My Littler Rant

Nah that’s minicrates. Emerald quests also give main crate keys

2 Likes

Ooh oki

2 Likes

Just to add my thoughts to this, one of the main reasons that I didn’t end up playing survival when s3 released was mostly because ++ has access to /fly, which is WAY too op in my opinion. The only way to fly in a normal singleplayer survival world is with elytra, which are a) super hard to get (probability-wise), and b) require a grinding of killing creepers to get fireworks so that they actually work. I don’t actually play survival, though, so idk if you care about my opinion lol. The ranks are just really, really overpowered. It’s basically like changing the mechanics of the game. I get that you need money to survive, and I’m perfectly fine with that, but man is ++ crazy.

2 Likes

First of all ++'s fly was disabled early-game, but I mostly agree with you on that opinion.

1 Like

only in mining world/nether

1 Like

Although it may seem op, I don’t think it can be considered as overpowered. And I recommend you playing more survival, you will see overtime that it won’t be that disturbing :D

Firsty, it has been disabled for the first week after Extra worlds reset such as the End Nether and Mining World which is pretty good. It would avoid players taking all the loot while just flying over the map. It may seem short for some players but I find it alright, you will have time, be at the same level as everyone else and be able to get some ressources there. You may ask for the 2nd week but to be fair, one week is already enough to take as much as you wanted in the mining world.

Secondly, I don’t see why people think that fly is unfair in the main world.
As you said, Elytras are an option to fly but I don’t think they are as hard to get as you claim they are. This is a brand new season and I can definitely tell you they will become really common later. You can always try looking for elytras when the Extra worlds reset or just try to buy one from a player. Fireworks aren’t such a big deal, it’s just because it’s the beginning but it will be easy to find later on that season :)

Flying isn’t making a big change on the main world as we are basically playing survival (Nothing to win). Everything is got by grinding and I don’t think that you specially need Fly to do it. People mostly use it to build, vibe around and make farms. It isn’t broken and that unfair for most of the people.

So like having ++ Rank isn’t pay to win, basically having some features that could make your projets on the server go faster, and they aren’t always necessary so yas. Survival would be totally fine without ++ rank, it’s not harming anyone, just helping people the way it can.

5 Likes

But notice how everyone and their mothers have ++ nowadays, no matter what u say here the numbers show that ++ is practically required at this point (I mean by definition, nothing is required).

2 Likes

In this other server I used to play there was a way to like gift 30 minutes of the ./fly to someone so if you guys don’t like that ++ rank people can fly you could install this in the server or like have quests so you could earn these perks.

4 Likes

also in other servers there are chances to get “fly tokens” from vote crates each day that give x days of flight.

2 Likes

Actually, getting gunpowder is super easy with mcmmo excavation.
And elytras aren’t really all that hard to get

2 Likes

Also, I would be interested to know why you guys think the fly is overpowered. We already removed both /carpet and /fly the first week of reset, because we listened to you guys concern about the flying people gathering resources way too fast and leaving nothing behind. I don’t understand what more you are asking and why

4 Likes

After reading all your comments about how easy it is to get elytras and stuff, I have concluded:
I know nothing about survival, sorry to provide contradictory information lol
Maybe I should just not give my opinion on things that I know nothing about (wow, good idea Spectro!)
Sorry for the confusion.

1 Like

For stuff like building (which is a major part of any survival world/server, fly makes it super easy, and rockets/elytra is fairly expensive, especially for a new player.

2 Likes

I actually think “fly tokens” would be a cool concept to add into crates. It could be an easy way for non’s to feel included on the flying aspect. Fly is the main reason I bought ++ and I understand that not everyone is able to purchase that rank. Good idea! @Ibby what are your thoughts on this as a type of balancing between ranks and non-ranks?

2 Likes

We’ve talked about that a little but there are pros and cons to it. It’s one of the options we have. Idk, we’ll keep thinking about it.

3 Likes

To be fair, this concept could be approved upon. It would be interesting to see Mini Crates having a rare chance to have limited fly tokens- not as much as if it were to be in regular Crates, but still a considerable percentage to make it uncommon.
A thing to consider would be if these tokens would be able to be stackable (as in the effect)

However if they were stackable, it would imply it would be more necessary to get crates rather than buying ++, which depending on who you ask, could be a good or a bad thing.

Despite that, I really like the concept, and I would think it would be a good step in the way to abolishing ranks xD

:heart:

now we just need someone to make a post titled: my littlest rant

1 Like

my subatomic rant