My opinions on munchy and thoughts for improvments

I’ve been part of the Munchymc community for almost a year now. And have come to really enjoy it and without a doubt would call it my favorite minecraft server.There are few servers around that have a community where it basically seems like everyone knows everyone. The server has also been a great distraction from the unknown thing I like to call real life. However recently I’ve been seeing the server go down a great deal in players and overall popularity and has also just been feeling a bit dry overall. So I thought I’d make a little forum post on my overall OPINION of how the server is being handled and feels at the moment and my OPINION on how to improve them. Once again these are my thoughts and you are free to disagree with anything and if you maybe have a better idea, feel free to leave a comment.

Point 1 - Lack of players and dryness of the server. Recently in general, Munchy players have just gone down for servers like Woolwars and Kit. Survival has been doing fine but checking in every day it is on a slow but steady decrease in players. Also as someone who plays the server for basically 13 hours+ every single day, it has gotten repetitive and dry. I maintain the server woolwars so I’m not too active on kit however I do have some ideas on how to make woolwars more fresh and with more things to do. I’ve many servers try to keep themselves fresh by constantly adding new updates and adding better and better stuff, which works, however only for existing and main players so if a player takes a break or is new to it, everyone will already be so much farther ahead and will make it hard for others to catch up to where they often get bored and quit. I’ve thought about this for quite a bit and have a few ideas. My first of which being to add some sort of weekly/daily/monthly quest type things. These could be used to earn tokens and can switch up that way players have goals and reasons for playing, such as daily quests could be like maybe, “get 10 kills” or “get 6 kills in 1 game” which are fairly simple and could earn like 20 - 25 tokens. However there could be weekly ones which are harder and take longer to do but have better rewards maybe being as simple as “get 100 kills” or “play 30 games”, ranging to things like “get 10 wins with the pufferfish kit” or “get one win with every single kit”. And I think the monthly quests could work a bit differently. I was thinking there could possibly be a super hard quest each month that when completed can get you a month exclusive tag. Many players are upset that there isn’t really any way to get tags without paying irl money. So I feel like this could be a fun way to keep players more engaged and give out rewards for it. However, in no means does it need to be simple and can even be hard enough to where it might take multiple weeks to complete with actively trying it, or maybe there will be like multiple smaller type quests to unlock it, or maybe switch between methods of getting it each month to keep it new and exciting. For example it could be as simple as “Complete 20 daily quests and 10 weekly quests” or something like “get 1000 kills and 100 wins”. It would be super tough however after the tag leaves, it’s gone forever. I’d think you could have like 3-5 daily quests each day like 5-7 weekly ones, and 1 monthly one which contains smaller ones. Overall I believe this would get players a lot more active on woolwars and make new players want to stick around. It would also keep gameplay so much more fresh and exciting for existing players who will have something more to do then grind all day to get on the leaderboards. Though I’m not too familiar with kitpvp, I’m pretty sure a similar thing could be added. Survival already has something similar to this and I also think that’s a contributing reason as to why it’s still constantly so active. Me being a glider main myself can vouch more all of these cases being used to make games boring.

Point 2 - Just some ideas on how to make woolwars more fair. Woolwars constantly suffers from players getting annoyed by teamers ruining games or glider kits being so overpowered to the point where it can make a game go from 5 minutes to 10. I have a few ideas on how to improve this. First of all I think teaming should just be removed in general. It is unbalanced and since it is part of solos it just makes whoever has a friend at that specific point in time overpowered compared to everyone else. I also feel that while Munchy is suffering from lack of players to the point where around 1am est it is mostly just 4 player games. That the whole team mode idea should just be set aside as it would overall lower game count and make queueing longer. So I feel like it should just be forgotten about until player counts are high enough to support it again. Also with a kit such as a glider. It is just too overpowered that it basically rules games. It basically feels like multiple kits in one and with most makes it almost a guaranteed win or 10 minute game every time. For example it can speed pillar “which has been nerfed but is still pretty good” that makes bouncy slightly less useful. When timing effectively you can move faster than the speedster kit making it completely useless. Also with glider being as fast as it is and being able to travel across the map super fast, it kinda slightly lowers the usefulness of kits like teleporter. It functions like multiple types of kits in one and in some cases is better than the original kit and is over all way too overpowered. You can also see active members of the community complain about this kit for a really long time. I have a few recommendations to make it more balanced. First of all, add a cooldown. It can be 3 seconds, it can be 5 seconds. However, that will make running away and getting spawn kills so much harder. This will help the problem of games going on for wayyy too long and make killing half the players the second the game starts much less annoying because you would need to wait from going tower to tower, and will make the archer kit more useful. It would also help give the ability of being hit while gliding to cancel it more useful as more experienced players can time it so when a projectile is about to hit them they can unglide for a second at the cost of half a heart to not die. Me being a glider main personally does this a lot and it is super good. This basically removes the ability to do that as with a cool down, chances are you would hit the ground before being able to glide again or just enough fall damage to the point of death. Next up would be to make the glider slower, it is wayyy to fast right now to the point where you can be faster then the speedster kit by just gliding when sprint jumping on the ground. Also it makes it super hard to shoot gliders out of the sky. I feel like making it slower would fix the speedster problem overall, and make the whole being able to be shot feature much more useful to other players. I have one more recommendation which I’m not as sure about but when talking about it with @Sript he thought it was a cool idea so I’d thought I’d mention it. Make the glider a usable item. This would make it so more unskilled players would not be able to use it so annoyingly as you would have to switch to the item to glide and you can panic if you use a scroll wheel and miss it. It would also make it so you would have one hotbar spot which will compensate for it being so good. It would also need something like curse of vanishing and the inability to be thrown or put into chests that way other kits can’t grab it. Anyway those are a few of my thoughts on how to make glider more balanced and buff the other kits it kinda robs the abilities of.

