Questions About the Survival Reset

I just returned to the server after a couple of months of hiatus from it, and I have since learned that survival will be reset. This has left me with many questions about the specifics of the reset. I have tried to research the answers on this forum, but it seems that information about the reset is rather limited.

My first question is, will anything besides claim blocks carry over to the new world? For example, but not limited to:

• Inventories
  • Backpack Contents
  • Enderchest Contents
  • Gold
  • Exp

My second question is about us keeping claim blocks. Is that just unused claim blocks, or will we be able to keep claim blocks already in use, as a refund when the reset happens? My largest claim is over 100,000 blocks by my estimates, and I have bought 90,000 claim blocks from the store total during my time on the server. I will be disappointed if I have to remove those claims right before reset and lose 10% of those claim blocks to keep them.

My third question is about the mall stores. I have a store rented in the mall with rent paid some amount of time in advance. Will any existing store ownership transfer over to the new world (assuming it has a mall too), or will it be a free-for-all to see who rents all the stores first?

My fourth question is, will we ever be given a definite specific date as to when the reset will happen, or will it just happen one day without warning? I want to put up signs on my builds for spectators to read once the current world becomes a spectator world, and there may be other preparations I’d like to make right before the reset occurs.

These four questions are the only ones I can think of right now, but I may have more later. I’m sure I’m not the only person confused about a lot of this, as this will be an enormous change for everyone. Thanks in advance to any staff who are able to answer my questions.

First Question: Inventories, Backpack Contents, Enderchest Contents, Gold and Exp will not carry over to the next map. A limited amount of claim blocks should carry over!

Second Question: Since most long-time Munchy Survivalists have thousands of claim blocks, there will most likely be a cap that comes into play. Reason being is because if we allow players to keep most of their claim blocks, (in this case 100,000) most of the map will be claimed within the matter of a couple weeks. That is why the claim block cap will be quite small.

Third Question: This is one question I cannot answer. There will be a new mall, and a new map, so I assume rented shops will not carry over. This would also provide new players with a disadvantage if they wish to rent a shop, considering most of them would already be rented out. But you can always ask a Moderator, just in case!

Fourth Question: There will probably be an announcement on the forums regarding the survival reset before it takes place, Be sure to keep an eye out on the forums! :stuck_out_tongue:

If you happen to have any other questions, feel free to reach out to me or a Survival Moderator!
-Crypt

3 Likes
  1. Nothing will transfer over, I am not sure about claim blocks.
  2. Free for all.
  3. There will be a date, but it hasn’t been announced yet.

First question: Only claim blocks
Second question: Not sure, but I think only for unused ones?
Third question: I don’t think it transfers, since gold is reset and stores cost gold.
Fourth question: Most likely a sort of warning or announcement a few days before the reset if not it would be REALLY sudden.

Heay Pega!
Long time no seeeeeeeeeeeeee :upside_down_face:

The server is indeed resetting. In fact, it was supposed to reset at the end of last month but unfortunately we’ve been a little delayed because of some unforeseen issues. Its all very exciting though. The newsletters for the past few months have all the info thats been released so far about whats happening and whats being added.

Crypt has done an excellent job of answering your questions so all I can really do is confirm what hes said.
1 - Nope, just claimblocks. All stats, invs, bals, etc will be completely reset.
2 - The amount of claimblocks will be capped at a certain amount to make it fair on new players (though as far as I’m aware we havent quite decided what is happening with purchased claimblocks, so bare with me on that).
3 - The new map will be a blank slate, so nothing from the old will be transferred over. The new mall will be completely new and if you want a store in it you’ll need to rent one
4 - We’re hoping to release a date soon, but yes, there will be an announcement. I will personally make sure its plastered everywhere :joy:

Glad to see you back! Missed ya :purple_heart:

1 Like

I think I got an idea for the purchased claim blocks;
After 2 weeks have passed, the purchased claim blocks get back to their owners like normal claim blocks, but only when they are offline, till every purchased claim blocks have returned.

I might as well put my question here, will places like the Nether or the End be reset as well? just curious.

Yes…

1 Like

Thanks IB! I’m glad to be back. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: