MunchyMC Newsletter - February 2023

banner

MunchyMC Newsletter: Edition 61 - February 2023

Hello Munchies!

As promised last month, the 61st edition of our monthly newsletter features an interview with the one and only @BadBoyHalo. Stick around to the end to read about his past and future visions of MunchyMC.

Staff Team

Promotions

Senior Moderator

- DutchMTC has been promoted to Prison Senior Moderator!

Junior Moderator

- liambgames has been promoted to Prison Junior Moderator!

Build Team

- paengi has been promoted to Build Team Manager!
- Alkemystix has been promoted to Senior Builder!

Written by Atterax.

–|~News!~|–

Valentines Day Tags

With the loveliest time of year coming around again, the exclusive Valentine’s Day tags made a return! As always, you could not only purchase a tag for yourself but also share a free copy with a special person of your choosing. This year we brought back 5 of the previous Valentine’s tag, and also introduced 2 new ones!

grafik
grafik

Written by Atterax.

Written by Atterax.

Map 9 Updates

Valentine’s Crates!

:two_hearts: Love is in the air on prison. :two_hearts: To celebrate, this month saw the edition of Valentine’s Crates! As per usual, they can be purchased on the MunchyMC Store. Valentines crates are the only way that you can obtain the new valentine’s special rares, including Roses, Cupid Pickaxe and Love Letter!

Spooky Rares at /warp exit!

Boo! It’s time to go looting again, because Spooky Rares can now be found in chests in the outside world at /warp exit. :bat:

New Fabled Rares!

We have two new fabled rares that are now craftable this month - the Teenyrobot Bow and Ugly Duckling Rod!

As per usual, we have some item buffs, nerfs and adjustments this month. You can view the full changelog by typing /cl in game.

Map 9 Leaderboards

Don’t forget that we have over $1000 IN PRIZES being rewarded to those who are ranked the highest across the following categories at the end of the map!

:crown: Highest Rank :crown:

#1 - Tarteris - (23)(D1)
#2 - PlateCleaner - (21)(New)
#3 - PR0MISE - (XVIII)(D1)

:global: Most Ultras Found :global:

#1 - liambgames - 4,045
#2 - PR0MISE - 2,730
#3 - NotOryx - 2,463

:fishing_pole_and_fish: Top Fisher :fishing_pole_and_fish:

#1 - PapaCoach - 99L

:axe: Top Logger :axe:

#1 - Neonmuffin_ - 548,380

:pick: Top Miner :pick:

#1 - Shoblette - 14,108,658

:farmer: Top Farmer :farmer:

#1 - Tuxmux - 1,171,277

New Prison Newsletter Author!

It is with a heavy heart that I have decided to resign from my staffing position as a senior moderator on prison and as the author of the prison highlights for the newsletter.
As some of you may know, I have been writing the prison section of the newsletter since June 2019… so for almost 4 years. :sweat_smile:

Nevertheless, I am very happy to announce that the prison section will have a wonderful new author beginning from next month’s edition of the newsletter! @DonutJack is a well-loved member of the prison community who has recently been promoted to junior moderator, and he is going to do an incredible job as the new author of the prison highlights.

Thank you to everyone who has tuned into the prison highlights while I have been writing it. And for the the last time…

Written by dxlicaterose.

Heyo gamers, welcome to the latest highlight section of what’s been going on in Survival this past February! We’ve had some exciting stuff this month, here’s to much more in the coming months.

I. Viking Longboat Build Competition WINNERS

The Viking Longboat Build Competition has come to a close! The winning longboats are the Jörmungandr Berserkr, the Azura, and the Oseberg by the wonderfully talented @GuessImJosh, @AshThePotato332, @_Zorincian, @Phol, and @Moumik. These beautiful ships have been added to the fleet at an island near spawn!

II. New Questline

Survival’s second main questline has been released!! Head over to the Quests warp and start your adventure with the warrior Bjarke, and battle against new custom bosses.

III. Triple Plus & Rank Colours

The +++ rank now has a new, more prestigious look! You are also now able to change your rank colour to that of a survival rank with /color.

That concludes this month’s Survival Highlights! I hope you all enjoy the new features and look forward to what’s to come in the future. Thanks for reading! :)

Written by Atterax.

HELLO EVERYONE. It is me, ZombieBot01, here to tell you about the events of woolwars this month. One thing happened. Let’s get right into it!

I love clans and wars

This February, clan wars 3.0 was hosted by CharlieWK and DutchMTC. More than ten teams competed over three days to see which clan would come out on top. Congrats to Comet, Riyo, and Litraiders for winning!

I love kissing and cameras

That’s right everyone. After a six-month hiatus, the woolwars kiss cam is back. This months edition takes us across the server to survival, where @Viviannn and @oChocolate share a tender smooch after working in the mines all day. Munchy may be dead, but watching two people make out in a virtual block game will never cease to make our hearts flutter. Until next time ~~

Message me your kiss cam submissions for next month at @Reese#5218

That’s all for woolwars this month. See you later :saluting_face: :saluting_face: :saluting_face:

Written by Zombieforgot1.

