Shiratori_'s Staff Application (February 2022)

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:
Yes, I have joined around the beginning of last year.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:
Yes, I use OBS and I’m very familiar with it and uploading videos. I used to SrMod on a different server for 3 years and OBS was my best friend.

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:
Yes, I mainly only use Discord but I’m fairly familiar with TeamSpeak. I honestly prefer Discord since I’m more comfortable with it but I am open to getting the hang of TeamSpeak again if needed.

Application

IGN:
Shiratori_

Not very comfortable with sharing my age but I am 18+

Timezone:
EST/Eastern Time

Can you use a microphone for an interview?:
Yes, I can use one of good quality. I will be honest, I am sadly a very shy person when it comes to voice calls, it takes me some time to get used to whoever I am in a call with. If it’s required, I understand and don’t have much of a problem with it.

Role you are interested in (Helper or JMod):
Helper (I changed it but perhaps JrMod in the future)

Server you are interested in moderating (pick ONE):
I would love to Moderate the Prison Server!

How active can you be per week?
I’m mostly free, between 10-50 hours or more. On a daily basis, it would be around 3-12 hours. It really depends on my schedule since I am tutoring 3 young kids in a few school subjects 3 days out of a week. Sometimes I get the week off due to the family’s personal schedule. I do get a tad bit busy when I am working with my main job, the hours/work schedule varies. Most times, the jobs last a week+ giving me zero hours to Moderate on the server. Hopefully, this won’t become an issue. I will be able to give a heads up when work is about to start (will be a few weeks from now, maybe months). I honestly don’t have much of a life outside of work and tutoring lol!

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of the story:
No, I do not have any sort of punishment on the server or website/forums.

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:
No, this is my first time applying.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?
I believe my reputation is decent/good with the community but I also did take up for some friends that no longer play at the moment from some harsh words. I can be a bit protective over friends and say something uncalled for. I just have the attitude of “don’t mess with my friends/family”. Besides that, I think it’s going well so far with those “said” players not being on anymore. I don’t handle cyberbullying lightly, I’m sure most people would understand. I understand that if I was accepted, I should “bite my tongue” on some things I would usually say. I would just take a more friendly approach. Can’t be a bad role model for future staff members.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?
Honestly, I was talking to a good friend of mine about me wanting to apply for staff but not being sure about it. He pushed me to just try and see how it goes. Also, I would like to grow as a leader and become a driving force behind building the Munchy community. I would LOVE to ensure that Players have the most positive and fun experience possible (so that Players would be our best recruiters to the server). I would also like to be able to help everyone I can (during my “shift”) by ensuring we have appropriate chat, no bullying, and help ban hackers.

I also want to join the staff team because I will be a great member of the team. I am very nice, compassionate, I care for others even if they are/were rude to me (not really someone that holds a grudge against anyone). I know I will be able to make new friends and keep my current friends and make everyone’s environment a comfortable place to stay and to enjoy our server. As Lil Peep said, “I can keep my cool under pressure” I don’t apologize for that, lol.

People have fun when they are around me and I communicate clearly. I’m also low drama, which I would assume is a plus. I would like to make friendships with every Staff member and to help/assist them in any way I can (doesn’t necessarily have to be a friendship but it would be nice to get to know each and every one of you a little if you don’t mind). I want to just be known as a caring individual with a loving passion for the game, the server, and its Players. I want to show other players that are always asking for help that I am there for them. I want to be “that” staff member, that is there when anyone needs help. I want to help make the server a better place for everyone and bring joy to everyone new that comes onto this server. Personally, I don’t really see that many staff members online besides RedVelvetcake and Joedaboss. Not to make it sound rude, just think there should be a bit more staff for the Prison server.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?
I’d have to give myself an 8/8.5 out of 10 in all honesty. I have been a staff member for 3 years on a different server. I was well known and loved by most (I was just one of the nice staff members that helped any and everyone that needed assistance but I also wasn’t that lenient on punishments, depending on the severity). Maintaining something that encourages open but appropriate conversation is my kind of jam if I do say so myself. I may be a socially awkward person with crippling anxiety in real life but online is completely different for me, as a whole new world. I enjoy chatting and getting to know people, whether they’re new or not to the server. I enjoy helping new players and helping them get the hang of some things.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?
I would honestly give myself a 7 out of 10. I’ve always had some trouble with finding ghost clients but besides that, all is well. I spent most of my staff time catching hackers/ban evaders. I am a bit rusty, I resigned around the middle of last year. From my experience, most hacks can be very obvious and others can be harder to notice. I can show some old uploaded videos as long as the videos aren’t shared with anyone.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:
N/A

~Side note: Hopefully, the colors worked. (They didn’t work so just removed it).
~Wu_Knows helped me with the colors, added them back.

May this Staff application be closed. I apologize for wasting everyone’s time reading this. There has been a change of plans on a personal family matter. I’m going to be really busy off and on for a few months. It’s honestly sad to say this.

3 Likes

+0.99
Jk
+1

2 Likes

Thank you! lol

1 Like

Np :)

1 Like

+1 good luck

2 Likes

Thank you! Really appreciate that (:

+0.7
I have seen you around a few times, though you don’t seem to be as active as others to me which is most likely due to timezones. I’ve also barely seen you talk in chat but according to your stats, you have played Prison quite a lot, so you’ll still get a 0.7 from me :D
Good luck!

2 Likes

ive literally never seen u speak in chat before

+1
You seem really nice, honest, and confident.
It looks like you put a lot of time and thought into this application. This is one of the most detailed applications I’ve seen. I think you would be great for helper because you seem like a very nice and accepting person, who will be kind, but will also stand your ground.
I like that you can acknowledge your faults, but at the same time you still want to improve.
Goodluck!!

1 Like

Add me on Disc I can help you with the colours :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s so sweet, thank you so much! I try my best to be honest and straightforward c:

I sent a friend request, thank you for the offer! (:

+1 Huge Vouch for Shiratori
Professional application,
Already has experience modding on different servers,
Great personality, always helping newer players,
I think she will do great as a helper/jmod
Good luck tori

1 Like

+0.5 active but I barely see you talk in chat

Hii!!! The application is really good, but mind making the black text any other color because some dark users cannot see it? /like me

1 Like

+0.5

The -.5 is because I dont really see you on anymore, it might be timezones.

Detailed application

Experience with prison

Application withdrawn by applicant