SimplyMelody's Builder Application

IGN:
SimplyMelody

Timezone:
BST (United Kingdom)

Discord Name:
mel#5650

How long have you played MunchyMC?:
I joined 3 years ago, however I was never really active until recently.

How active can you be per week?:
I’d say probably 2 hours per day from Monday to Friday, and 4 hours per day on Saturday and Sunday

Do you have any punishments on our Network? If so, what for?:
I do not.

Please link a portfolio of all your most recent build projects:

Please tell us more about your FAVOURITE and PROUDEST build:
I’m probably most proud of my large-scale fox build as it came out exactly as I had envisioned it. I’m very happy with how I sculpted it with world edit and then coloured it, making it look very realistic. Additionally, I just had a lot of fun throughout the whole process, and it gave me a lot of confidence by the end. I’m also very proud of my village spawn, it took quite a while and I’m not very confident with terrain but was especially excited over how it turned out. Trees are also not a strong point for me, so it was good practise for me. For both the builds, I also put thought into the block palettes.

How experienced are you with World Edit, Voxel and other building plugins?:
I’d say I’m quite experienced with World Edit. I’m very confident with the basics and am able to perform commands with different selection types when necessary. I’m also confident with different brushes. I’m not confident with Voxel and I don’t really use it however I am very open to learning how to properly use it. I also like to use gopaint for colouring my builds, and from time to time, I use gobrush to assist with landscaping.

Describe your build specialty and weaknesses (detailing, terraforming, structures, etc.):
My speciality would probably be animal organics; I really enjoy the flexibility and freedom that can come with building animals. By this, I mean, I can create situations that can convey different meanings and use extreme colour palettes and unique blocks for my builds. Essentially, I can make it as abstract as I’d like. I really like using vivid, bold colours and gradients and think I’m skilled in doing so. I also think I’m decent at structures. My weakness is probably terraforming, I tend to struggle with making the terrain look how I want it to. I’m also not particularly good at trees for some strange reason, but I am seeking improvement.

What is your history of building? If applicable, which build teams and/or servers have you worked for in the past?
I currently have no experience working with other build teams or servers but I think everyone has to start somewhere.

On a scale of 1-10, how well do you work with others? Please expand upon in your answer:
I think about an 8. I’m very open to hearing other people’s ideas and working together to reach the best outcome possible. I find it very helpful to have other people to bounce your ideas off of and to share each other’s creative moments of inspiration with. In addition, I just enjoy being in the company of others in general and it helps when building has been ongoing for a while.

Have you applied for Builder before? If so, what was your reason for denial? How have you looked at improving since?
I haven’t applied before.

20 Likes

+1!

These builds look really awesome and I really think you have alot of potential to be on the build team and hope to see you on it soon!

Good luck!

4 Likes

Nice Builds

+1
GL :)

2 Likes

looks cool
would recommend if you show your full power by just like making bigger builds
+1 cute aswell hmu bro

3 Likes

I feel like I’ve seen some of these builds before, 100% +1 if they actually are yours and I’m just paranoid

2 Likes

After having a chat with you on kit and looking at your portfolio I concluded the following; FAT +1!

• You are kind and from what you told me the builds are all 100% legitimate.
  • Builds are clean which I like aswell.

Good luck!!!

3 Likes

I’ve added some proof at the bottom of my portfolio just to clear up any worries!

3 Likes

Yup +1 gl

1 Like

+1
Great builds! Also it’s good to see that you can identify both your strengths and weaknesses.
Good luck! :)

3 Likes

Application accepted! :tada:

Please contact Mikeal on Discord (mike.#2707) to setup a trial.

15 Likes

i am mcdonalds btw

9 Likes

WOOOOOOO CONGRATS!

3 Likes

WOOOOOO GRATS :tada:

good luck on the trial :D

3 Likes

I knew it, see ya soon!

3 Likes

LETS GOOOO CONGRATS!!! :sunglasses:
Well deserved & good luck! :-)

4 Likes

Well Deserved and Congrats Melody!

3 Likes

Woooooo congrats!! :D

3 Likes

I love seeing nice people get recognised for their hard work. Good luck with the trial @SimplyMelody, deserved and earned.

3 Likes

See you there, Simply. Congrats! :D

3 Likes

Congrats and good luck! :partying_face:

3 Likes