Resignation - RawPorkchop's Finale

Hey Munchies!!

Over the last 4-5ish years since Munchy opened, I’ve had the privilege of working here as our Build Team manager. It has been such a great time, words cannot begin to express how I feel about leaving. Getting to know the many amazing and talented builders along the way has allowed me to learn about different people all around the world. Leading this team is such an honor, and I will miss every builder I’ve worked with on completing some amazing maps. The community here has grown over the years, and I’ve enjoyed playing games, hosting events, and building maps for us to play on.

I can recall back in the old MCPVP days playing with my best friend on Hardcore Games, making traps and all. I never really thought anything of this game other than it was a fun way to pass time. After joining Munchy, and taking a real passion for managing and building, I learned how amazingly complex running a server really is. I never considered applying for staff at MCPVP until 2 weeks before it closed, and unfortunately never had the opportunity to lead. Munchy gave me that chance, and I am grateful.

The builders I’ve met while running this team come from every corner of the planet. I am so grateful to have known these talented people, not just in building on a block game, but having such creativity. Minecraft has been a tool to express our creativity, and these people are the most creative I’ve ever known. I’d just like to make a few thank-you’s to some of my longest builders that have made an impact on the way I managed, and perceived this team; @TheMooingCow, you are probably the oldest builder on the team. The memories we’ve made together will forever last with me. The fun times we had building maps, the frustrating ones as well, when even the times we disagreed you always had a compromise. I hope the best for your future endeavors as a person and a builder here. @_Gonzo, you have always been honest and blunt as possible with my builds, and I have always appreciated that. You are a great builder, and I hope to continue to see your builds here on Munchy. To every builder that I’ve worked with, from applying – interviewing and then finally building with, you have given me an experience I wouldn’t have been able to gain any where else, thank you.

To the staff here at Munchy, I couldn’t have asked for a better team to work with. All the admins have made working on the build team enjoyable and I couldn’t have received better oversight than from BadGuyHalo himself :smile: Calladad, I’m going to miss hearing you pee in teamspeak. AntMan, you have always been there to help me when I need admin stuff done for build and Thunder, your support has motivated me countless times to keep up my godlike managing skills. Warlocks, I know you’re not an admin (yet), but you are a great moderator and a role model for the new recruits, keep climbing friend. To every staff member, I am going to miss you all greatly. This has been a very fun experience, and you all are a great bunch of people to work with.

As for the build team, I have put in my recommendations for a new manager, and I am hoping that the team will continue on providing Munchy with some great maps. Our most recent map for Prison, to some of our older maps for KitPVP and even down to our retired maps from gamemodes that don’t exist anymore; I cant wait to log back on and check up on the team. Build Team applications are scheduled to reopen this November.

I wish I could thank ever single individual that I shared great experiences with, but that essay would take way too long to type up here. So to everyone here that makes Munchy work, I will always have a special place in my memories for you.

~ RawPorkDude :yellow_heart::blue_heart:

Build Team Roster
Apply for the Build Team
19 Likes

:frowning: Pork
You are a huge part of this community sad to see you go man :frowning:

Feelsbadman

1 Like

rip :<

1 Like

Cya Pork :frowning:

The maps the team made are amazing and I am so greatful for them.

2 Likes

Goodbye Pork, you’ve done so much for this server and we can’t thank you enough for it.

1 Like

THAnk you for everything you will be mised :frowning:

1 Like

Cya my guy

1 Like

You’ve been a crucial part in the development of Munchy, sad to see you go :frowning:
Have fun out in the real world
P.S We still use the arenas you built in the event world dw

3 Likes

Peace man, I wish you luck with wherever life takes you! :rocket:

1 Like

Best wishes to my dinner :sob: I’ll miss you a lot Mr. PorkChop. You’ve made my staff experience better every time we talked. You’ve help shape this server with the amazing builds you have done, along with managing the build team.

So from all of the community, I think it’s time we say Thank You! Have an amazing life, and I wish the best for you!

Take care and keep in touch,
-Warlock

2 Likes

Bye Raw :crying_cat_face:, thanks for all the great memories on KitPvP & I wish you the best of luck in the future!

4 Likes

@RawPorkchop, thank you for the years you have dedicated to Munchy. You ran the Build Team with efficiency and passioin and you’ve proven yourself to be a strong leader and excellent project manager. Good luck to you in the future. You’ll be great at whatever you choose to do. You will be missed here. :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

<3

2 Likes

Fly away at god speed you magnificent bastard :frowning: .

2 Likes

I wanted to say my goodbye but I couldn’t really find the words until now (I still can’t) but I felt like you were one of the easiest people to hang out with, although unfortunately I don’t remember any conversation between us we could’ve been good friends :smile_cat: Judging by how good you were holding tournament position here it makes that statement clear. Heck, you could’ve taught me how to be a building genius :pouting_cat: but yes I bid you farewell and I hope you hone these skills in your real life.

You will be missed :frowning:
Byeee