[QUESTION] Are Beacon beams allowed to be used in WoolWars maps?

Asking as I’d like to really know, if you take the precautions, and not let players get ahold of the blocks that are used to power the beacon, would it necessarily be allowed to use beacons and their beams in WoolWars maps?

1 Like

Now a normal tier 1 beacon takes a specific ore block to power it. This is not allowed as you know but I would probally take extra precautions when using this.

The short answer would be yes, but I wouldnt recommend you do it as it may be used in a glitched manner of some sort. If you want to include a beacon in your map, you must protect it in 1-2 layers of barriers or bedrock (anything indestructible), you should also cover the top beacon block with a piece of bedrock as the beams are able to surpass this block yet this will restrict the player from breaking the block.

Summary:
Yes, its allowed but please protect it with the maximum amount of protection.

Have a good day!
(Any questions located to me can be directed to my discord)
Bearaddo#3068

2 Likes

I believe so as the map “Cosmos” (I think) has an active beacon. However, if possible, I recommend using emerald block as the base as those can’t be used for armor.

Edit: I just checked this post, and according to the post the map mentioned does have an active beacon (which uses emeralds for the base, which can’t be crafted into armor).

2 Likes

@Bearaddo Thank you for the response! Will do.

@Ironnose True! Thanks for the advice!

3 Likes

As long as it doesn’t cause lag or have any effects, it should be fine? Thats just a guess tho

5 Likes

I researched it a while ago, but unless its around 50+ beacons, it does not cause lag badly.

1 Like

How many beacons are you planing to add LMAO. Watch your map just have like 49

3 Likes

use emeralds to activate them

2 Likes