SeriousSerious - Fall Staff Application

PREREQUISITE CHECKLIST : (answer the following)

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:
Yes! I have been playing since October of 2018
- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:
Yes, I use OBS to record any clips and I am building a good pc to be able to record quality footage on munchy. My laptop that I have now can record much higher quality than what I previously was able to record(as seen in my hacker report)
- Are you able to download and use TeamSpeak 3?:
Yes I currently have joined the munchy TeamSpeak server

ONLY ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IF YOU’VE ANSWERED ‘YES’ TO ALL OF THE ABOVE

IGN:
SeriousSerious
previous IGN’s: https://namemc.com/search?q=SeriousSerious
Timezone:
Central Timezone(USA)
Server(s) you would like to moderate:
Woolwars or survival
How active can you be per week?
I can be active 1-2 hours on weekdays and 3-4 hours on weekends
Typically on weekdays I will be active from 7:00 pm to 9:30 pm

Do you have any past moderating experience? If so, briefly describe it:
My moderating experience is only limited to being a moderator of a small vanilla survival server with about 20 concurrent players online(this was at least 2 years ago). My role in that position was to inspect and suspicious players using an xray detection plugin(based off how many ores the player mined) and my job was to go around and check if players were xray-ing, and to investigate griefing reports. This role helped me get into the mod experience, however, my experience with anti-cheats was limited to that one plugin.

I have modded and managed several decently sized discord servers. I think that gives me some experience in helping manage a community. I currently moderate a discord community with 75-100 active members(and a total of 600 members) and which has community events quite often.
Although moderating a discord community might not give me the technical skills required for moderating a Minecraft server, I believe my experience with helping to manage a community and how to interact with members, respect members, and punish people accordingly.

When did you join MunchyMC and what made you stay?
My first login on MunchyMc was October of 2018. I joined due to how the server looked in some videos and joined and started playing some games. What made me stay was the amazing and supportive community, Bad’s videos, the awesome staff team who were always helpful, and the fun games we could play.
I would say the main thing I look for in a Minecraft server I’m going to play on is how cohesive

Do you have any Anticheat experience?
I have limited experience with anti-cheats, which is the simple x-ray plugin I mentioned before. I have watched videos including some anticheat clients, and I have seen several things, like a ticketing/reporting system which logs player and automatically detected reports, and I have heard of ban waves on servers like Munchy and Badlion, where it collects data before banning to improve the anticheat system and to make it harder to make better hacks more resistant to the anti-cheat detection system.

Link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:
I can’t find the specific post but here is a video that I recorded and uploaded(I can take much higher quality videos atm):

(looking back on this he wasn’t hacking, my lag was just making his movements seem suspicious so I recorded it just for review, I am better at identifying hackers now)

I don’t have as many hacker reports as I will message a moderator and have them handle the situation as I know a few moderators on the server

Languages spoken:
I can speak English and French

Describe your contributions to MunchyMC thus far?
I am active within both Badboyhalo’s discord and semi-active in the Munchy MC discord. I have made a lot of friends with the players on the servers which I think mutually enriched both of our experiences on the server and with the community as a whole. I feel the communities I have joined have helped make the server a better place by including people and making it more fun to play on the server and join other communities related to Munchy.
I typically play on the server with friends and try to have fun with people in the group and with other people. I try and help out wherever I can, even if it’s just telling someone how to join a server hub.

What is your greatest strength?

-Confidence and Leadership
I think my greatest strength is my confidence and leadership and my ability to get people together to work and talk together. Typically in group projects at school, I can lead the group and keep us on task and work on our communication. I’m also very good at being a leader on the discord server I moderate and making sure people are following the rules. I am also active on discord and occasionally join TS to talk to people and interact with them and generally interact with the community.

-Hard Work
I think am a hard worker and I rarely give up. I try and push myself to be a better person all around, every day, whether it be swimming, school, relationships, my job, or anything I need improvement on or want to be better at.
-Time Management
I also think I am good at managing my time and making sure I have enough time for school, homework, swimming, my job and friends, both online and IRL. I think that will help me manage my stress and be able to be a good moderator both in discord and potentially on Munchy.
-Dedication
I think Dedication is one of my greatest strengths. I have been dedicated to swimming for 8 years, every month, every day. I am very dedicated to my sport, school, my relationships and things I have a passion for, one being this community. I have been playing semi-regularly for a year, but my dedication to this community and my friends has stayed strong through the past year

Comment on your ability to work within a team:

I have had a lot of experience working with a team. I am on my school’s swim team which is around 40 people and has us work together and struggle together in practice and compete together at meets which gives me a lot of experience being on a team and working with the coaches to make the team fun to be on.
Currently, my job is working at a restaurant which requires a lot of teamwork. Communication between my fellow coworkers and the Teamwork and mutual respect we have for each other helps us work together efficiently and with few disputes.
I also have worked with my school’s student council and class councils to help resolve some issues that have been persistent in our school(namely, the cancellation of a very loved club by our new principal this year).
I think my experiences with working with groups and teams

What is your experience and knowledge of hacks?
I used to play on an anarchy server(without hacking myself). I saw quite a few being used on the server as well as on servers like MunchyMc and Hypixel.

• Killaura: The most common hack I have seen in PvP, the player has a “forcefield” where they automatically hit players in range(usually an extended range) without having to turn their head.

• Speed: Allows players to move faster than they could using a normal Minecraft client. This is usually used in conjunction with:

• Bhop: Used with speed, allows the player to jump around, giving them speed and ability to nearly fly around another player at high speeds

• Xray: The hack I primarily dealt with on my time as a MC server moderator, allows players to unfairly find ores and players

• Auto Soup: Automatically uses a soup without the player having to do anything when the player is at low health

• Autoclicker: Allows the player to click without them clicking the mouse, enables players to click at unnaturally speeds

• Fly: Allows the player to fly without permission, can be used without any items, or items like Elytras, boats or horses(EntitySpeed)

• Regen: Increases health faster than the normal Minecraft client allows

• Criticals: Allow a player to hit criticals without jumping(tells the server the player is jumping a tiny bit to achieve critical hits)

• Spider: allows the player to climb walls

• Blink: Client delays sending packets to the server, allowing the player to “teleport”

• Auto-Steal: instantly steals items from a chest(There is a kit on woolwars that allows this)

Thanks for taking a look at my application and considering me! Sorry I’m getting this in so late and hope everyone is having a great night. Happy Halloween!

My discord username is Serious#6969. Thank you for considering me!

1 Like

-0.5 | I play WoolWars everyday, I’ve never seen you on before. Best of luck at any rate!

1 Like

-0.5 We’re probably the same time, yet I’ve never seen you on survival and I’m on a lot, but this could be because I usually play until 7, but in your case I haven’t seen you on even when I play late.Good application though. Good luck!

1 Like

thank you! I mainly play woolwars and haven’t played surviv lately. Still love the gamemode though!

Hey! I’ve never seen you on any of munchy’s platforms. Good luck though!

1 Like

Application denied. We feel that you currently don’t meet the requirements for staff. We hope to see you apply again in the future!

1 Like