Purgatory [Jan 2021] Quality of life changes

After like a year, I came back to Purgatory to troll with Legend rank and have been having a lot more fun… dangerous for my health fun.

Spawn
The Spawn is destroyed and every banned/adventure player is annoyed by it, to fix this I propose to instill the same system like on KitPvP, make the spawn area get overwritten with the spawn area from another world every restart of the purgatory server. (but get the dimensions right, I don’t like how the spawn area is partially overlapping to the outside area)

Inventory
Currently, players can get items into their inventory through the troll menu, get banned, and still have the items in their inventory. I propose the same system as above for the inventory; a separate world just for the survival inventory, if a player that is not banned join the server, they load their troll inventory, if they are banned or do /adventure, they load the inventor of the separate world.

Cooldown Visualized
When I play trolls, I combine them, but they have different cooldown timers.
I propose to see the timers in the side-bar or in the troll menu as item quantity.
In both cases, they can be displayed with 30 and then tick down when they really have only 30 seconds or less left.

Credits
At the bottom of the troll description, add a line of text to credit the idea giver of that troll, please.

Customization Options
Add CustomModelData to each troll item with individual numbers for duplicates like the two flint and steel.

Collision Rule
It’s annoying me that I get pushed around in Troll mode from other Trollers and players in general who don’t play in 1.9 or higher. I propose the change of the collision rule for only the Trollers to “pushOthers”.

Trolls
I have lots of new troll ideas, some might be behind a paywall, some might be for free.
I see trolls as they are, imperfect, but combined make trolls that can potentially kill or edit the map.

Wither (Soulsand) (CD: 180s)
I heard the wither is going to get removed from WW, so the first Idea on this list is ‘The Wither Spawned On You’ troll.
The Wither spawns as if it got built, the spawn point is just like the TNT, right above the victim, but also just like the TNT, it despawns after the explosion. (unless a name tag is put on it)
Paywall: Elite?

Roof on you! (Cobblestone Slab) (CD: 30s)
I have seen many victims try to escape TNT in the pit or other trolls just by stacking up; I want to stop them just a little bit.
A cobblestone roof of 3x3 spawns right above the victim.
Paywall: Normal or Super.

Foul Apple (Golden Apple) (CD: 120s)
There are trolls that can help the victims in their quests; this troll is in the guise to help just to do the opposite.
The apple contains Saturation 10, Hunger 2 (0:30), Weakness 2 (0:40), Wither (0:20), Glowing (0:05), and Bad Omen (5:00). I wasn’t able to create a command for this, anything I tried didn’t work.
Q: Why Saturation? I thought this is the opposite of a good apple.
A: I want to balance it, so the victim might consider consuming it the next time again.
Q: Why Bad Omen? There are no villages.
A: Just in case of there being one, it is faster to destroy it with a raid.
Q: In a previous answer, you said they might be considering it again, but the hunger is still there.
A: Hunger will not take anything when you don’t move, regenerate, or in real life breathe.
Paywall: Super or Elite.

Groundhog (Golden Shovel) (CD: 15s)
Just like in KitPvP pulls the victim all the way out of the air 1 block into the ground.
Paywall: Normal.

Block Alignment (Glass) (CD: 30s)
I don’t know if it will ever get used, because when I want to align someone, I push them unless they’re in 1.8 or below.
Spawns Barrier blocks, only replacing air, liquid, and plants, in feet height around the victim to force their position to a single block, for 1 second. For this, I suggest the use of ghost blocks, because they don’t alter the terrain and therefore don’t cause the liquid to flow differently.

Drain (Sponge) (CD: 60s/5s)
I believe the Sponge is going to be a very often used Tool for me, because of its secondary ability.
When used on a player, all water buckets turn into normal buckets in their inventory.
When placed, it will stay in the world for 0.1 seconds and won’t drop anything when it gets broken.
Paywall: Legend.

I’m here! (Diamond) (CD: 90s)
Forces the victim to face the troller and stare into the invisible eyes for 5 seconds, or when clicked in the duration on a block, forces the victim to face that block.
Paywall: Super.

Bunny Hop (Bunny Feet) (CD: 60s)
The distance between the troller and the victim is the distance the victim will teleport towards where they are looking to.

Random Teleport (Spectral Arrow) (CD: 180s)
Teleports the victim to a random safe location in a radius of 150 blocks outside of spawn.

Explosive Pickaxe (Stone Pickaxe) (CD: 240s)
Gives the victim a rigged pickaxe that makes the block they mine explode. Has 5 uses.
Paywall: Elite.

Human to Mouse (Shulker Shell) (CD: 45s)
Summons an invisible, unkillable, no AI having Shulker into the victim’s head and follow them like this.
The victim gets forced to crawl for 5 seconds.
(If it doesn’t work, use a boat with 2 invisible armor stands riding it.)

Perks
I have been thinking of some perks.

Toggle Autotroll
Trolls played by the server are a bit annoying sometimes, so what if donors could turn them off?
The /adventure command will expand into /adventure help and /adventure autotroll.
/adventure will retain its original function and trollers can still play trolls.
(always on for banned players regardless of their rank)

Spectate
KitPvP has it for years, I don’t know if Purgatory has it, but I do know /spectate doesn’t work.
Grants the ability to switch between Troll and Spectator modes.

Should I color all my topics from now on?
  • Yes, I like it.
  • No, and I don’t want to use noSquintPlus to not see colors.

0 voters

Ps: This pink is what I see almost all text on Munchy Forums get changed to because of an add-on.

4 Likes

Cries in colour blind :slightly_frowning_face: At least I’m not red green colour blind like a loser though :)

8 Likes

I’d say maybe use a more eye-appealing color like dark blue or purple.

4 Likes

I think this is a good idea, it does get fairly confusing which troll the timer is referring to.

This seems a lot like a current troll, Mole.

If the item is a Spectral Arrow, 1.8.9 users wouldn’t be able to see it. I think that this troll is actually not a troll, but is helpful to the players who are banned.

All the other ideas I think are great! The color is nice, although it is a little bright.

Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

Yeah, the Mole troll teleports the victim 5 blocks down, and the Groundhog troll teleports the victim from any height one block into the ground. This is especially thought for the fly hackers, or for those that are walking on obsidian with lava below. ;3

Munchy has Viaversion, the main reason for the different versions of Minecraft clients to even join the server. Versions that don’t have the Spectral Arrow will display it as a normal Arrow, same with tipped arrows.
Also, it forces the victim out of spawn to a random location, unless it ports to the bridge it is not helpful.

I recommend the use of the Dark Theme

1 Like

haha any other time I’d be using the Dark Theme, but I was using the Light Winter Theme because I put it on before the Dark Winter Theme came out

3 Likes

As much as I like your ideas, I doubt there’s going to be any time where the developers have free time to dedicate into Purgatory - As it does not require any updates to make it ‘interesting’, and no one really wants to make it ‘interesting’.

I feel like the main focus right now should be towards working on the actual Gamemodes on Munchy, and I personally wouldn’t feel comfortable with having a cute developer dude sit for hours and even days making features for a gamemode that is meant to serve as ‘torture’ for players who were banned, and that isn’t very popular but is just a side hobby for the main gamemodes’ players.

3 Likes

Please only use colours to highlight text, not on an entire post. Otherwise I may need to restrict your access to them.

4 Likes

But 12 people like it.

3 Likes

Colours are for highlights, not for entire walls of text.

2 Likes

What if the whole text is in one color and is used again to highlight it?

2 Likes

It’s still really hard to read

4 Likes

Who need eyes anyway?

8 Likes

I agree

1 Like