Potential kit buffs

Bouncy and glider are unquestionably the strongest kits in the game. However, most other kits don’t seem to match them in strength and fall far behind. Today i will be discussing some of my ideas for buffs for the other kits in the game

Greedy - Gain an enchanted gold ingot, upon right click randomly loot a single chest on the map (cooldown 60s)

Healer - Spawn with a bonus instant health 2 potion

Knitter - Spawn with a pair of shears, these can be right clicked to instantly break all wool in a 5x5x5 radius excluding the block the user is standing on (not including unbreakable wool) cooldown 30s

Pyro - All your weapons gain fire aspect 1

Speedster - Gain a sugar that can be right clicked to gain speed 3 for 7 seconds (cooldown 60s)

Tinker - Removed fireworks from laser, the laser will now go through blocks and damage players within a 2 block radius of it.

Vanish - If the vanish cloak is not used during the game, automatically trigger it when the player reaches 1 heart

Vast - Wool is now built in a rainbow

Vision - IDK man just remove this kit imo

Engineer - TNT now travels in a straight line, upon making contact with a player it will instantly explode.

Glider - enderpearls deal their damage through fall damage (proved due to glider reducing pearl damage) as such Glider will no longer be disabled due to enderpearls (after next nerf)

Pufferfish - The pufferfish now has sharpness 20 and knockback 50

3 Likes

both overpowered as heck imo

3 Likes

I mostly play the knitter kit, so I’m gonna only comment on that for now. I feel as though knitter kit is a very solid kit that is only countered by a couple of others, one of which being glider. However, I feel like knitter fills a niche purpose and doesn’t necessarily need a buff.

1 Like

Greedy

This seems like a fun idea! My only suggestion is that it should only loot chests that haven’t already been looted.

Healer

Good idea!

Knitter

You seem to be creating these buffs doing what many others do and using bouncy as the standard for a balanced kit, which is fine. However, if that’s the case then I personally don’t think knitter needs a buff.

Pyro

I think this would make the kit overpowered. It would also render the flint and steel given by this kit redundant. My suggestions are make the flint and steel unbreakable and make fireballs more powerful

Speedster

Good idea!

Tinker

Good idea, but I think tinker could use a bit more after this. My idea is to have the laser ignore armor.

Vanish

Good idea, however I still think the kit would be underpowered after this. Also, it should probably be like 2-3 hearts because otherwise people could go down to like 1.5 hearts than get hit once and die.

Vast

Or remove the ugly colors from being used (gray, light gray, white, black, brown). Also I think the cooldown should be removed to make the kit a bit faster with its ability. Also, either the infinite blocks must be added back or the name must be changed to “bridger” or something.

Vision

Some ideas I have thought of for this kit are:

• Make the player name a brighter color when the compass is used because it takes me forever to find out who the information given is referring to.
  • Give it a splash blindness potion on kill that would last for about 3-5 seconds.

Engineer

TNT at 1 block from a player with no blocks in between would do about 8 hearts to someone in full iron. And with the way the TNT works now, it would already be quite easy to hit a player, and it’s made easier by the buff. I feel like this could work if the TNT did less damage when thrown (about 40%-50% should be good) and had a small cooldown (3 seconds should be fine) between throws. I also think the red stone given should be buffed as the whole point of this kit is to make traps.

Glider

Good idea for after the nerf happens.

Pufferfish

No pufferfish is already the most OP kit.

2 Likes

leave puffy alone :triumph:

6 Likes

Interesting idea

Seems boring

Way too strong. A different idea I had, however, was to include an item that when clicked creates a 3x3x1 wall of wool in front of you.

Also way too strong. Something that has been suggested in the past is to buff fireballs by making them deal more knockback akin to bedwars. This would indirectly buff pyro.

I actually really like this idea!

I don’t like this buff because it would create an annoying kit. An idea that’s been tossed around recently that I like is to have the laser remove all player effects(including kits) for 10 seconds. Not only would this be a fun addition, but it would also bring bouncy down a peg.

Interesting idea, but what happens if they die before they reach 1 heart?(Player is at 2 hearts and gets hit with an iron sword while wearing no armor)

Bring back infinite wool and we’re good👍

A good buff to vision that I’ve been suggesting for a while would be to remove the compass entirely and just have other players’ health displayed over their head(only vision would be able to see)

Engineer’s tnt is currently bugged and doesn’t work. Fixing this bug would at least allow us to test the kit and go from there.

Glider doesn’t need a buff

Sharpness 20 is too weak. Sharpness 80 is where it’s at.

3 Likes

It already works like this.

They mean after it gets nerfed

As I said before, baboo is already OP.

2 Likes