Purgatory needs more attention

Sorry, but purgatory will never be actively maintained. It’s designed as a fun little gimmick of our server and not more than that. Development and even bug fixes are not worth the effort because the server is neither profitable nor does it have a substantial player base (as by design).
By the very nature of purgatory, there will always be cheaters on there and people will complete tasks by cheating. So be it. They will always be re-banned anyway if they continue to cheat. Of course, I am not saying that we want people to cheat on purgatory. And sure, sometimes a moderator will be on purgatory to ban someone. But even that is hardly a valuable investment of time because it does not serve the MunchyMC community more than a negligible amount. I personally believe that a mute on survival for example will generally do much more good for the community than a ban on purgatory.
Maybe in the future purgatory will receive some sort of a revamp to address some major issues, but you should not expect any sort of efforts to actively maintain the server.

I know that there are a handful of active purgatory players who actually enjoy the gamemode. But it’s just not in the interest of our overall community to invest any sort of time into purgatory beyond the bare minimum.

11 Likes