Oracol's Event Team Application

Huge +1

Oracol is an amazing candidate for this role! He is very active, mature, approachable and friendly. Nice application too! Oracol is already a great co-host and would fit this postition really well! Very swag

Good luck! :yellow_heart:

3 Likes

Thank you all so much!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

@Befit
@Moogeka
@SatL
@OsamaBinTrikk
@Kennethhh
@Greenite
@KitPvPJMod
@MeerkatMist

3 Likes

+1

2 Likes

Big +1

2 Likes

for me atleast I love the colored apps if only questions are the ones colored (not answers) :o

I love the way u colored your app! I just think u need to change the color of answers or make the answers default color (so even people using light mode can read it easily)

Summary

This is just to answer your question but I really like your app either way :)!

1 Like

That makes sense. Thank you Mddey!

The colors are supposed to match the picture at the top, so itll be harder to match the entire picture. I will leave the questions colored. If they are too hard to read at all, ill make them darker

1 Like

+1 good luck!!

hi there! i just thought i’d go through your application & offer some constructive criticism because i’m a very bored human and some of the tips i’ve picked up over time have helped me in irl job interviews/applications so i thought sharing could benefit someone both inside of mc & outside eventually too! :)

usually the more i write means the more i care which means the more i believe you are a good candidate, so please don’t take me writing a million words as targeting you in any negative way, as i said i’m not really saying you’re a bad candidate just tryna give some general application advice bc it can be useful !!

Summary

overall this doesn’t really seem to be something that sets you apart like the question is asking, i’d have left this out or changed it to something more personal & unique as it’s not necessary for this question, it’s more of a reason on why you’re qualified than something that causes you to stand out. since you reiterate this statement later on, there’s not much of a need to have it said here

overall this is much better reasoning! having experience being an event co-host does set you apart pretty strongly, as said before i’d have focused solely on this or added a more unique reason to complement it! if you wanted more juice in your app you could’ve talked about a story/situation that showcases your skillset as an event co-host

this is another thing that i feel is generally expected among candidates, rather than just stating the standard for an event team member I would go for a more unique & personal detail to help your application really stand out ! some parts of it are still good but i feel like this whole paragraph is overall focusing on the wrong things
you’re essentially going “i’m serious when I need to be” which is the bare minimum expectation and “I won’t let people break the rules” which is also the bare minimum. i did like how you said “I would make [the rules] very clear while still being very respectful.” & i would’ve focused on that & what actions you take to accomplish that, what traits/skills do you have that help you in doing so, etc instead of just stating that you follow the norm expectations. try to (metaphorically) sell your skills to everyone !!

this is pretty good, i’m glad that you’re writing actions that you take instead of solely “I am this” or “I am that”. explaining why you are the characteristics that you’re describing yourself as is an important part of an application that i feel a lot of people miss. i haven’t really critiqued this very much for other people as i think munchy is overall a lot less picky when it comes to this thing, but since i’m already here writing, in your situation i would’ve listed some specific reasons on why you believe you’re a caring & kind person to make your application stronger. as a stranger reading this, i see the words “i’m a caring person.” but that alone isn’t enough to prove it, so try to back it up the best you can ! show don’t tell !

the very first bit here is a little unnecessary & just makes your application longer (which it’s already pretty long as it is), i would focus on more important details while keeping it concise. I understand you’re trying to add a little more personality to your application but it doesn’t do all that much good for it in my opinion

as said before, there’s a combination of not enough detail with too much. rather than saying “i’m never toxic” and then contradicting that statement, i recommend being more direct and talking about how you try to be nice & caring and some specific actions you’ve taken that fit that description to help show the people reading it that you’re nice & caring rather than just telling them that you are (makes app stronger), then putting the bit about getting heated in your weakness section instead (which I’ll explain when i get to that section). i did love the way you said “i always show love… others feel special” because it is quite a lovely thing to say & is fairly strong & very unique (i’ve never seen anyone say that before & i think it’s an absolutely fantastic thing to write here), though I would’ve added another detail about the actions you take to show that love

the bit abt why you want to be on the team is solid!!! i like it and it’s very believable & genuine, as someone who’s never had a conversation with you before, I really do think that you love these events & genuinely want to host them more

i would’ve gone into a little more detail here & have added a bit more of an explanation as to how you are able to accomplish this & why it’s the strength you chose/how you came to acquire this as a strength, etc. i can tell by context clues that it is probably a strength of yours because of your experience as a co-host, but reiterating it & adding a little more detail (while staying concise) would make your application much stronger as you don’t mention anything like that down in this section

this isn’t a very good example of a weakness, I would’ve gone for a character flaw instead as it would make you, as an applicant, seem more genuine & raw to those who are reviewing it. how i feel when people avoid writing a genuine imperfection about themselves in response to questions like this make me feel like it’s 1. someone trying to avoid looking toooo bad in their application or 2. someone isn’t able to recognize their faults. i promise i’m not saying that either scenario fits you, it’s just the impression i get as someone who thinks more mechanically when it comes to reading applications
as mentioned before, you talked about getting heated at a player recently & you were (assumedly) being toxic in this situation, i would’ve discussed it here & talked about how it’s something you had a bit of a struggle with in the moment but have (or still are trying to) overcome & improved upon as you’re maturing as a human being & then explaining how you’ve improved. it would make you as a candidate seem stronger & indicate that you’re able to recognize where you fall short as a human & give you the opportunity to explain & show that you’re improving

thats all!
you don’t have to take ANYTHING i’ve written into consideration if you don’t want to, i just think you’re a strong candidate and wanted to offer some pointers & thoughts on what you’ve written !! absolutely none of this was written with negative intent, only positive & constructive !!
also if you disagree with anything i’ve said here, thats perfectly ok! all people are different & have different experiences & povs so nobody is really right or wrong here & not everything i say will be perfect. as i said i think this could potentially benefit people so that’s why i’ve written all this. i don’t think you should rewrite your app or anything just because i wrote 10 million paragraphs, just take some of this into consideration for the future

good luck & i hope you have a good day!! your app is very pretty & it looks good! sorry if i wrote too much, i tried to hide it with the summary button so it didn’t annoy everyone :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Oracol +1 :+1:

1 Like

Oracol

GIANT +1

This guy is one of the best person I ever met online and I dont think I have any other thing to say

1 Like

giant +1

he is already doing great as a cohost and i think he would definitely be a good fit for this role

2 Likes

for once colors that arent bad
+1 btw

1 Like

Thank you! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
@TbhJosephine
@kuami
@Simfonija
@Slater676
@smol_sal
@IceBreaker420

And thank you @csyre for the LONG but helpful advice!! :joy: :heart:

I read through it all, and see a lot of good points you have made.

Right now, I’m very happy with my application, but as I reread it, I do find things I feel I could change, or elaborate on. Next time I thoroughly go through my application, I’ll be sure to use some more of your advice!

6 Likes

+1

Definitely one of the best applicants, would be a very deserved role

Good luck!

1 Like

for sure plus one.
though he can’t beat my online wario

2 Likes

Application accepted! Contact me via discord (john.#1045) to set up a time for your interview.

11 Likes

CONGRATS ORCOL

1 Like

CONGRATS ORACOLL!!! :tada:

2 Likes

CONGRATS ORACOL :partying_face: :tada:

2 Likes

CONGRATS ORACOL WOOOOOOO

2 Likes