MunchyMC Prison Texturepack Updates [map9]

Welcome! I’m here to present an update to the resourcepack that adds textures to prison-exclusive items. You shall find the changes below:
(but first here’s a drawing of the hub prison npc in warp park because he is awesome)

HOW TO USE THE PACK

Click here to open a guide
  1. YOU NEED OPTIFINE FOR THIS RESOURCEPACK TO WORK!
  2. join the discord server on the end of this forum post
  3. go to the pack-releases channel
  4. download the most recent version
  5. open your archive explorer on downloads, and open minecraft
  6. in minecraft, go to options > resource packs > open pack folder
  7. it’ll open another instance of the archive explorer
  8. drag the downloaded pack to the resourcepacks folder
  9. go back to minecraft and put it in the selected packs
  10. press done, and it will load

WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 1.1?

This version’s main theme is the rank armor sets: Thug, Savage, Brute and Mafia

They were my primary focus because they stay between maps, and since map10 is right around the corner i wanted to make items that weren’t exclusive to this map. It doesn’t mean that’s the only thing i did though

Added textures for:

• all rank armor sets (including netherite versions and mafia bat)
  • 3 epic rares (which makes all epics have textures except for the pickaxes)
  • 3 ultra rares (bell, donkey leg and pinocchio woodcutter)
  • 3 special rares (fish eggs, merlin crystal and arcade token)
  • 2 creature rares (papa and baby bear stick/bottle)
  • 3 valentines rares (love letter, rose seeds and cupid pick)
  • 4 easter rares (easter egg, poop, jelly beans and pollen)
  • 1 legendary and 1 fabled (ugly duckling)
  • ultra and legendary shards
  • icons for the blackmarket menu

This makes a total of 63 new textures (not counting bm menu) !! it’s funny cause i just realized 1.0 release was 63 days ago meaning i averaged exactly one texture per day haha that’s kind of crazy

I’ve also polished a couple of previous textures - robin hood armor, hose, advanced jammer, mummy’s bandage - because they either had outlines that were too dark or just weren’t vibrant enough in general

MY PLANS FOR THE FUTURE

This is the last major update for the texturepack for this map, HOWEVER!!! I might be adding a couple more items and posting smaller updates in the discord server! I just won’t make a whole ass forum post for it

I will continue this project for map 10. I’m very excited to see what the admins plan for the next map. This is the first one i’m playing and it’s still a fun gamemode to me.

On map10 i plan on going all out and making textures for every single item. That wasn’t possible this map because i’m just one person and i started from scratch, also i lost motivation for like three months. Now that i have the base established (guard, rank sets, miner’s pick, bm menu, wood drops and drugs) it’ll be easier to focus on map related items

Speaking of which i came up with a cool lucky pick design that i’d like to implement in one of the smaller updates i mentioned from the discord! It’s funny cause i literally had this idea like two hours ago and now i’m committed to posting this update today haha

This is the reason i didn’t make textures for the epic pickaxes cause i take 100 years to come up with a design i actually like. I’m really proud of this design tho cause there’s 4 levels of upgrades for the lucky pick and a lucky clover has 4 leaves so it adds up

Anyway this isn’t the point i got distracted, here’s the link for the discord where you can download the texturepack and maybe smaller updates before map10 too :D

Also a reminder that optifine is required for the pack to work, that’s how it makes it so, for example, only items named jungle apple get the jungle apple texture and not every single golden apple

Once again i’d like to thank everyone for supporting me on this project and genuinely being excited for it! So far it has taught me so much about pixelart and art in general, and it warms my heart when people come to me and talk about the texturepack in the server.

Have a great day

13 Likes

i cant read cursive handwriting bro you’re gonna have to bless me

1 Like

Can I use it on survival?

