Munchy don't hit the same no more

This is actually completely inaccurate. due to farming and shrek eyes afking is very meta. for a while after restarts prison will see at most 40 people on. prison is legitimately dying. even back when Skeppy was making videos consistently on woolwars/kitpvp we didnt see playercounts that could crash the server. and bbh still does stream here on saturdays. the fact remains that woolwars, kitpvp, prison, survival, and event servers are fairly independent from each other. and having more people on the server wouldnt see as big of an impact because they would be split between the gamemodes

BadBoyHalo, Skeppy, and other youtubers/twitch streamers that play munchy absolutely have a huge impact on the playerbase. if bad actually took the time to make a real upload schedule 1 munchy video a month would be more than enough to support the servers playerbase and get new people playing. especially if the videos were on different gamemodes. If people knew they would have a chance of meeting BBH/Skeppy on the different gamemodes they would be FAR more inclined to check them out. In fact, i would guess that a fairly decent portion of woolwars’ current playerbase discovered the gamemode because skeppy was making videos on it.

Pardon my spelling and grammar i wrote this in like 3 minutes and cant be bothered to spell check it

2 Likes

Whenever I’m bored of survival either i play purgatory and try to record some cheaters or just hop on other game modes and try to play (mostly woolwars because I wanna be good at it). But yes I don’t know why but munchy started being a bit boring ? I mean I always have a lot of fun playing survival, chatting and basically mining!

someone legit wrote the whole constatution of the united states and just spit words out of my mouth

so we all agree in order for munchy to have the same vibe again and bring back its old players it lacks and needs 2 things
-A major update
-Or my least favorite make skeppy go back to trolling bbh

If dream where to do an event on munchy or bad it wouldn’t help the server, in the long run, the reason why is because people who only join to play the events end up leaving after they die some might stay to hope that bad stays on the server but that most likely won’t happen

so we all are in an agreement here that something big needs to happen and fast before Munchy Loses even more players

for players like me logging onto munchy nowadays feel like a chore rather than fun and frankly, I hate it it’s like I’ve been burnt out and I hate it because a community I used to love so much is starting to rotten and die out

at this rate, if munchy doesn’t do something in the long run more and more players will start to leave because there isn’t anything new.
something needs to happen and something needs to change before it’s to late.

Yeah, I mean you’re right but for someone with a lot of money, with an even richer co-owner, they could definitely upgrade their servers. The lag is sometimes really annoying even if the player count is pretty low. So I agree that the servers need upgrading

1 Like

i completely retract this statement, i was wrong

3 Likes

That is what we call an addiction…

1 Like

For me, I’ve gotten bored of Munchy twice… and then came back. I had never beat the ender dragon in singleplayer by myself, so I decided to start a normal singleplayer survival world. It was super fun, and when you come back to the Munch it’s even better!

Yeah… me too man. Haven’t been on the forums in weeks, and hopped on prison randomly a few days ago. I think Munchy has really just ran it’s course at this point. There’s only so many things you can do with limited servers and busy server owners.
Minecraft used to be my escape from a certain family issue for years, and getting on Munchy was the highlight of my day. I’d be on for hours with my friends. I wasn’t good at prison at all, but I sure did have fun, especially pre skeppy.
Now it’s just… eh. I don’t know if it’s Munchy or just Minecraft, but I really have missed thse past few years, especially with the stress of school.
Munchy just isn’t the same. All my friends are gone, all the interesting discussions on the forums are gone, and dreamsmp makes me want to vomit every time I hear about it. I just miss everything about when I first joined the server, everything was so fun…

4 Likes

I joined in September 2019, literally 200 people on kit daily and maybe like a 400 during events, I join and there is like 90 people on kit now on average. Skeppy or bad and maybe even Dream need to do something to advertise the server. Even a second channel video from any of them would boost it for awhile. I remember when no one knew who Dream was and I was just a person simping for an admin. Little did I know. I want the server to go back to the old days, where you always hoped that Skeppy did a troll a troll while you were on and you would be in a video.

Those were the days…

all this talk about munch dying makes me depressed lol
meanwhile, hypixel just beat its concurrent players record a few months ago
this means that Minecraft as a whole isn’t dying, it’s just munchy itself
hopefully we can keep some of the players after the maintenance

1 Like

No one cares

Noob.

The fact remains that the two MASSIVE youtubers that own this server barely promote it at all. Dream has 20m+ subscribers, not only does he not contribute to the server in any way but he doesnt promote it either. You would think with all the tags, crates, and ranks they sell the server wouldnt light on fire when hypixel goes down like this.

The most hilarious part is dream barely even has to promote the server, hes so popular that if he joined prison from time to time people would find out and it would generally be more popular. This was seen with woolwars where skeppy (1/20th of dreams subs) would make a video on woolwars every 1-2 months, and woolwars would have hundreds of players on it every day because people came to check it out and wanted to meet skeppy

At least badboyhalo still streams here weekly.

3 Likes

I joined before you :yawning_face:

1 Like

I remember in 2016 when the Skywars gamemode existed when I was on my old account ComboPlayzMc

1 Like

well first of all dream isnt associated with munchy anymore(I think). He quit the staff team and left the discord. he got the fame and dipped. second, he doesnt promote the server because of prison toxicity and doesn’t want to be put in the same group as those players since he was literally an admin for prison. third, he gets over 40million views in his videos. imagine what would happen to the server if he advertised it?? server cant handle over 300 people imagine tens of thousands. only way to advertise would be on his twitter and stuff like that but not that many people look at his twitter

1 Like

have you even seen how much twitter stans dream even has? its ginormous

1 Like

just proves my point even more.

2 Likes

LOL just afk and barely play like I do, grind for claim blocks so you can be on the claim block leaderboard. For survival, Munchy gets boring after a few months, as you have nothing to do. You have build a base, presumably got gear, and maybe gold too. There’s just not much else you can do in Minecraft. Now as for the other parts of the server, more of the PvP side, they don’t have a lot of minigames you can play. I’ve also noticed a bunch of stuff wrong with the mods POV, but I’m not a mod and I don’t really care to be honest. If you want my advice, if munchy gets boring, afk on survival and do something else.