Piky's Staff Application (April 2023)

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:
I have been around on MunchyMC and specifically Prison since the near beginning of Prison Map 9 at roughly week 3. It has since then been several months, if not close to almost a year at this rate.
- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:
Yes. I have an OBS setup with clean & relatively high quality video feed, able to sift through the specific & individual details of interactions.
- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:
I do have Discord, but not TeamSpeak3 at the moment. However, I did & was comfortably able to use TeamSpeak prior some several years back.

Application

IGN:
Piky
I’d rather not for the time being, knowing some not so nice people would definitely want that information. However, I can definitely disclose it to Staff.
Timezone:
Pacific Time Zone (PT)
Can you use a microphone for an interview?:
Absolutely, yes.
Role you are interested in (Helper or JMod):
JMod seems like a fun position.
Server you are interested in moderating (pick ONE):
Prison, heh.
How active can you be per week?
While I do have a job to attend to at life, I am able to at least several hours in and during potentially popular times where certain & infamous hackers or Black Listed players tend to hop on.
Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:
Nope! Clean as a whistle!
Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:
I have not, but I did previously asked.
What do you think your reputation is like within the community?
I am considered as a “silly, goofy,” and overall “positive” type of person, able to interact with a variety of communities & however they perceive the game, the meta, and the way they interact with people. I also tend to monitor things very closely with a lot of patience.
Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?
My interest was peaked after I privately messaged a close friend of mine to message the staff team about a potential cheater, and sure enough that prediction was correct, several times later down the line, in fact. I was also fascinated by the idea of if Bugs & Ideas team would ever open up should I apply for Staff and presumably find out later on.
Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?
Around an 7? Prison certainly is a different bunch of personalities and is way more wild than some of the other servers I’ve been in, however, I consider myself mostly knowledgeable on how the Prison Community operates fundamentally and can adapt to what is thrown at me, given enough time of course.
Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?
Around a 7 or 8? While it may take me considerably more time to accomplish such tasks, it will often yield plentiful results on the matter at hand; a precision way of looking at things, rather than rapid & rash actions. Additionally, I have developed a far greater understanding of cheaters nowadays, especially some of the more obvious patterns.
Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:
While I have not have had many recordings and I choose not to publicly submit them, I have disclosed to various staff members with evidence going over multiple cases on cheaters, including the infamous Icon & his unending amount of alt accounts.

While this is somewhat off-related seeing as there’s no ‘other’ option, I do want to say that I have moderated in a now dead server (as of 4/1/2023, starting moderating in roughly 2015). Additionally, I’ve had experience related to DDoS attacks (not often directly) & other incredibly toxic individuals during that time, mostly through indirect witness experiences. I would consider my feel & understanding towards these matters well experienced, though not a direct expert.

11 Likes

+1
Very detailed application, very mature and friendly, helpful and also very :blowfish:

1 Like

+1, very well written application. Piky’s also very mature and nice to everyone :blowfish:
Good luck on your application!

1 Like

Respectful and relatable player for sure!
I usually like to find some sort of critique to find for everyone, but I am struggling to find anything to critique!
+1 for the king of puffers

3 Likes

+1 pufferfish o/ all jokes aside, piky is very intelligent and handles situations very maturely. he’s so swag and would be great! he’s a great friend and can make everyone feel comfort in situations that are crazy (i can vouch!) and just so respectful, as joshy stated!

2 Likes

BIGGEST +1 imo piky is the goat!!

1 Like

+1

pufferfish :D

Seeing him around, and interacted with him various times, he’s extremely mature when it comes to dealing with situations, and he has provided contructive reasoning on how one could be suspectable of hacking.
he’s really friendly, and definitely agree with the goofy personality :) . it’s a sweet addition to the community and it brings me, and everyone else around him, a smile.

3 Likes

+1 very detailed, and a very well respected player :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

+1

Piky is super laid back and easy to talk to. He provides newer player and veteran players alike with helpful information about items, the server, etc. whenever asked. Would make for a great addition to the staff team as he’s level-headed and not impulsive.

3 Likes

+1 Very mature and friendly player! Overall, such a goofball :P Haha goodluck Piky!!!

3 Likes

Good luck to you!!

5 Likes

+1, piky

2 Likes

+1 googd

2 Likes

+1
Very mature, kind, a respected player and very friendly to everyone!
(Piky on top)

2 Likes

+1 mature helpfull and very kind

2 Likes

+1 mature kind says “heh” alot and overall cool guy

2 Likes

When I played prison for a few months, Piky and I didn’t interact a ton but I remember the few interactions we had being really lovely! They seem very cool and I wish you luck Piky!
+1

1 Like

+1 trustworthy, chill, a bit popular and can definitely be professional

2 Likes

+1
Knowledgeable about all the in game mechanics. Well informed with the Prison community.
Has previous moderating experience, handles himself under pressure.
Trustworthy, Honest whilst still being a great prison player.
Great candidate for staff!

3 Likes

+1
Back when I played on prison Piky was always very friendly, very reliable for help when I needed to ask a more experienced player how something worked, a very approachable guy all around and a very great person to have in the community overall, I think he’d make a great staff member.

Also: hehehheheheheheheh

2 Likes