[Poll Party] Survival: Content Opinions

Heya Survival Munchies! I’ve been accumulating a list of potential changes/additions for Survival and would love your input. Feel free to comment on any poll idea below to let me know your thoughts in greater detail :heart:!

Is the current difficulty in survival in a good spot (easy) or should it be increased? If you think it should stay as is, vote Easy!

• Easy
  • Normal
  • Hard

0 voters

What do you think of the current kits? They are all plain iron tools/gear at the moment.

• I think they’re fine as is.
  • They could be better! (comment how)
  • I don’t even use them… (comment why)

0 voters

Do you think there should be higher enchants for gear and tools? Ex: Fortune V or Unb X

• No
  • Yes

0 voters

Should players be able to withdraw claimblocks for trade/sale?

• No
  • Yes

0 voters

Should the spawn rate of Phantoms be decreased? Currently there’s a chance for up to 6 to spawn in one night.

• No; they drop a useful mat for repairing elytras.
  • Yes; they are a menace to society. (how much of a reduction?)

0 voters

Would you want PvP event area(s) in Survival? Ex: keepinv arena, PvP maze, Event-triggered Wilderness areas with PvP and lots of loot.

• No
  • Yes (feel free to comment suggestions!)

0 voters

Would you like a Carnival/Social Area for Survival that contains minigames and a lottery system similar to Hub/Prison?

• No
  • Yes

0 voters

Would you like Global Effects to be introduced to Survival? Ex: Global EXP/Gold/Claimblock boost

• No
  • Yes (comment more global boost suggestions!)

0 voters

Welp, that’s all for now; thanks for participating!

5 Likes

heyo, so im gonna give some thoughts i have right now about the ideas )

Difficulty: I think everyone agrees that its really boring to fight mobs, they dont even scratch you with iron armour. a higher difficulty leads also to higher tick rates, but that is something for another topic :slight_smile:

Kits: I dont even use them, for myself i dont see there something that would be any use for me. i have my diamond tools and they work perfect. so i never use them, but what could help is a small /food kit, that gives you once a day 2 steaks and 4 apples. could be pretty nice if you run low^^

Higher Entchantment: So there is a little problem about that. If its free for everyone its kinda bad because people would go nuts with it in my opinion. Especially Fortune could be a danger, that should only be available though events. So people will be more forced to interact with each other and dont die of boredom :smiley:

Claimblocks: This is actually something that i can clearly say: AFK farming will get horrible. Here a szene what i see if you can withdraw them:

Person A has 3 Minecraft accounts, he uses one for building and 2 for farming claimblocks while being afk.
Person B has only 1 account and cant be productive like Person A.
I know people that play together which this so they can expand faster, but i thing it could also lead in selling claimblocks which is econemy blowing because you get it for being online :confused:

Phantoms: I would remove them in generall, the idea was good, but i hate them even with my ++ /fly privilege :smiley:

PVP Events: Oh yes please i wish for that. cause of the lack of PvP in generall, people getting bored pretty fast. Event Areas where you can turn it on/off would be the best way to make survival more attractiv in generall.

Carnival/Social Area: The Idea is pretty neet, but i would preffer that play from survival build the buildings. The Community has so a bigger impact on the server and can also create more funny games then :slight_smile:

Global Effects: Im honest i have literally no idea where this could be going. So i wont vote on this one because i dont know the impact with playing on other gamemodes from munchymc^^
EDIT
So i was thinking about it and well, i have to say if we do it for survival we need to give the other players on other gamemodes something similar. People on KitPvP could say its unfair that they get stuff just because they’re online. I think if it gets implamentet, we should make something for everyone^^

So that are my throughts so far, i excuss my bad grammar and writing, but i have to say english is not my first language^^

EDIT i just got an idea for maybe an event that could happen: Raid-Boss
Lets say we have a Castle, in there are 10 floors, in every floor are monsters that are only a bit stronger then the normal ones (aplly effect strenght 1-2). When you hit the 10 Floor, you meet the boss that could be everything. A Giant, the Enderdragon, the Guardian with underwater fights and so on.
The Bosses gets also some effects so that they are stronger.
What that could be is like: More Health, more Strenght, more movement speed, splitting itself…

i know this sounds a bit over the top, maybe even hard to implement it, it was just in my mind when i throught about an event that could maybe become something^^

2 Likes

Hey Sesaline,
i love the ideas a lot and have some toughs on them.

