My gripes with Survival

I’ve been playing a lot of survival since it got reset recently and I’ve been having a great time. I didn’t really experience survival when it was released as I wasn’t interested at the time, but now with it mainly being focused on the latest version I come to experience it fully. However with my time playing on survival for the past few days I have come to notice a few issues I have with it on MunchyMC. Now these aren’t game breaking by any means but they do drive down the experience for me.

The Spawn Radius is an Ocean
This is more of a nitpick than anything else but I just don’t like that the spawn area is surrounded in the ocean. If it wasn’t for those boats that were in the Starter Kit then it would have been a pain to get to places when starting out. You could use /wild but you’d be teleported in the ocean very often for whatever reason, at least from my experience.

Mob Spawning
Now when I mean by mob spawning are the mobs that spawn in the world, not the ones in spawners. I’ve noticed a lack of mobs that spawn although part of that reason is due to how multiplayer works in survival, despite that I had a hard time looking for particular mobs and when it came to looking for squids to make black dye it was virtually impossible for me to find any which is unfortunate as I planned on building a lot of pixelart that relied on black dye.

You Can’t Build Your Own Nether Portals
This one is also a nitpick but I still found it frustrating enough to bring it up. While you can build nether portals when you go in them you will be teleported back into the overworld, making your portal useless. While you can go into the nether via warps, you can’t fast travel using the nether due to this. However the world is only 10,000 x 10,000 blocks and /home makes fast travel redundant anyways. It still upsets me a little though knowing I can’t make my own portals.

Placing Lava is DISABLED
This is easily one of my least favorite things about survival on Munchy. When you try placing lava, the lava will be put back into your bucket and the following message would be sent in chat “Lava buckets are disabled!” Due to this you can’t make cobblestone generators and while you can just go out and mine cobblestone underground, cobblestone generators allow you to stay idle while mining a bunch of cobblestone in a short amount of time. You also can’t use lava as decoration and while that sounds ridiculous at first you can still make some interesting things. I get why lava is disabled on the server as people could use it for griefing, but griefing is already against the rules so what’s the point?

That’s just me though, I still really enjoy playing on survival. These are just a few problems I personally have with it. Thanks for reading.

• Bro
1 Like

I think lava should be allowed only if you are the owner of the claim, other than that, I don’t think any of your other points are necessary or have any benefits. Letting you know, if they did increase mob count, that could cause lag. (Since it’s 1.14.4) You actually can make cobblestone generators, mh227 made one for me last map, without moving the lava.

I understand your points especially squids they are way too rare, the nether portals I haven’t really tried to make one yet but I see your problem and I have been quite annoyed in the past about the fact you can’t make cobblestone generators.

Try looking for mobs in the mining world.
I haven’t played survival, because it’s always full, but I guess your dispenser can also dispense Lava?

Lava placement is disabled due to griefing, as you may have guessed. And we would rather prevent griefs in the first place than have to deal with them.

With the help of a SrMod or Admin a lava source block may be world edited in for the price of 75g. This can be done once per player.

Nether portals not working is a know bug that Callahan is aware of and will be fixing.

Mob spawning is capped per player, this is due to the server lag that is caused by the 1.14 edition of Java Minecraft. The lower entity count for the server, the better.

Callahan is aware of the fact that you will often end up in the middle of the ocean on using /rtp and although it is a problem, it is not as high priority to fix than some of the current issues. This will be looked into though in the future.

Also @KittenKatja lava placement and water placement are both disabled from working in claims from dispensors due to griefing issues in the past!
Edit: and outside claims too!

1 Like

Inside a claim… :thinking: