Scamming, and trading

Its been 3 weeks since map 7 has started, and I must say the outside map is awesome and inside map is great, but they’re is one thing thats missing. Trading, like what went through dreams mind to remove trading, it just increases the chances of people getting scam. You want to trade an item for the item, the player will just argue for 30 minutes until they can’t be asked and just drop it and get scammed like bro wtf. Do you guys want people to get scammed? Obviously this is my opinion. I know they’re are discords out there such as napkins trading discord but it still doesn’t give you that 100% guarantee you wont be scammed. So please add it back :slight_smile:

• Reintroduce trading?
  • Keep it how it is.

0 voters

2 Likes

I like that you have to watch your steps prison because u can get scammed, but i just end up not trading unless i really trust someone.

terrible idea don’t suggest voting

The point of removing it is so you Can get scammed. It makes prison more interesting and tricky.

1 Like

Sounds like mad cuz trading with scammers

Trading was removed because we want other players to do it the old fashioned way. Prison isn’t meant to hold your hand and make everything easy for you, and this is the direction I want to continue moving in.

Fall damage, pvp zones by mines, outside pvp, lockdowns, gold rushes, no easy trading GUI, no double press q to drop rares, these are all things that exist to make prison what it is- a prison. Things aren’t easy and you’ll need to get rares to make it easier.

People scamming, trapping, hunting, insiding, are the things that, in my opinion, make MunchyMC prison what it is.

Additionally, a trading GUI makes it so that none of the experienced players ever get scammed and only the newer players who haven’t realized or been told about the trading system get scammed, and this is the opposite of the dynamic I want to see. People need to have some skin in the game and a more interesting dynamic of risk and reward, how much do I trust this person? What will I lose if they scam? How can I get back at this person? I feel the trade system simplifies trading to a 0 risk task rather than an interesting gamble that can change the social dynamic of the players as some people show they are trustworthy while others start scamming.

Hopefully that helps explain the reasoning behind this change.

5 Likes

lockdowns are useless if u can just DISCONNECT anywhere during the grace period tho

not logout, disconnect.

Scamming has been a part of prison for a long time, and removing it was a bad decision, so adding it back is a step in the right direction. Scamming is part of prison.

2 Likes

in real life prisons, they don’t have /trade they gotta smuggle shit in their ass and put some trust in the other people… adding /trade back is a horrible idea… scamming makes prison prison.

3 Likes

No, faris, it should not be added back.
Prison is for people that want to live risky. If you don’t like risks, go to survival.
Prison is for the ‘hardcore’ players if you will. I refuse to let this feature come back into the game just due to how much I personally despise it.
Not only does it let you easily trade with no risk, but during any time at all, you can right-click a person just like that, you know their identity. This will make scumming people especially hard. “What the heck I almost just died in that gold rush- who attacked me?” goes up and right-clicks whippingcream “WTF WHIPPINGCREAM I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS” etc etc…

3 Likes

I’d like to have a normal rare item called “Soap”

literally hated the trading method because of, like ariesgrill said, being able to rightclick players and see their name, or how you literally couldnt scam anymore, or how prison was basically turning into OP prison

If you want to have that, there are mods out there that make you double press q.

Sounds like you are suggesting a macro?

Nah, trade system being removed really expanded on the potential game strategies you can use in prison.

Don’t make a trade if you feel you could be scammed. If something is too good to be true, it probably is.

That’s not a macro whatsoever? I don’t think you understand. There are mods that won’t drop your item the first time if you lock the slot or item. They make you throw it out the other way. I don’t know where you got macro from? No automated steps involved here and a lot of big non hack clients have it.

Oh the way you wrote it made me think like that, I mean who wouldn’t by

?
If you were to write it differently, like “If you want to have that, there are mods out there that make you have to double press q.”
Just because it’s part of a non-hack client, doesn’t mean it is not forbidden, as minimaps are forbidden in a lot of features they have, except the map showing from above.

1 Like

I mean can they really punish for it? People can just change their key for dropping to a different key on the side.

They can punish if they want to. If you’re using a mod the server doesn’t like then you’re banned.

This reminds me of a modification from a German youtuber.
Crafting Keys
This mod allows to craft a diamond sword very fast, like clicking on a recipe in the crafting book (1.11+) except with the limitation to have to remember the recipe to execute it twice as fast.
The developer uses the Q,W,E,A,S,D,Y,X,C keys as the left hand crafting grid and Tab for dropping items and T for inventory.
This modification is forbidden in survival games and other game modes, where crafting can be seen as part of competitive gameplay.