Difficulty: at the current stage of survival everyone has the best diamond gear with amazing enchantments so maybe you could introduce a boss like enemy in a arena of some sorts (since the wither is also not a challenge) . also the difficulty should change to normal for the new players who don’t have that gear to also have a little challenge and gain some pve experience.

Kits: i don’t think the kits should chance a lot maybe a little upgrade but then it ruins the true survival experience of starting out with nothing . (i personally use them only for a hoe when i don’t have 1)

Higher Enchantments: As i mentioned in Difficulty i think the bosses could drop some cool and new enchantments so that they would still be rare but not impossible to get. if you can get them to easy then they wont be any special and don’t really change the survival experience.

Claim blocks: i don’t think that would be a great idea for some reasons .

1. it could destroy the economy.
  2. the afk farmers could get too much claim blocks and ‘grief’ with them like claiming houses or other things that haven’t been claimed
  3. i actually like the way that we gain claim blocks right now as it rewards the players that are more active and also give a welcoming feeling when joining the server.

Phantoms: just remove these from survival as i don’t think anyone likes them.
of course that would also take the phantom membrane away but maybe they could be sold at the store in spawn for some gold.

PVP Events: This would be really fun and entertaining for the community as i think we all get bored a little bit when we max out. As you might have known there are 2 arena’s that i helped build in Gh0st town because we got bored and we had a tournament yesterday with a lot of people from the server and they enjoyed it all a lot and it was very fun.

Carnival/Social Area: As i’ve told in pvp events we have also build some arenas and the feedback from them was really good. so without a doubt i think this would be the number 1 go to for a lot of people to hang out. (great idea)

Global Effects: I don’t really know what you mean with this but i was thinking of it like XP weekends or 2x gold weekends, that would seem like a great idea to get more activity on the server and have more fun with everyone.

That is what i think about it.
hope you like some of my ideas and implement them in the server.
give some feedback if u don’t like them so that i can improve with my ideas

3 Likes

This has been brought up among staff when talking about transferring claimblocks! I see why it would be of concern but the reason why I don’t see this as such a huge issue right now is because players are already using alts to run multiple afk farms. You can also buy claimblocks with gold, which players can trade. If a person has an alt at a pigmen farm that generates 4k+/day the impact is much higher than one person with 3 alts afking for passive blocks. Gold is 1g:5blocks as well. If anything is blowing up the economy it’s pigmen farms lol

As for kits… you mentioned that you don’t use them. If they aren’t being utilized then they are not very useful, especially for ranked players who are usually pretty well off in the game and have no use for iron anything aside from maybe salvaging it every 10 mins. If the gear was bumped up to diamond with some basic enchants then players would likely use it. The cooldown could be greatly increased to once per x amount of days.

If the players made the social event area, it might be a bit out of control. Spawn already has several empty homes that could be used and the build team may even be able to whip something up for us which looks uniform and already has all the redstone required in place. Playermade and run event areas can always still be a thing too.

They have events and a rotation of free kits. They also have event team members specifically for hosting and giving away free ranks and such. Prison has constant events and OP custom gear. Idk about woolwars but I imagine it has its own things going for it as well. Survival is pretty well suited for adding in a bit of everything in event areas to spice things up!

I like your idea for a mob tower! Things like that go in-line with the idea of wilderness areas with stronger (custom) mobs and juicy loot! Just to clarify, I’m not saying all of this to sweep away your thoughts on the matter, but more to get a conversation going so we can all find a good middle ground. Thanks for all your suggestions and concerns; i’ll be keeping them in mind!

1 Like

The iron tools and armor could use a buff. I paid for a rank and I expected a lil bit better. But another suggestion I have is that event rank should carry over to survival. Maybe they could host events for claimblocks/items.

1 Like

If/when we get events, automated or otherwise, I agree with them carrying over if the players are active on survival. Like my jmod status doesn’t carry over to gamemodes I am not active on so for event I can see it being similar !

I dont know what your on about the mobs. Around haloville those things can kill you in 2 hits. It may just be the player activity but the mobs are difficult enough.

did you have armor on?

SLIMEFUN

/pvp for anyone who wants to pvp outside safe- and pvp areas. (spawn and claims are safe areas)
KeepInventory Arena will be very popular.

Paper Mario’s HappyLuckyLottery system comes to mind. (daily basis)

I voted yes, yet I have no idea of how to increase gold gain passively.

Maybe something like a global boost that happens at certain times automatically throughout the day which increases gold ore drops (stacks with fortune). It wouldn’t work on placed ores-- only the initial block break while mining normally.

Hmm a less likely idea is a gold ingot smelt boost that doubles the ingots you get by a % chance? Like 25% chance to get an extra ingot (stacks with mcmmo Second Smelt Chance passive). Players would probably hoard a ton of gold ore just for this so maybe an increase in initial ore drop is the easiest to manage when it comes to inflation of the economy. Then again I only get ~200 gold ore after 2 hours of straight mining so… idk.

Currently someone with a pigmen farm can boost to baltop#1 in a week if you are super diligent about it. I did this and then spent all my gold on buying land (~230k claimblocks in size). I also gave away quite a bit… like a total of ~10k across several players randomly whenever I felt like flexing. :muscle::money_with_wings:

I’m broke now tho don’t look at me QQ

Actually, I just wanted for ++ to be able to type /food or /health

2 Likes

yep, full diamond

Okay so your problem mobs are phantoms and skeletons right? Basically things with range/flight and knockback.

I can ask if kb can be removed from skeleton arrows or something. They won’t spawn on claims with mobspawning disabled though. Light up the area around the claim or maybe build a wall to prevent them from spawning outside of it and wandering in. As for Phantoms, their spawn rate is going to most likely be reduced. They are pretty chaotic if a group of players are together outside of claim protection at night. q-q

Or give pink beds real cheap in an admin shop away.

You and your op pigmen farm… Anyway my personal opinion is that transferring claim blocks should not be added as not everyone wants to go through the efforts of creating a pigman farm and will just afk farm with 3 alts.

There will be more ways for players to earn money in the future aside from gold ore, I think. This should balance out a bit of the struggle between a ++ player (you need /repair to make profit from a pigmen farm) and an unranked player.

Alternatively there could be a rule introduced that bans players from having alts. A person with alts will be able to run a pigmen farm, iron farm, afk fishing farm, and have their main go complete other forms of jobs for money, still putting them well ahead of a player with no alts that only gains income from one thing at a time.

There is a way to make pigmen farms not use up swords, it’s a design by ilmango, which also uses a few nametags, pretty much a very sensitive and end game build.

Are they built above the nether, or did they do enough for it below, which is much harder without an elytra.

Yes this is the build that is widely used here by ++ players. However, the swords dropped at various durability levels, requiring gold ingots to repair. If you salvage a golden sword you get 1 ingot… so repairing and the salvaging without /repair isn’t going to make you any profit. (/repair does not have a material cost)

As of 1.12, weapons, tools and armor of iron or gold can be salvaged into nuggets in a furnace.

pigmen also drop nuggets and very rarely an ingot. Smelting the swords isn’t worth The real profit though is from /repair and salvaging the golden swords for full ingots. I don’t really know what you are trying to say here o.o?

the pigmen farm is absurdly efficient with ++. All I’m saying here is that swords wont bring you much , if any, profit without ++ which is a massive cut to potential income. You can use /tp up to get past the bedrock ceiling with no effort at all too.