My Littler Rant

I agree with everything said in this post, however there are some parts that are not accurate and not correct.

First of all, using the link connected to this topic, this server would be labeled as heavily semi-P2W, which in all defenses I agree too with that concept myself.
Spawners necessarily are only able to be obtained in-game using in-game currency. The only way you could remotely obtain spawners via. a P2W method would be a IRL trade, then using that on Crowbars 100g each, and depending on what you sell, the richer you become.
Technically, crate keys are mainly bought in-game, using gold, via. the /auction command.
The only reason the major people with high baltops are that they afk and have enormous gold farms, or are very influential people in the community: i.e. people who stream/people who are staff
If you pay for ranks (i.e. Legend and ++) you can use color codes in chat. This makes people whom have no ranks and are gray/nons, feel less influential, as they can’t advertise as broadly as people with color codes in chat.
Yes, advertising servers is not allowed, but advertising anything Munchy related is, so that means shops, streams, forum posts etc. Combined with color codes, that can make several people influential on the server overnight.
“+” is a legitimate scam to make you want to pay for ++ unless you don’t have money and buy + lifetime. It’s essentially a scam to make people buy it to see what + can do. If they removed +, more people would be nons, and it breaks the chain. ++ can essentially do everything + can but not vice versa. Legend and Elite are also influential as you can essentially gain keep inventory just by owning those ranks.
Unbans are also essentially P2W as on average, however not everybody who gets banned on other servers on the network, plays Survival. Most of the people whom get banned are people on KitPvP or Prison. Not discluding WoolWars, but when was the last time you saw a WoolWars hacker?
I’m not a staff member, but necessarily the EULA can take action on Munchy and blacklist it. Alot of servers as of recent have been getting blacklisted and unable to be joined, so I wouldn’t be surprised if that were to happen eventually.
However specifically we are talking about Survival here and not any other server.
Here is a snippet of the Google Doc you previously mentioned:

Q. Would it still be p2w if you can grind for the items legit alongside buying them?
A. I would probably say so. That is because it is much faster than just manual grinding, making it easier to progress.

Now, I’ve already talked about the Google Doc, but I want to bring this to light. Munchy’s method of P2W and Crates are one of the same. Since Season 3 just started, I am going to reference items from this season, and last to make a better comparison. These items were compiled from here and here.

• Tyche’s Pickaxe Diamond_Pickaxe (1) - Unbreakable Pickaxe!
  • Smith Pickaxe - Autosmelts Ores, Unbreakable!

Super unfair. Not necessarily in any other aspect, but a Unbreakable pickaxe is quite unfair. I believe you cannot put other enchantments on these pickaxes, but seriously. It’s unbreakable.
Also, it is incredibly unfair that you can have a tool that autosmelts ores.

• Icarus’ Wings ElytraNew (1) - Unbreakable Elytra!
  • Limitless Elytra - Unbreakable Elytra!

Instead of waiting to find or buy a elytra using gold, you can get lucky and try to spend the crates on a Unbreakable elytra! Self-explanatory.

• Labrys Axe Gold_axe - Instantly Cuts Down Trees In One Chop!

These types of axes offer an unfair advantage, and allow people who manage shops to collect resources quicker to earn more gold.

• Artemis’ Net Cobweb_JE2_BE2 - Picks Up Mobs For You To Place Anywhere! (Cannot Pick Up Ghasts, Ender Dragons, Withers, Or Villagers.)
  • Butterfly Net - Picks Up Mobs For You To Place Anywhere! (Cannot Pick Up Ghasts, Ender Dragons, Withers, Or Villagers.)

For my knowledge this is the most expensive crate item. It is essentially unfair. There is no way around using this if you want to transport mobs. The only way around this is to wait for mobs to spawn, and its at such a decreased standpoint, it is incredibly hard to get natural mobs.

And heavens know all the other weapons/tools I forgot, all the particles (which are fine might I add) and the items that give you effects.

I sound hypocritical, yes. But this type of method of using a server is just unruly. It truly disgusts me how much people spend on crate keys in-game and I wish there was a better way around this.

Now I am not one to speak for the entire community of survival but, these types of P2W-ness is scarely going closer and closer to P2W and not at the same time. With the adding of Mini Heads and Mini Crates, making the access of Claim blocks easier to obtain, it certainly is something to look at.
I really hope Munchy doesn’t become a server full of P2W.

Despite that, this was a fun thing to dive back into. I hope some of this issues become diagnosed and get improved.
Anyways, adios!

:heart:

2 Likes