MunchyMc Build Team Application

IGN: Aquilz

Timezone: AEDT

Discord Name: Aquilz#9729

How long have you played MunchyMC?: I have been playing Munchy Basically every day for a couple of weeks I have came on and off of the server for a many moths now I’m pretty active. I have been playing since late 2019 or early 2020 . So I have been around the server for 2 years.

How active can you be per week?: I can go up to 19 hours a week. I am a quick builder though I and have been using things like world edit or just hand building and I like to make my builds quick but tidy.

Do you have any punishments on our Network? If so, what for?: I have not had any punishments on MunchyMc

Please link a portfolio of all your most recent build projects: I have 2 big builds one being a sumo/event map a KitPvP map and a small hub/lobby

https://aquilz.crevado.com/my-builds

Please tell us more about your FAVOURITE and PROUDEST build: My most proudest build would have to be the KitPvP map it took about a week to build and I am very proud of what i have created I enjoyed making the mountains and the head statue of myself I believe the mountains were that touch to make it look great in my opinion.

How experienced are you with World Edit, Voxel and other building plugins?:

WorldEdit - I have used world edit for a very long time. I used to build for other servers a while ago but I did not screenshot it and the server has shut down it did not have a name because we did not feel like it needed one and the ip was just numbers. I am quite experienced with how world edit works and the advanced information into it.

VoxelSniper - Voxel Sniper I have used a few times but I really have not gone to deep into it because I need to learn a few more things about it to use it comfortably

Describe your build specialty and weaknesses (detailing, terraforming, structures, etc.): My biggest weakness would have to be houses I am not the greatest at knowing how high to go and what to build because I do not know if it looks realistic or not and if there are supposed to be certain foundations in certain places and also I am the worst at roofs. I have always struggled on roofs and I never knew why I have friends who can perfect it and my looks really chunky and looks like a massive blob. Then my greatest strength when building is definitely terraforming mountains or bumpy land and I think that the WorldEdit brush tool has helped a lot with learning terraforming.

“”What is your history of building? If applicable, which build teams and/or servers have you worked for in the past?** I have only been builder/staff on one server and I messed around and had fun with people I mostly knew.

On a scale of 1-10, how well do you work with others? Please expand upon your answer: I love to work and communicate with other builders or anyone on a project/build. If I were to scale it 1-10 I would give myself an 8 because there are still things that I have to work on. One of the things I got to work on is seeing other peoples perspective and where they are coming from.

Have you applied for Builder before? If so, what was your reason for denial? How have you looked at improving since? No I have never applied for builder on MunchyMc.

1 Like

• The builds you did show don’t meet the expectations of Munchy.
  • You need a portfolio in order to apply, not a collage.
  • I recommend looking at some Accepted Applications before applying.
1 Like

As well, you do not portray your builds in a light that properly shows them off, you mess up your formatting, and you are vague.

19 hours a week is half a full time job what, thats 2-3 hours every day. Something not even all mods do

1 Like

Maybe that’s just coming from my perspective because I spend ~10 hours per day+ on munchy related stuff alone

It’s not about the time you spend online. Sometimes there are deadlines for some builds, but it’s up to every builder to decide if they can take on the project and meet the deadlines.
For builds you do without a deadline, 19 hours should be plenty of time.

8 Likes

Ok but I was looking at some accepted applications and they showed 2-3 builds

it said i could only use 1 media post so i had to make it into a collage

Combining both your responses, you still need to add a portfolio, and the reason they were accepted is because they have highly detailed builds which shows their building talents. Whilst the image on the left shows some resolve, the rest of the collage isn’t exactly very high standard.

+1 omg very gud builds give him builder

You can use websites like Crevado, Imgur or Google Drive to make portfolios.

im sorry if it is too late to give you my portfolio but here it is https://aquilz.crevado.com/my-builds
sorry for the confusion

Changing my response to +0.5 due to the addition of a meh portfolio and making significant strides in making the application decent. Gl g

Hey there!

Honestly, the builds aren’t that bad, but it can definitely have some improvements. For instance, for the sumo map you should expand to outside the ring. Make some seats for the crowd, or have it in the high above lava or giant spikes, something that adds more personality to it. Anyone can make a ring, you just gotta make it stand out compared to the others in some way.

Another thing I noticed was your weakness. I understand building buildings are hard (I know from plenty of experience), but you should definitely branch out of your comfort zone a little bit. In your photos, I noticed a lot of solid terraforming. I’m not sure if you made that yourself or if it was autogenerated, but that is fairly good. You should take those skills in combining blocks for more texture and add them to the roofs, such as granite and bricks, or stone and andesite. Little stuff like that can help make your builds look so much better.

For now though, I’m gonna give this a -1. Just because of the lack of experience in building and the quality of the application.

Keep trying though! I would love to see you as a builder one day!

2 Likes

Application denied. Basically what the people said in the replies above ^

Keep improving and start adding more builds to your portolio. Good luck. Please, if you wish to re-apply wait at least 3 months before doing so.

1 Like