Prison overview (thoughts and opinions)

The following post is written entirely by me, Glouriousday but holds the ideas and opinions of all of my friends, Icantcombowombo, Isaac1214, Saladbutter, Kami, timidly, napkin, etc. Sorry if I didn't write your name its not meant to hurt you.

TBH I'm writing this post due to the insane amount of issues with this map as a whole and how to better increase the player count and longevity of maps to come. I hope this post will not be removed like how dream removed my last post criticizing one of his maps. Since Red seems to be in lead this map I hope he can take the criticism.

Icantcombowombo's main points are as follow - Enforce better rules, better advertising, Balanced Economy, Balanced Items and  to become more Beginner Friendly. 

Enforce Better Rules Currently the server is a rather toxic place. This is meant for anyone as I know how much of a piece of shit I can be, typically the main arguments are between Potential and literally anyone else. We, our group, feels like there should be some set rules in place to increase the positivity and decrease the toxicity of this server as I personally find it disgusting to look in chat and randomly see people calling others “fats", telling them to “KYS” and espicially if I look into chat and see someone talking about their cm on items and other people. The server’s population has a majority of underage people so to allow someone to say "I’m cuing all over my ultras, I’m so rich”, "my items are drenched in … you get the jist of it. Its f**king disgusting to see that in a chat mostly filled with minors. I hope that there are some set rules in place to prevent this from happening in the future so less people who may be new to the server will not have this as their first experience and would hope to return again.

Better Advertising Let’s be honest, the server is a great idea, custom items in a pvp format with mining and events. Its great and pretty freaking cool. But the fact is that there is little advertisement when a Co-Owner and the main Owner of prison is the most popular current Minecraft youtuber yet does not advertise or play on his own server. When is the last time someone has seen Dream be on his own server. Idk I just feel like better advertising would lead to more players and a larger more diverse community which will help people enjoy the server more in the long run.

Balanced Economy and Items I feel like it shouldn’t have to said that certain items are broken and thus breaks the economy. There are items in crates that you have to pay with IRL money for that are worth hundreds of millions. Killer grin, until recently, could randomly 2-shot people in full mafia. Hopefully in the future items are created with counters and escapes to them to prevent someone running around in a Vold Skull pvp set running away when their items are on cooldown and then comboing with no hit delay. Combo would like the economy to be less “expansive”, in essence he finds it ridiculous that people have billions of dollars. Getting to Prestige 15 in one map shouldn’t be possible. First off a map shouldnt last long enough for this to occur and second one person shouldnt be able to make 60-70 mil an hour just from mining. When numbers get that high it may be impossible for a new player to ever compete with players who have played longer.

Beginner Friendly This server is one of the least beginner-friendly servers I have ever seen. Having tens of items to keep track of what they do by only knowing when someone makes a forum post on the exact use of each item would shy many players away from the idea of joining the server. Maybe after the first week an item is out the description of that item changes to show exactly what it does. This could be to promote the mystery of getting a new item whilst also making it easier for newer players to understand what stuff does. Also the main way to start when new is to go outside and get some items before returning inside to mine and such, however the outside is a terrible place where getting even just an ultra means entire gangs target you and thus making it harder for anyone to start getting traction on their progress. Even if a player makes it back inside they will most likely be mining with a miner’s pick which can only make maybe a mil a month if you spend a normal amount of time on the PC. This makes it absurdly hard for new players to get anywhere as they have to deal with the massive gap between their bank and the bank of people such as Shoblette or Trap.

Prison Break Prison Break is probably the best thing that has happened to this map as I have stated in previous posts. It’s such a refreshing format that can be very fun most of the time. I wish that Prison Break had multiple maps and more balancing in looting and items as sometimes this becomes a problem. On the prison break map the West side has a clear advantage in looting spots with 3 “secret” locations which lead to those players becoming stronger typically. The balancing of loot is that sometimes you can go 30 chests without finding an better sword than guard or even pants. Maybe each chest is guaranteed a potion of some kind, an armor piece, a weapon, then one random item. This may help how sometimes in Deathmatch no player has strength and fights can go on infinitely if a player has Luna Sweater. Please also remove Battleax or nerf it. It’s so broken in PB and in general.

In review, this post is just meant for basic ideas on how the server can increase it’s player count and help with the longevity of the server as a whole. I hope that this post will not be meant as confrontational and wish for only the best for Munchymc prison. But please stop updating this map and start a new map. Having maps released at set times like 3 or 4 times a year would be amazing and have cool new things to try every few months. These were my friends and my ideas and I hope that people will continue to share their ideas with how the server can grow and change. Thanks!