(a bit different from original writing cause i just wrote some terms wrong)

some type of technological overgrown pick
gray with green from the clovers
handle with vines → the more upgraded, the more it gets overgrown → goes from dead to vibrant
cables at the bottom of the handle
very sharp but rusty metal
head is separated from the blade
clover leaves 1 → 4 from the fortune level

4 Likes

i mean yea? but i didn’t make any items for survival so it’s not gonna do anything
at most you’ll have the server selector items from the hub compass
to be fair idk what kind of items are there in survival but unless they have the same name of items in prison it’s not gonna change texture

3 Likes

Can I use it for Kitpvp or woolwars or hub?

This is so amazing and detailed! Can’t wait to see what you do next map as well!

My favorite new thing is the Ugly Duckling Rod and how the additional wings that the fabled one has

8 Likes

Just like Red, I’m gonna have to say the Ugly Duckling rod and Ugliest Duckling rod look fablous, though I have to mention that the Trick or Treat Basket is also one of my fav! :relieved:

(All the items look great of course! You clearly spent a lot of time on this and it shows! :raised_hands:)

3 Likes

this is incredible

5 Likes

very nice! i really vibe with the robinhood design along with the ugly duckling rod; the gingerbread man (the muffin man? THE MUFFIN MAN!) your designs are quite impressive. i look forward to seeing more :)))

3 Likes

Nice work!

3 Likes

Awesome sauce!

2 Likes

no bud

1 Like

hello update 1.2 is out on the discord !!
i did say i wasn’t gonna announce it on forums cause i don’t wanna flood it with multiple posts about the pack, but i think commenting on the same post is fine, especially seeing as it’s only been two weeks since 1.1
so i’m renaming this forum post to just texturepack updates, that way it’s not confusing

the theme of this update is passes because the old system was horrible it was a recolor and only had 3 of the 9 items

• gold, diamond and rainbow rush
  • mining, ultra and mythical boost passes
  • event and mega event passes
  • event party

the other items in this update:

• elsa scepter
  • bunny bow
  • wicked witches broom stick
  • nikolas’ eye
  • wilted rose
  • redvelvet’s cake
  • jack’s beanstalk
  • jack’s magic beanstalk

for the next update as i said i wanna attempt to make lucky pick and its upgrades, so far that’s proven to be a real struggle but i’ll get there eventually
(and maybe another armor set if i feel like it? that could be fun i don’t have a specific one in mind tho)

also thanks everyone for the nice comments !!? i didn’t expect the ud rod to be many people’s favourite haha even people that don’t know munchy talked about it when i showed them textures

that’s all i’ve got right now, have a nice day :D

8 Likes

Tasty looking’ cake! Thanks for keeping this updated. :)

3 Likes

looks awesome!!

4 Likes

I love it! The passes are adorable.

4 Likes

hello again !! ! the last update for map9 (version 1.3) is out right now on the discord :D
this one is a bit shorter than 1.2. i could’ve done more, especially because i took a one week break, like making a netherite version for miner’s and lucky picks. but honestly i think i’m satisfied with this

featuring:

• lucky pick and its upgrades
  • all merlin items (armor, staff, cauldron)
  • gepetto’s sharp woodcarver
  • olaf’s freeze-ray
  • little pig’s snout

i was working on lucky pick for a long while and i just couldn’t make any considerable progress. then i accidentally deleted the browser backup of them and had no screenshot to remake LMAO but after i started over and changed designs it turned out a lot better i’m glad that happened

the map9’s texturepack is not complete by any means, but it doesn’t feel empty either. i do feel like i was able to achieve a lot, and as i’ve said before in map10 i’ll be trying to texture every item

i don’t know if it’s gonna be harder or easier than on this map, because even though i won’t have to make textures for items that transfer over, like guard armor and drugs, there’ll be three times more rares like what

thanks for accompanying me in this almost 1 year long journey since i posted my last teaser back in like august or something, with only three items. this project makes me feel like i’m actually accomplishing something and it’s an amazing experience. here’s to an even better pack for map10 :100:

have a nice day :)))

6 Likes