Pulp's Staff Application (January 2022)

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:

Yes, I have been an active player on MunchyMC since December of 2018.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:

Yes, without any issues.

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:

Yes, I am competent with both.

Application

IGN:

Pulp

Follow my NameMC while you are there! :D

Timezone:

EST

Can you use a microphone for an interview?:

Yes!

Role you are interested in (Helper or JMod):

JMod

Server you are interested in moderating (pick ONE):

KitPVP

How active can you be per week?

I work a fulltime job, so my schedule is set for that. But I will make up a schedule of when I would be free to be online.

(All times are in EST)

Sunday : ? - ?
Monday : 5pm - 12am
Tuesday: 5pm - 2am
Wednesday: ? - ?
Thursday: 8pm - 12am
Friday: 8pm - 12am
Saturday: 6pm - ?

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:

Yes, I have one serious punishment, which was back in 2019. I bhopped for fun, quitting the server with a group of friends. I regret my decision and bought an unban less than a week later. This occured on my old account “golfa”

This was long ago, and I have learned from my previous mistakes, and I have had no ban or mute since that date.

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:

(Before reading, I am very vague in this message for the reason that I want to keep this private!)

Yes, I have been a previous JMod. I sadly lost my role in this position due to making mistakes. I have taken nearly 9 months time to reflect on my demotion, and better myself for this role. Within this time I have had to reflect on my demotion, I have learned to improve on what I did wrong. I stayed in the community trying to be as helpful as I can this time.

I apologize for my previous actions, and they would not happen again.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?

Reputation is a very hard question, you could never know for sure how someone feels about you. But for the most part I believe I have a very good reputation within the MunchyMC community. I will always try my best to provide the best experience possible to the players around me. Whether it be inviting a new player to my clan, greeting them to the server, or buying a player elite who really wants to use different kits and host events, I enjoy going the extra step to make someone’s day. :)

A very recent experience with this I came across was inviting a new trial builder to my clan when he was new to the server. Introducing him to some friends and clanmates, trying to get him to know the family community this server provides.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?

I am interested in this role for the main reason being my dedication for this server. I log on everyday hoping to see my friends and hoping to make their days better. My motivation to apply this staff season is to bring the best experience possible to the kitpvp community, to get rid of cheaters, and worse, or just to help make someone’s day. I was also previously staff on here, and I genuinely miss staffing on Munchy. After my rank was taken away, it became a lot more clear that I really loved staffing on Munchy, and I would love to have a second shot at it.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?

9/10

I have multiple past experiences with dealing with communities, including the MunchyMC community. I am known here, with most players being a friend of mine. And know how to handle most situations thrown at me. I believe with confidence I am able to moderate this community without a struggle.

I did not rate this a 10/10 because I always believe there is room to improve, and learn better ways to handle situations.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?

8/10

I am rating myself a 8/10, for the reason being there are so many hacks in this game, that you never know what you are coming across. There are a various amount of cheats, ranging from really easy cheats such as fly and kill aura, all the way to much more closeted cheats such as autoclicking and velocity.

Overall, I believe my ability to catch cheaters/hackers is pretty good, and I would have no issue handing out the punishments accordingly.

Some common and easier cheats to detect include;

Kill Aura
Fly
B-Hop (Speed)
Anti-Kb
No Fall

(The list can go on for days, I didn’t feel the need to give an explanation because these cheats are common and widely known).

Some of the harder and more difficult cheats to detect include;

Auto Clicking - *As it says in the name, autoclicking is a cheat that pretty much clicks for you. This cheat is hard to detect as a normal player due to the fact that there are no visual changes to players who autoclick.”

Velocity - Velocity is a cheat that makes it possible to modify your horizontal and vertical knockback, which players often use to lessen their knockback. Depending on how modified a player’s knockback is, this cheat can either be easily detected, or a lot harder to be detected.

AutoSoup - As it says in the name, autosoup is a cheat that automatically soups for you, in which some automatically refill for you as well. With the right observational skills, you will be able to detect this cheat a little easier than the others.

AimAssist - As it says in the name, aimassist is a cheat that heavily assists your aim. This can be modified to make you lock on to you a player, or to only slightly assist with your aim. In which I also believe with the right observational skills, this cheat is detectable.

Reach - Reach is a cheat that gives you an increased and modified amount of reach from where you can hit players from. Depending on how modified, this can be an easy cheat to detect, or difficult. But of course, just as all the others, with the right observational skills, you will be able to detect this cheat as well.

In general, I believe that detecting cheats isn’t entirely dependent on the anti cheat, although it can help a ton, I believe that cheats are still detectable with mere observational skills. Of course in some cases, this can be really difficult to do and will force you to rely on the anti cheat.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:

I do not have any public reports created. I file all of my reports through DMs.

Thank you to everyone who read through my application! Feel free to leave your comments down below. :slight_smile:

Edit: Added a missed line between questions.

22 Likes

+1!
I am aware of your demotion, however I do believe people can change, and you were an excellent staff member before your mistakes! As well, you still do seem really nice so I’ll keep my +1 :3

2 Likes

+1

Great application, easily one of the top candidates this season, and just amazing person overall. Already has experience staffing on Munchy, very active, and I may be slightly bias, but that doesn’t deny the fact that he really is suited for this position. Good luck :)

3 Likes

Pulp’s Application is a very easy +1.

Not only have I seen him and experienced him being this amazing and kind person first hand, but he genuinely does try to make everyone’s lives just that much better, and really does go the extra mile.

As for the demotion, everyone deserves a second chance. I have witnessed him grow over the past 6 or so months I’ve known him, and he is honestly one of the most caring and thoughtful people I can think of. With a load of experience under his belt, I see no reason for him not to be welcomed back to the MunchyMC Staff Team. Good luck as always.

3 Likes

+1
Pulp is already experienced.
He is very active, mature, and kind.
I feel Pulp is a great candidate for this role.

Best of luck Pulp!

2 Likes

+1

This one’s a no brainer, pulp for staff or riot

2 Likes

+1 :+1:

2 Likes

plus one

1 Like

@Craftifyer @Moriyama @Quakiy @iNateCo @EggNogg @iceylight @zaldrex

Thank you all :)

+1 stated by @Moriyama @Quakiy and @iNateCo

+1 stated by @Playercount

GET THE DUB COLLIN LETS GO???

+1 uwu

1 Like

+1

• Mature
  • Active
  • Helpful
  • Experienced

Mature. Well-known. Not very active, could be timezones.
Good luck

-Jutal

Orange juice without you is bad, so +1

1 Like

@Playercount @AltyF4 @McDonalds @JimboTheDaddy @squidward552 @Kybz

Thank you !

+1
Pulp was different back then but seeing him on recently and how he interacts with the community it shows the difference and how he has improved in such a significant way, showing how he has changed. That as well goes for mistakes happen he should bee forgiven for those mistakes as he would make a great improvement to the community and support many others.

GoodLuck Pulp wish you well!!

1 Like

+1
gl!

+1!

Pulp has already previously been a JMod so I have no doubt that he will do good again.
He’s mature, knowledgeable, and is always in a state to help people.
Pulp is a great candidate for this role!

Good luck Pulp!
1 Like

@SatL @RedShift42 @DutchMTC

Thank you guys :D

2 Likes