7 Likes

I’d say more like 2-3

Great ideas @TheRedVelvetCake @Varmetek @Antfrost Please listen to him.

It would also be worth while to hire ANOTHER coder for prison as every prison map release since like Map 4 or 5 has been delayed. I’m not saying that Varm doesn’t do a good job I’m just saying I think he needs some help. Take last map for example. Varm was all alone and the map was 10.5 months long.

3 Likes

Y’know I’d probably have a ton of robes if back when I was looting I didn’t have a fricken 12 year old with a hack client harassing me constantly… every day. And every day nothing being done about it, even though this was the same guy who last map abused a glitch to steal items from people’s cells, causing a rollback which didn’t even fix all the damage 'cos of last map.

And this guy still comes back to cause problems daily and it takes ages for him to get banned because we just aren’t sure if the guys who mod faris and talk with him in vc and play with him on hypixel and insist that it’s all ok because he never ddos’d anyway are gearing him or if the new guy who just mysteriously already knows how to play and immediately tries to piss off established players and run around killing everything outside is faris… Every player on the server knows who faris is long before he ever gets banned.

How about trill “mistakenly” getting fabled crates after being given crates because one of them cried about how “unlucky” he was… and reported a minor a glitch. I remember reporting a gamebreaking problem which was destroying the economy and lagging the server out every 30 minutes and getting nothing?

And yeah, billions of dollars is ridiculous, it’s so ridiculous the blackmarket’s aren’t even equipped to handle amounts of money that large. Also ridiculous the rarity on certain specials, which have abilities that you don’t really stand a competitive chance without. Like, finding out an item is SO RARE OMFG doesn’t get me stoked. It just lets me know in no uncertain terms that tenacity will not be rewarded, only pure dumb luck and a fat bank balance.

The whole outside PVP situation is a complete mess of power creep that’s all made completely redundant anyway by the requirement to pay for peace passes to loot compounded by the lack of mobility items, and the map was tiny… and too flat and dull. Sorry blocker.

Farming once again has become an absurdly strong moneymaker, with things like EB mouth (absurdly rare crate special again)

Also frustrating is no one ever sells or trades anything anymore. They’re all demanding 200 dollars for mafia. I understand that allowing irl deals through buycraft makes the server cash while allowing players who cant buy ranks for whatever reason to earn one ingame… but it also means that the guy with the most cash hoovers up all the best items.

But what’s tipped me over the edge is the fableds.

Why? There’s like half as many rares as there were last map. There was no need for them because everyone isnt kneedeep in legendaries thanks to things like vineyard. Infact the only decent looting rare is so ridiculously rare that in this entire time it was only found once… last night.

Putting the fact the economy doesnt have enough rares for fableds aside, this is just gonna make power creep situations even worse.

Tbh I’ve just been waiting for this map to end this point, but the release of fableds makes it clear it’s gonna be dragged out longer, and with all that’s gone on beforehand this map… faris and ddosing and extended radiuses and huge unwarranted egos going round, I honestly don’t have the patience for it anymore. This update didn’t excite me whatsoever, it’s just frustrating to think about getting more items for however long they keep being released for until this sorry map finally finishes.

Ik I’m being pretty negative here, and there were a lot of good things about this map and a lot of things that were done well.

But this is why I don’t feel like playing anymore. It’s been a long time coming.

8 Likes

prison is trash towards the end of the map they start running out of ideas so they go back to previous ideas they had in previous maps. I say end the map in August release in September innit x. don’t make us wait until December again just cus u guys want bus money

I don’t want another map where I have school. They have a decent bit of time if they start working hard they can release it in August I’d bet lmao.

cry about it we don’t care what u want also they probably haven’t even started on the new map I bet they’ll start in October and then rush it to push for Christmas when all the 12 year old gets their yearly Santa pay cheques

