Peguinster's Staff Application

PREREQUISITE CHECKLIST : (answer the following)

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?: Yes.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?: Yes, I am able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers. The maximum quality I can record up to is 1080p60. (I use OBS/Nvidia ShadowPlay)

- Are you able to download and use TeamSpeak 3?: Yes, I have already downloaded teamspeak but I am a new user to it and might need some assistance.

ONLY ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IF YOU’VE ANSWERED ‘YES’ TO ALL OF THE ABOVE

IGN: My current username is Peguinster.

Timezone: My time zone is Eastern Standard Time. (US & Canada)

Languages Spoken: As of right now, I currently only speak English. I am currently in the process of learning other languages.

Server you would like to moderate: I would like to moderate on KitPVP and Wool Wars. Those are currently my two favorite gamemodes.

How active can you be per week? During the weekdays I only go online after I finish all my homework. Sometimes this may conclude to me not being able to go online and moderate on the server.

Monday - 1-2 hour(s)
Tuesday - 2-3 hour(s)
Wednesday - 1-2 hour(s)
Thursday - 2-3 hour(s)
Friday - 3-4 hour(s)
Saturday - 4 hour(s)
Sunday - 3 hour(s)

• Even if I do not get accepted, I will try being more active on the server as a non-staff member. I feel like my playtime on the server is too low to actually get accepted into the position I am applying for.

When did you join MunchyMC and what made you stay? I have been watching BadBoyHalo’s videos for quite some time. I saw him play this gamemode, “Wool Wars” and I thought it sounded interesting. I logged on the server and gave it a try. I really like the concept of the gamemode. It is one of my favorite gamemodes.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so; please describe your side of story: I currently do not have any punishments on your network as of right now.

Do you have any past moderating experience? If so, briefly describe it: I have had a lot of moderating experience in the past. I have been part of a Skyblock server named “AuriaCraft”. This server at the time had an average of ten players with the maximum being forty players. It has been discontinued ever since I left. I wasn’t one big skyblock fan so I decided to try it out. I applied for staff on the server and luckily got accepted. I started off as a trainee by helping out other players with any problems. I later then became a moderator and started learning reasonable ban times. This goes up to when I became an Administrator. I learned how to catch hackers, made sure the accusation isn’t false, and banned them. I have been helpful to a lot of players in need and from time to time became one of the most favored staff member on the server. I have banned many hackers in the server with a reasonable ban time to whether how many times they have been banned, if it is their first ban, and the type of cheat they are using. I am really good at detecting bhop, antikb, killaura, jesus, reach, fly, etc.

Do you have any anticheat experience? I don’t know much about an anticheat but I know a bit of the basics. For example, false alerts. I understand flight and xray alerts. Maybe if a player is sending too many packets at a time and the anticheat detects it. I know little about how the anticheat detects autoclickers. Being staff on MunchyMC could potentially teach me more of the basics within an anticheat.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC: Currently within my playing experience on MunchyMC, I haven’t caught any hackers as of right now. Even when playing on KitPVP or Wool Wars, I still haven’t experienced any unnatural movement. I cannot provide evidence of hackers I have reported because I haven’t had to report any player currently.

What have you contributed to MunchyMC so far as a non-staff member? What I have currently contributed to the server is maybe trying to help out other players. I am trying my best to stay away from the toxic side in the community and I don’t want to be part of it. I try my best to stay positive even through the toughest of times. I try my best to help out other players in need, and try to create the best outcome. I would never end off with a bad outcome. I help players out when requested. If they ask for help I will always be there to try my best and put a lot of effort for the player to enjoy playing on the network.

How will MunchyMC benefit from your presence on our staff team? Not every staff member can clear out the cheaters on the server at once. Maybe an extra player can be there to assist. I can help find cheaters and report it to players of a higher ranking. I can detect most cheats that a cheater may use. I can help out and assist other players on the network that some staff members may not notice. Maybe the user may be experiencing a serious bug and have lost most of their items. I can try to assist with all the knowledge I may know. I will try my hardest to assist that player. Mostly catching cheaters roaming around the server is what I am mostly experienced with.

How do you work when in a team? I work more efficient when in a team. I have others to assist me in my mistakes and gives me a better opportunity to learn from the mistake so I might not have it occur once more. When working in a team, I feel like it is easier to detect certain things. For example, if a player is autoclicking. Maybe in the team there is a less experienced player to the staff team and someone who is very much experienced. The person with the most experience can help others.

What do you think is the hardest hack to detect and why? In my opinion, the hardest hack to detect is autoclicking. You cannot tell if a player is autoclicking due to their settings. Only possible way of detecting is through a screenshare of the accused cheater. It may seem they might have an autoclicker due to their clicking method. For example, butterfly clicking. It has been proven that butterfly clicking is equivalent to using an autoclicker.

If you have applied for staff on our network before, why were you turned down? How have you worked to improve on your previous reason for denial? This is my very first time applying for MunchyMC. I am excited for the outcome of my application.

+0
This is a decent application and you seem mature. But some questions could use more details and you don’t seem like an active player, since you have hardly any stats on any gamemode. Good luck nonetheless!

Edit: Added more detail so I change my rating to a +0.5

-Atterax

1 Like

+1
This is a good application. You seem to have a fair amount of free time to provide your services for the server and it seems like you would be rather committed to assisting the staff team. Good luck on your application! :smile:

1 Like

+0.1, can’t really judge as I haven’t seen you on, good application though!

1 Like

Hi there @Peguinster. Try to work on involving yourself more in the community by joining Teamspeak and being active on the forums. We hope to see you apply again in the future!

1 Like