NotOryx's Staff Application (April 2023)

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:
Yes, I have played since May 1st, 2017

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:
Yes I always have shadowplay on when I’m on the server where I can easily clip what happened in the past 5 minutes
- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:
I have both downloaded, but I use discord more often and know how to use it easily while TS I don’t use too much

Application

IGN:
NotOryx
Timezone:
EST
Can you use a microphone for an interview?:
Yes
Role you are interested in (Helper or JMod):
JMod
Server you are interested in moderating (pick ONE):
Prison
How active can you be per week?
2-3+hours per day
Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:
Yes, I was banned for a week after teaming with a BL player (Faris) a few years ago. I have not teamed with or associated with any BL player since then. I have been banned as a joke by TheRedVelvetCake before as well. For mutes its for saying some bad words but I haven’t said any of them in a long time and learned from my mistakes.
Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:
No.
What do you think your reputation is like within the community?
Pretty good for the most part as I try to help out some new players and always help put my teammates when they have a problem or need assistance. There are some people who do not like me but I try my very best not to be too toxic towards them. All around I have a good reputation with the majority of the people in my discord (Taken) that play prison.
Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?
I am interested in the role because I feel like prison needs more moderators to catch BL evaders and people breaking the rules in general. I feel like there is a lack of moderators so I felt motivated to apply and become a moderator.
Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?
9 as I own a discord server specifically for prison and the community and moderate everyone in there.
Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?
7 as I have been moderator on one of my friends server where I would watch out for hackers and people generally breaking rules with some of the easiest cheats to detect: Xray, Flight, Killaura, Autofishing, Autoclicking, etc…
Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:
I reported all the clips to staff through discord or screen sharing to admins to show bug abusing/cheating. I do not have any links as I deleted old clips to save space on my computer

7 Likes

+1 for NorOryx

1 Like

+1 , good luck NorOryx!

1 Like

Biggest +1

Oryx has been one of the most kind and down to earth members of the prison community that I’ve met!

1 Like

+1 Oryx’s been apart of the prison comunity for a while and always demonstrate exceptional knowledge of past and present prison maps and knows how the community works

1 Like

+1 Knows how to moderate a discord server well (For Prison), so what will make him not be able to do a prison server?

1 Like

+1
Oryx is definitely mature enough when it comes to serious situations. I’d say he has a lot of knowledge when it comes to moderating a community. Goodluck Oryx!

1 Like

+1 find 3rd extinct plz

1 Like

+1
I have been great friends with Oryx and he’s always been very mature, knows how to run things, and overall a good choice for staff!

1 Like

+1 very nice

1 Like

+1 he’s very helpful and understanding!!!

edit: adding more because i’m more awake now. oryx has a lot of experience with moderating, specifically through his discord server. he stays on top of reports and does whatever he can to make people feel comfortable in the server. i feel like these values help show that he deserves this position.

1 Like

+1
Definitely a well known community member. Very mature and most of the time also very friendly. Also extremely knowledgeable of Prison.
GL!

3 Likes

Massive +1. nice to hangout with, very knowledgeable, overall just a chill person. Also has the most active Discord server of this map. Also been playing for a while (since map 3 or smth? Idek)

2 Likes

+1
Mature and seems like a chill person

1 Like

+1 friendly young chap

2 Likes

+1 good application

1 Like

+1 We played with each other’s sticks in the hub very friendly person.

3 Likes

+1 Mature & has good connections around the server. Friendly & chill as well.

3 Likes

Very professional + relatable player, great knowledge of the server
+1

2 Likes

I guess I’ll give him a +1. He’s alright, okay, and generally mediocre. He knows a bit about Prison and is okay at running a Discord server for Prison. Honestly kind of similar to your average Joe.

P.S. Sarcasm doesn’t come across well through text.

1 Like