application i would give it a +0.3 because its a small scale, few builds, a little messy water but great terraforming. I hope this helped you out and please ask if you got any questions. Good luck on your application!

1 Like

I don’t suggest looking at denied ones, because they were denied for a reason. Do what you want though.

1 Like

The older ones are more average ones because to put it bluntly, that’s when people applied before Skeppy gave us players, and the latest ones that were accepted are the better builders.

1 Like

When you look at denied applications and find onenof your skill or similar to your skill, you know that you should improve

1 Like

that’s true, but I suggest looking at accepted ones more and trying to get ideas that you think would be really good like theirs.

1 Like

Yes without a doubt, but also look at how they answered the other questions, theyre not there just for fun

2 Likes

Well, builder is a job basically.

1 Like

Ya see, if you answer from the heart, your answer is finna be short, and people don’t like short things, which is the only explanation as to why I have no friends.
People will -1 your application because it’s short and you ‘didn’t put detail into your application’ even though you put your blood, sweat, tears, hair, bones, muscles, and a kidney into your answers. Of course their ratings don’t matter, but you ain’t gonna get builder if your application isn’t the next Remembrance of Things Past.

1 Like

There isn’t really a simple answer. The date of the application plays a big part in it. I’d recommend you only look at applications from the past six months or so. Another major thing is where people’s skills lye. For example, if someone is really good at trees but their terraforming falls short, we might accept them mainly for their trees, then we can work with them on their terraforming. Builders are constantly improving. Well rounded builders are what we are looking for but everyone excels in some areas and struggles in others. I hope that makes sense.

1 Like

Thank you so much everyone for the amazing answers.

As i can see in the comments and the newer applications i will need to work on organics and big structures, just need to set up a server so i can get worldedit and voxelsniper since my latest builds (The ones i linked) are made in hand.

Does the score systems that the users give go from -1 to 1??

1 Like

yes!!

The -1 1 scoring system are just to help you with your application. The numbers don’t mean anything.

My application was horrid, but thanks @TheMooingCow took me under his wing during the “Raw Era” and I’m significantly much better.

1 Like