Point 3 - Promotion and exposure. I think that we can all agree that one of the main reasons for Munchy being as popular as it is and the reason most of you probably joined was because it is owned by the famous youtuber Badboyhalo. And a reason the server got so much exposure is because Skeppy and Badboyhalo constantly did videos around the server. Bad still does Saturday streams however since they are only live events and only show off what bad likes to host. It doesn’t make the player wanna play the other parts of the server but rather only log on only for the events and leave. Skeppy has also stopped making videos related to the server. I know it’s far-fetched but is Skeppy or Bad just even going out of their way to make one trolling video on Munchy like in woolwars or something. It would greatly help the server and bring it back. However if the community also continues making streams and videos on the server but rather so many more people just try to do more engaging type event streams on servers like sg or woolwars and more official events are hosted. I think it would definitely help improve the exposure.

Point 4 - Survival Games + more game modes. Survival Games is a gamemode that has been on the server for a little while now and is often laughed at for having a fun average of 0 players a day. I do feel like a new game mode should be added however instead of going for what they did before which is simply recreating a popular mini game and hoping people choose this server to play it, they should save game modes like sg for kit events. But rather try something original, Wool wars is a super fun mini game exclusively on Munchymc. If the idea team takes just an hour to talk about it I’m sure they could come up with a concept to develop into a brand new mini game for Munchymc.

Overall these are just my opinions on how to make Munchy less dry and more fun. I’d like to clarify this is just my views on Munchy and I know for a fact not everyone will agree. However these are simply my personal OPINION on this, and the chances of Munchy implementing any of these ideas being implemented into the game is almost none. I just thought it would be fun to post my thoughts on this. Also I am wayyyyyyyy to lazy to read this to check to make sure it makes sense so thank you to @ChipperHen and @Virale for proofreading.

Edit 1: Just a small edit because I randomly thought of something to add on to my first point. I am thinking that also to incentivized people to do all there quests, that there can be a quest leaderboard of some sorts. that’s it :P

17 Likes

+1 Amazing ideas

3 Likes

I love the idea of the nerf, especially since shifting is much easier than switching to a slot in your hotbar. It also doesn’t it make it that much more complex.

2 Likes

Good post, there are some unique ideas here that I could see being implemented in the future

3 Likes

+1 Active

5 Likes

Point 1
This sounds like a fun idea for woolwars. The only thing I have to say about this is that there already is a quest system on KitPvP, but it could definitely use some improvement, as currently it’s only things like “get a _ killstreak” or “first kill” and is pretty boring.

Point 2

• Teaming
    I think teams mode should come to woolwars, as it can’t really stay as a thing in solos, but there are people who like to team with their friends and stuff.
  • Glider nerf
    Glider 100% needs a nerf, as most people have agreed, but I have a feeling that what you suggested would make it underpowered, assuming you’re doing what everyone else does and using bouncy as a standard for a balanced kit. Also, back when glider used and item, that already made it much faster and not only that but it allowed the user to have chests and other inventories open while gliding. The item, as far as I remember, mostly nerfed aggressive players and buffed people who run away which, is the real problem everyone has with the kit that you can run forever. I agree with the idea of making it slower (something the item wouldn’t do) and I’m neutral about having the cooldown in place whenever the player is hit.

Point 3

The only thing I have to say about this is that Skeppy isn’t actually a staff member or anything for the server, so he doesn’t have any real reason to make videos on the server just to promote it, however the way you described this, it sounded to me like he was staff or something.

Point 4

I think gamemodes like SG and things that are recreations of other gamemodes could work as long as they’re a unique version of said gamemode. Munchy isn’t the first server to have prison or survival but people play those gamemodes because they’re unique compared to other servers. SG however, from my experience, is quite similar to other servers (although it is fun).

3 Likes

As Sript said, good post ^

2 Likes

very epik cheese

2 Likes

+1 great ideas

2 Likes

Alot of what you’ve said here, I will say I’d love to see them added, but it requires alot of development time to actually code, bug-test, and implement them, especially with the very limited amount of devs we have. As it is right now, there’s a looooong list of things they’re planning to add to the different gamemodes, including alot of the ideas you mentioned are either being worked on or will be in the future!

6 Likes

+1, I especially like the quests idea, It has previously been requested but still hasn’t been added and I really hope its being worked on. Quests would really help with reviving atleast WoolWars.

3 Likes

+1 Great ideas and a great point o7 I really hope some of these get implemented in the future

2 Likes

Quest System:

3 Likes

Interesting ideas. Would like to see some implemented +1

2 Likes

+1 Adding quests for each designated server is an amazing idea! The thought of there being different game modes that involve teams would make it much better as, like you said, there are a lot of teamers in wool wars and other games. Also, if anything, promoting the server is the main thing that can really bring more people on, so I definitely support there being more streams/vids on Munchy.

3 Likes

Really great post definitely agree a new questing system would be a great idea. They could add in some more new interesting quests which would be fun!

1 Like

yes agree yes agree yes yes agree yes

fr doe

i did used to feel a specific emotion for munchy, but it has gotten a lot more dry over the months. this post pretty much sums what i feel all up.

2 Likes