Community Art Highlights! :paintbrush:

Hello and welcome back to the community art highlights section! Over the past month there’s been a plethora of beautiful art pieces which I am excited to share with you all. Also, in regards to the Artist Interviews, I have decided to post them every alternate month so that we don’t exhaust our amount of active artists to interview any time soon. Hope you all enjoy, and stay tuned for the March newsletter!

February 2023 Art Gallery

Click here
TrusteeBuddie

Illustration of Ampathy_

Skylifetree

Teruplim

Zammyz

Simfonija

Illustration of Atterax :sunglasses:

Illustration of Mysaan

line?

Illustration of ChipperHen

Illustration of EvillRat

Sp1derSnake

smeru

dnino :sauropod:

MaxTheNerdd

kr1tzie

Illustration of Simfonija

Pain22

May__Z

Mysaan

Illustration of Mysaan & oChocolate

LoveBlue

starlantern

Brooke_sun

Hope you enjoyed these pieces as much as I did, keep an eye on the artwork channel in the community discord and the next newsletters for more! :)

Written by Atterax.

BadBoyHalo Interview! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I don’t know about you guys, but I love bad boys. And you know who’s the baddest boy of all? That’s right. BadBoyHalo. Last month, I interviewed Bad and asked him some questions about Munchy. Here’s how it went!

Zombie - When you started munchy in 2015, what was your goal for the server? Has anything surprised you about what munchy has become today?

Bad - My goal for munchy was initially just to have a place for all my friends to come, play, and hang out together. It worked for the most part! I think I’m a bit surprised at how we’ve evolved over the years and how the community of minecraft has shifted as a whole. It’s affected how you release games and what games are popular.

Zombie - Munchy has released a lot of gamemodes over the years, a lot of which are gone now. Are there any games from the early days of munchy that you miss? What’s your favorite gamemode now?

Bad - Probably mazerunner. That was a very fun gamemode. Also hunger games is another one of my favorite game modes we had on Munchy for a bit.

Zombie - Your youtube content is the main way that people discover Munchy. Do you have any plans for promoting munchy when it gets updated?

Bad - Yes I do! I have a few videos in the works. The biggest issue I have is just editing. I need to find an editor who can help me get the content out quickly.

Zombie - Everyone knows that you use the word muffin a lot. Do you know when or why you started using it so much? It’s a very specific trait of yours, and I’m wondering where it came from.

Bad - I just really like muffins. Who doesn’t? They are delicious and nutritious. I can’t think of anything tastier. I think it’s one of those things I just started saying and it stuck. I can’t remember exactly why.

Bonus Question!

Zombie - There have been a lot of announcements regarding upcoming changes to kit and woolwars, and the community is getting excited. Without revealing too much, is there anything you can tease to everyone to build hype for the updates? :)

Bad - I can’t tease too much, but we do have a new hub in the works that I think people will really like. The goal is to completely change how the hub works compared to the current hub. We’re also testing a new queue system for the Saturday streams.

Thanks to @BadBoyHalo for doing the interview with me! We’re hoping to make this a semi-regular (Maybe once or twice a year) thing. I hope you all enjoyed!

Written by Zombieknot1

And that is all for this month!

That’s it for this month’s newsletter. Let us know if you enjoyed the BBH interview and if we should feature admin interviews more frequently in the future! And thank you to @dxlicaterose in the name of the entire community for having been such an awesome newsletter editor!

Written by cheater_
32 Likes

news letter

2 Likes

@DutchMTC apply for a job

yes do. do more.

2 Likes

Woolwar

3 Likes

Hmmm decent newsletter

@ZombieBot1 good job proud of you dad

3 Likes

NO WAY LMAO

:sunglasses:

10 Likes

gg Alkemystix, Dutch, liambgames and paengi!

4 Likes

woolwars gets love :0

4 Likes

But like can I get a statue of my awesomeness?

3 Likes

I EDIT VIDEOS GUYS

sometimes

4 Likes

Emu deserved the win (even tho he actually did win)

3 Likes

epic newsletter, also ty rose for everything, all the best :grin:

5 Likes

Thanks @dxlicaterose for all ur newsletters!

5 Likes

Water

4 Likes

I’m sorry for being negative, but… why?
I’ve never seen anyone who spends more than 3 seconds on the hub before joining a gamemode, unless it’s their first time on the server and they feel like exploring. Why’s the hub, a part of the server no one cares that much about, being given priority over crucial updates needed to be made for gamemodes which are a part of the server players do actually care about?

It makes no sense, in my opinion, to waste development efforts and money on something that is not relevant on any day of the week other than Saturday.

13 Likes

@Warlock505 and @EvillRat would say otherwise

2 Likes

I’m a hub main, i really appreciate the attention hub is getting.

6 Likes

Cant wait to see you as a hub helper.

5 Likes

Rat

Okay i leave again for about a month.

RAT HOW DID YOU INSTANTLY LIKE IT AS SOON AS I MADE IT HEH

3 Likes

first impressions are imoprant!

5 Likes