+++ needs to be reworked!

Ah, the triple plus rank…

If you do be playing survival, you might have come across players that had a name pretty close to iAmPlusPlusPlus+++.
I am too lazy to detail what this rank is about so feel free to seek for it on the amazing MunchyMC shop!

+++ was not and still isn’t really well received by the survival community for a couple reasons that I am gonna state and try to solve by submitting suggestions.

• The bubble chat!

Ever wished for a chat that just burn your eyes every time you see it? Probably not but we will guess you will love bubble chat. For those who haven’t gotten a chance to see it, just don’t look for it.

You do not wanna see this :)

The worst think is that it can be combined with /rainbowchat, which makes it even more s p e c i a l !

Anyways, this little junk of text is pretty hard to see through for a lot of players. One of my suggestion would be to 1) Remove bubble chat or 2) Create a command that allows us to either hide bubble chat or make it so that bubble chat looks like normal chat.

Something like /togglebubblechat would be very handy. I don’t know how the 2) would work to transform bubble chat into a normal chat but magic exists, right? If not, I think the 1) would work out perfectly! :raised_hands:

Edit: Just a global command to toggle any texts that is modified such as custom coloured texts, rainbow chat, and bubble chat would be very cool. :thinking:

• The rank colour!

Let’s be honest, we do not want to wear a pee rank… that’s usually how +++ is called around survival. Sorry prison recruits.

There were many ongoing colour suggestions from the community including a Rainbow colour or even some prettier colours.

I don’t have any specific idea for which colour shall replace the yellow but this colour looks pretty cute in my opinion ! You can tell that purple is restricted to moderators but this one is actually pretty light and amazing. Also the in-game orange colour code &6 even looks better…

• The emojis!

So I have nothing against the new emojis added onto /emoji. I personally think that they look amazing. BUT one thing that we all dislike is the fact that the previous emojis, those who haven’t been modified via the ressource pack, have been restricted and you can only access them if you have +++ ! At least on survival.

Those emojis were a global perk from a global rank. You must have had at least the SUPER rank to use them. The thing is ON SURVIVAL, YOU NOW NEED +++. Don’t forget that the rank is monthly by the way. :smiling_face_with_tear: A lot of people were using the emojis such as groovy or table flip etc so it’s pretty disappointing to just take those emojis from us.

Yeah we could just copy paste them from the internet but we want them back now please. :D

• The rank itself!

+++ is clearly not a necessity and we can all acknowledge it. It’s a way for players to get extra perks if they ever want to support the server. The rank is pretty cheap compared to the others. The thing is, personally and some others could share the same opinion, I feel like a lot of players are abusing it.

People could keep using that big damn bubble chat everyday, annoying everyone but get away with it because it’s a perk and they are just enjoying it. People could just speak like crazy with the no chat cool-down. I do it sometimes but I try my best not to abuse it I swear. Either way, I am sorry if it annoyed some of you!

Yeah, considering that the rank is very unnecessary, we tend to think about its relevance across the server.+++ isn’t useful thus +++ does not have to exist. So far, it seems to create more harm than good because of some perks that are very very annoying if not used wisely. But hey, this post is mostly to provide feedback in order to balance this rank and make it so that it’s a bit more well seen by everyone.

Many small perk such as no hunger loss or even /speed that would provide you permanent speed could work out. Not something huge since the rank is mostly something for those who wish to donate to the server.

Anyways this post is getting very long and I don’t have anything else to add. Please remake +++… and if it can’t work out, we’ll nuke the rank because we don’t want it. I do but many dont. I don’t know how the post will display because I am on my phone and I was too lazy to configure it through my laptop but I can always update it. Have fun reading this eye-hurting yellow especially if you are on light mode!

xoxo!

10 Likes

gonna be honest the only issue i have with +++ is bubble chat being difficult to read and flooding chat

6 Likes

I like the color you suggested!
Some other colors that could possible be used are this or this
Examples: Lealay+++, Lealay+++

4 Likes

why not just make it prettier?

bug

are u arguing that players that use bubblechat should be muted

no rank is necessary, but every penny is to keep the server above the ground and enjoy the relatively low lag surv has compared to the previous season / other servers updated to the latest version
+++ is meant to be small with little perks to make your experience a little fresher and more fun. if you go into every new thing with the attitude of ‘this is bad, so it shouldnt exist’ rather than ‘this is bad, how could it be better?’ you wont grow to love anything on the server !

5 Likes

Clearly not, yet you can tell that people really dislike bubble chat and some don’t care abusing it — Using it every single time or really often — just to get noticed. Overall it’s just a perk. As I stated above, I can’t blame them at all and I don’t see a point for them to get muted.

My point here isn’t to degrade the rank, I’m a fan of +++. Just that there are obviously some people that tends to be annoying and managing the rank so that some perks don’t cause troubles reading chat is needed.

People do not enjoy seeing bubble chat. It ruins the fun for other players who can’t do anything but face it. Then change the perk to make it fresher and more fun to everyone, not just for the one who has the rank!

I suggested 2 things for bubble chat: Either removing it or toggling it. You came out with an idea of changing it, which is great. This post is to make +++ better and discuss about its weaknesses. :roll_eyes:
I suggested a colour for the rank.
I didn’t know that the emoji thing was a bug because no one reached out to us about it despite the concerns the community was reflecting about through the main chat.
And at the end, I suggested some little perks that the rank could have.

Maybe I phrased it wrong, but I implied “It isn’t useful so it doesn’t exists” as thoughts many players had. Many, when the rank was first released, wanted it to be deleted. I have nothing against the rank. It just needs to be edited so that the fun can be felt it both ways. The community enjoying the idea of the new rank and the rank users liking their new abilities!

2 Likes

Did you copy everything I’ve said about +++ and put it in a forums post

IMO bubble chat is obnoxious but everything else about it is fine, I would like to see more perks for it in the future tho

2 Likes

Tbh I have never ever seen you speak about +++ XD

1 Like

I can agree for a monthly paid rank, it feels lacking in it’s perks compared to other ranks.

My biggest issue is also bubble chat (although mine doesn’t look like the bubble chat in the screenshot posted) because it’s rather large, single pixel wide letters that have really weird spacing which makes it hard to read. The toggle idea is something that was discussed on server a few times, and people generally seemed to like that idea.

4 Likes

I could agree more with bubble chat than the color. A good majority find the custom text rather annoying for how large it is. (Bubble font clans lol). As just mentioned, a toggle would be rather helpful for those annoyed by this, I think that’s a good idea, as well. This would help suppress the bubble font from people that’d like that off, while allowing the beneficiary +++ players continue using it. (Have bubble chat display as normal for other players)

Regarding the color, it is not that bad, although it is quite a downgrade from the beautiful blue, that the ++ rank has. Before deciding on a color, you have to think about what colors will harmonically fit the other colors in chat, so keep that in mind. Yellow fits the color scheme, but, you don’t want to go to a less pleasant color if you want to support the server. I find that this is a less of a problem than bubblechat. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

its meant to be some small perks for ++ players to keep supporting the server i believe

2 Likes

I think it’s cool, I would much rather have a rank for some small perks then have to spend a larger amount of money for more perks. It’s a cool way to support the server but I do like some of your ideas.

2 Likes