very t r u e

I agree not entirely, but for the most part. Yes, it would be nice to see Dream back to his roots, and also a great opportunity for content for him. Not that I want the server to turn into a Dream-fest or anything, I didn’t even know that he had created the server when I joined it but rather just joined it through MunchyMC, which I knew for BadBoyHalo, lol.
About the toxicity, some of it is inevitable, and for the most part I do like the maximization of the freedom of speech on the server. However, there are some major cultural problems, especially with the rise of a gang literally called Toxic gang, which has half the server on it. Interestingly, the player count has significantly increased since its rise, from well over 100 consistently at peak hours to hardly ever touching 80, and from as high as 80 as late as midnight eastern time to less than 40. And you can’t say that its leader - a power-hungry, greedy, and heartless digital tyrant who literally spends around 16 hours on the server per day inducing Stockholm Syndrome in his cronies and doesn’t seem to have much of a life - hasn’t broken any rules. He abused the speed glitch a second time and yet was somehow allowed to buy out his temp ban, which you aren’t supposed to be allowed to do. There are ultimately just mods sucking up to him despite his impact on the server, for some reason.
About the map length, 3 or 4 times a year is too often, not allowing people to progress much and setting people back too often. However, it has dragged on too long. Maybe a map every 6 months?
And I think that there should be some OP items that you can work towards, but definitely some of them are just blatant p2w grabs with absurdly rare chances that increase the server’s hierarchies, such as the boss staff, the Easter bunny mouth, and basically the entire criminal update. And I haven’t been able to get on for the new update, as the internet is down here and I’m honestly just using cellular data to type this, but from what I heard, the fabled rares are just far too elitist, to literally dwarf legendaries. You-know-who is gonna get his goons to grab him all of them and then brag about it, for sure.
For prisonbreak, I think that you should be guaranteed to have some sort of sword in a chest within 10 blocks of your spawn point. That way you can get straight to pvp, but also have a chance and not just pure spawn luck. Also, teaming should be banned. It would be hard to enforce, and you can’t just make people always fight and so you couldn’t ban truces. But stuff like exchanging items, or travelling with each other and proceeding to engage in multiple blatant multi-v-1s as a clear team, should result in being kicked from the event. How you do in the event should not be determined by your connections on the server.
Overall, I agree with most of your points here, but I do think that in reaction some of it has gone a bit far. I mean I get it, I went a bit far in reaction the other day on the server and I paid the price for it. But yeah, this server needs to do something about toxic gang and get itself together.

I really wish this map would end. The amount of flaws it has is overwhelming, while the quality of the map is underwhelming.
I quit the first month the map released, and about 2 months later came back. Even whenever I had the best mining item at one point, all aspects of the map seemed dull. Nothing about this map has the glam that all map 4-6 has given me.
As said, bringing back prison break was a great idea, but the teamers and absurd items has ruined it. Map 4 prison break was a lot more balanced just because the items themselves were already balanced, unlike this map’s items (according to others).
It’s really sad that this map bored me so much that I felt i had to completely quit the server. Everyone knows I used to be on 24/7, now I haven’t played in months.

also please do something about the horrendous chat, it’s annoying.

Just end this map, imo it’s too far into a hole to be brought back.

3 Likes

Honestly that’s a great point too…

I’d to love to say I’ll miss my friends on prison but like… most of them already quit months ago.

1 Like

The points are entangled.
Enforce Better Rules is entangled with Beginner Friendly.
I know 3 players (a former idea panel member included), who put prison rules above forum rules.
Even a Moderator fell for the phrase those 3 preached on the forums. That’s not beginner-friendly.

This is contradicting the phrase they preached. (and probably still are preaching)

Now to Beginner Friendly alone.
I already made Raredex get added to prison, but my original intention would have been beginner-friendly. Guess they don’t want to have new players, who are new to the game-mode, only those who have experienced prison on another server. (or in my case, have the general sense of prison)

Enforce Better Rules
Dream approves the toxic behavior because it is allowed in a real-life prison, but a real-life prison has its inmates there for years, toxicity in a real prison is not as present as on MunchyMC Prison.
In a real prison, toxicity comes only up as the start of a fight, the result of the fight is +2 additional months added to the sentence for both inmates and a few weeks in single cells without going outside.
This punishment equals griefing on a server that has the prison plugin and /prison TheGriefer 2d.
The prison plugin makes the player have to stay online for 2 whole days without going AFK as punishment. (not 2 days as one online session, but a total of 48 hours playtime)

1 Like

Last map you could do 100m in ten minutes lol.

1 Like

I don’t think last map was tagged as “more hardcore and prison like”

Not at all. I was stating how last map it was even more op so hopefully it is a step in the right direction that this map isn’t as bad.

1 Like

bad ideas

This is honestly so accurate, the fact that munchy allows people to publicly be as transphobic/homophobic as they are WITH NO PUNISHMENT WHATSOEVER is ridiculous and needs to change.

Agree.

YES!

1 Like

ummm no it doesn’t. people are openly racist and say the n word constantly in chat and no one cares about that. prison isn’t for eight year olds and if you get offended from someone calling you a tranny then you need to hop off. dream made being toxic allowed on prison for a purpose.

something called being muted for “being overly toxic”

+1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1

If people want Better Advertising, then Dream has to comply with Enforce Better Rules, because it doesn’t fit the image he has built on youtube that when he advertises Prison, he will be associated with toxic behavior.