Release Map 7

In Map 2 I got killed in the wood mine using a rare item, that breaks multiple blocks at once and you couldn’t get anywhere without entering a pvp zone, not even a longer taking alternative was made.

Was it a challenge though? A challenge to cross the zone without having a pussy way of getting across such as my warps. <— which aren’t that bad, just kind of a pussy way of getting out of trouble. I liked map 2 cause there were challenges everywhere. Gold rushes were in every mine - good luck afking at a4 waiting for the mine to reset. Lock downs made it so only cells and spawn were protected for what 2 minutes? They were so fun.

You are the first person who FULLY understands what I am saying. Like legit mind reading me.

Well when map 7 has about 3 admins working on it its bound to take a while… a little longer… or even a bit longer… (There’s a reason why all the people that started the map kinda just left)

people leaving the map is called the map dying… because it’s taking too long.

1 Like

To be honest, they should just do a standard/stock prison map starting map VII. Don’t add anything new without HEAVILY testing it, cough cough farming. In my opinion, map II was the best map because of the hardcore nature of it. When you found an ultra rare it was a MASSIVE help in whatever you did. Now with items like vineyard or hob sack it makes looting too easy. If you are able to find 3 ultra rares and $500k in one right-click, that should tell you it’s too OP. I do understand the fact that it is a very hard item to get, but an item with an ability to loot chests automatically shouldn’t exist.

I also feel like the outside world is way too easy. Mobs are never a threat, except wolves in the first hours of a map. As for the actual world outside, I want it to be concurrent with the theme of old maps (Which I don’t know if it’s still correct) the “Undead” take over the outside world while the remaining survivors flock to a prison for safety. The outside world should look completely destroyed and in ruins, which is what map II managed to pull off. Also, I don’t feel like the current map is a very good fit for prison. It feels way too crowded, and since it’s a VERY commonly used map, everyone knows where the best looting spots are.

If they were to re-use the world from map IV it would definitely be a step in the right direction. Personally, I enjoyed having the massive world to explore. There were always new locations to find and possibly better looting areas. With that in mind, it leads me to my next point. I don’t like the idea of having 2-3 insanely good looting locations, or “Famous Spots”. These are just locations for players with vineyard, or similar items, to go and like I stated above, right-click to receive $500k and 3 or more ultras. With the size of Map IV’s outside world, it seemed like there was much more distance between looting spots. This kept the players always on the move to the next location after looting, which at that time would certainly take longer than it does now.

After everything I stated above, I would like to say I have always enjoyed prison. The work the admins and devs put into it is truly amazing. I hope this helps.

EDIT: Another thing I forgot to mention was: crates. A reason that Map II’s start was so well done, was because crates didn’t exist. Players couldn’t P2W their way to first place within the first week. Without a doubt, crates should be disabled for the first week of the map. This will help with SOTW and the longevity of the map. Think of it this way, if a player finds all the necessary items to get to a decent ranking without having to go outside, where’s the risk?

3 Likes

I’ve never thought of it despite it being such a simple idea. Disabling crates for the first week might be a stupid idea in Dream’s eyes, as crates help the server, but honestly, I agree with you. Crates are overpowered, even normal crates. When they were released, it was something new, but okay. (Normal crates by the way). Legendaries in crates were VERY rare. I myself have only ever gotten 4 or 5 in crates from map 2 - 4. Ultras were pretty damn rare in map 2 aswell, not as rare in crates I believe, but still pretty rare. Crates are fine. Let me talk about special crates. So if I’m not mistaken, it’s a 10% or 8% chance to get an ultra from a special crate. (Depending on the crate theme). Imagine this map’s players multiplied by x No. of players who joined late this map, and average out the amount of players who buy crates in abundance, and are willing to bust their bank account for some ultra rares. PUT THAT AVERAGE TO USE FOR NEXT MAP’S PLAYERS, AND HOLY SHIT ARE THERE A LOT OF EM. Dream doesn’t need that much money in the start. As far as I’m concerned, he’s being paid well with all this YouTube shit going on. The first week is when the most people join, and the least people quit. After the first week, I am sure the chat won’t see another day solely from the buycraft.

I fully agree with you. Buying crates on the store, being disabled, brings a whole new factor of “good luck p2wing”.

If Dream follows through with this, I’ll stop my bitchin’ till map resets.

1 Like

I think that the crates made a pay to win aspect. I agree this was over powered. I do not think their should be a way to buy these crates.

Ehh, you are wrong about the youtube thing.
His channel blew up already before he could even apply for youtube creator and is still not approved, because this takes like 6 months.
In other words, he got nothing but fame.

Well, I know socialblade is wrong a lot of times. I don’t know for sure how it works… but:

Lets say, he was verified. Lets say, for the entire year, he averages these views. That means, he would reach an average of about $275k a year. (Socialblade is wrong a lot of times I know.) But, what the fuck.

Socialblade can’t be your only source of information, watch dream’s statement of going above the 10 mins mark and the resulting insults as well as the accusations of getting money already.

I have no problem with Dream capitalizing on this opportunity to grow his channel and possibly make money. However, with the growth of his channel it obviously will affect the speed and possibly play-style of prison. I do have good hope in that Varm and the other admins/devs can finish this map and make it great, but like I said, it definitely took a toll on production when Dream’s channel popped off.

A quote from Dream, “Everything is pretty much done other than the map.”

2 Likes

LMAO! That seems like something dream would say.

Same, but like you said: When dream puts his channel before his server, there’s a fucking problem.
Then, is when I have a major problem.

But both are more on the side of his free time, he doesn’t get money from the server to pay his bills.

I don’t understand what you’re saying there. He doesn’t get ENOUGH money from the server to pay his bills, or he doesn’t get money from the server to go towards bills?

The server and youtube are both in his free time, his actual job has higher priority.
Once he has built his youtube channel up with the ability to monetize his videos, he might get more time for the server.

His job, is coding. He makes genuine thousands STILL this late in the map. Not to mention what bad pays him.

1 Like

I am new, and do not know about the previous maps. That being said I don’t think its fair to blame development, release dates, and production time all on one person. I am sure the MunchyMC team is hard at work to get the next map out, it’s not like they don’t want release a new map or make us wait. Just be patient. GG though I am having a lot of fun with prison.