Reset Ideas

Hi all Just your Friendly Neighbourhood Robot.
To all who have seen me around Hi and to others who haven’t Nice to meet you.

Iv been playing on Munchy for a long time now off and on and have recently discovered the Survival Server and im relay Loving it. and i have come across a few things that might want to be thought bought before the reset (Im super excited to have some villagers back).

1. So this is for before the reset. i think it would be fun for either the week before or just the day before the reset to take a save of the server and then open it up as a Anarchy survival server (No claims, TNT and greifing allowed as we wont be able to return to our stuff after the reset) i think it would be a fun way to say good bye and move on to the next server.

2. Remove Phantoms: Phantoms are just annoying i know they have there use in repairing elytras and potion making but until there is a way to sleep them away that works they are just a pain.

3. Economy: think the current economy system is flawed right now as a diamond is worth less then gold… and most things sell for 1G or nothing at all. maybe having a spawn market for basic items could fix this problem but it needs to be addressed.

4. Villagers: villages are an impotent part of 1.14 due to there changed mechanics and rare trades and right now the server dosent have any or very few left for players to use. so maybe there should be a protected village that costs Gold to use and access so players can always get to mending books and those items (i think the villagers in this village though should always be mad at the player so there prices are increased thus still giving players to make there own villagers and do it on there own.)

5. Mob Stacking: This is just a personal thing that i think should be addressed and only for Tropical Fish as its been a huge pain in making my current aquarium. so as of now tropical fish stack into a single fish and it docent matter that they are different species and name tagging the fish dosent work so can we just not have fish stack please.

Thanks for reading and i would love to read other ideas and other players thoughts on this topic as well. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

arent phantoms apart of 1.14

1 Like

Although I only come on survival for about 10 minutes at a time everyday, I’ve never seen phantoms. Regardless, I agree, remove 'em!

1 Like

No, they are part of the game, just like Baby Zombies now also dying to the sun or that entering a village with the bad omen effect triggers a 7 waves raid. Besides, you can prevent them from spawning by laying in a bed for a split second every few minecraft days, however, that doesn’t mean, that they will not attack you, when someone else nearby hasn’t slept for a long time.

Gold Nuggets don’t exist?

It’s not like you can make your own with weakness and 2 gold apples to get an empire of villagers…
But what you might want is custom trades using a datapack for the villagers to trade with gold instead of emeralds without having a command block manually spawn such a villager at the same spot.

1 Like

Yeah, but every single person online has to go to sleep at the same time in order for the night to pass. That’s not gonna happen.

1 Like

Gold nuggets have been a thing for many many updates

2 Likes

Problem with removing phantoms is just that there would be no way to repair elytra in an anvil and no way to get slow falling potions. As much as they are annoying they are useful.

Good idea not very thought out

Edit: to remove phantoms just take a snooze at night it removes hem

1 Like

Heya Nekendo!

I love it when people make posts like this! Some good suggestions here bud. :+1: I’m glad you love the server, I love it too :stuck_out_tongue:

1. Sounds terrifying but fun. I’ll suggest it and see what people think
  2. Yeeee, we’ve heard that lots of people are not that keen on the flying sky demons ;) Don’t worry, we’re on it.
  3. The economy is in kind of a weird place at the moment because so many people have maxed out on gear, etc. When it resets it should go back to normal.
  4. I see your point, but because the mining world (at /warp portalroom) resets every couple of weeks there are always plenty of unclaimed villages in there. You just need to explore a bit. It means you need to remake any farms, etc, but thats how the end and nether work too.
  5. Noted. I’ll mention this too. Dolphins also always despawn which makes me sad::cry:

~ IB

1 Like

Every single person has to sleep to pass the night, even a datapack is able to skip the night, when 50% of the players are sleeping, however, simply interacting with the bed will reset the sleep timer, that is required for the phantoms to spawn in the first place. (together with direct sky access above the player)

3 Likes

Yay Thanks IB
i just wanted to make a post on the anarchy idea but added some extra.
your doing real great work on the server as a mod
:slight_smile:

1 Like

I am honestly not a fan of the griefing/TNT idea. I would actually love that mods or BBH himself make a video showcasing everyone’s work before everything resets. Though I am sure they can’t get everything, but I think that is more community memories than blowing everything up lol.

OG adventure maps from 8 years ago feature the ability to blow up the world with a bit of tnt. (3-8 Stacks)

i agree 100% maybe do a map save just before the greifing begins so the server is still intact.

Honestly I would love that idea like if bbb comes on the server/announces on his discord that he’s showcasing survival builds before the reset so people can get online

Maybe even something different like not resetting but making a new 1.14 survival server

Not sure if I understand what you’re saying but if I’m right about what I think you’re saying, they said after the reset there’s still gonna be an archived version of this current reset that people can still play on

This is only natural for any server with building allowed, assuming otherwise is just wrong.
The OpenRedstone has reset recently, like 6 months ago, and have put their 1 TB world to download.

yeah i know I was just following up on what Yeaman said and answering his question